Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mercedes
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Gratuity

Mercedes, on May 3, 2017 at 16:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6
The venue we are looking at has written in the amount of gratuity into the estimated bill. Do we have to pay that amount how does that work?

6 Comments

Latest activity by Rekramer, on May 8, 2017 at 14:02
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If its in the contract, then it is instead of a tip. So you know exactly how much it will be and you don't have to worry about tip money on the day of. Its pretty smart. Usually more than people tip, but everyone has to make a living and it means you're not surprised or playing a guessing game.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine has gratuity as well which I think is a good thing, then I don't need to worry about should I tip individuals, should I tip the venue as a whole, how much do I tip...all the questions! It is in and done and I don't need to fuss about it.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes exactly what Louise said. I have it on mine as well! The venue should explain every little thing on there so you understand what it is you are paying for and if there are things you don't understand - ask them to make sure there are no hidden payments. Gratuity is common though.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Mercedes!

I just read you in the community and wanted to say welcome!! Smiley love

How's your wedding planning going?

You should also meet the other ladies from Ontario in here:

Kaitlyn - Couples getting married on 16/June/2018 in Ontario

Theresa - Couples getting married on 7/October/2017 in Ontario

Isabelle - Couples getting married on 7/September/2018 in Ontario

Take a look and let me know what you think! I can't wait to read your opinion and ideas Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You will have to pay it if it's written in the contract for sure! I agree with Louise on this one.
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes, if it is written into your contract you will have to pay it. Most venues do this so they can tip/pay their employees for the night. It's common courtesy especially if it a venue that is doing everything for you such as organising and catering.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics