Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Isabelle
Curious January 2019 Ontario

Couples getting married on 7/September/2018 in Ontario

Isabelle, on March 31, 2017 at 13:08 Posted in Ontario 0 19
Hey everyone. Seems like we've all chosen the same date! (If you are a fan of F.R.I.E.N.D.S you may know why we chose the 7th) what stage of planning and spending are you guys in? I'm curious as this is the first wedding I've even remotely been involved in. Not sure if I'm at the right stage or not... Anyone else as nervous as I am? Haha

19 Comments

Latest activity by Isabelle, on August 31, 2017 at 15:49
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww cute! I was looking at Stanley's Faem, they seem quite similar. My advice for choosing your colours (if you'd like it) would be look at Beantown as well as whatever decor details you have cemented and figure out which colours accent your venue best. Another way to go is looking at the colours that you and your SO wear the most/look best in and go with those ones Smiley smile My wedding is happening in a medow, once that was decided, the colours were easy. We're going with navy, burgundy, Brown and beige Smiley smile I hear ya! Living and breathing the wedding for the next year haha! If you're ever feeling overloaded, reach out! That's part of what this site is for! Smiley smile
  • Kila
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Isabelle !! Congratulations to you as well and all the other September 7 girls! We decided to have our wedding at Beantown Ranch and I am sooo excited . We have our first consultation for timing menu and decor choices at the end of this September and it's all I can think about . Very scary that at this point we have to commit on our choices for all of that . Decor especially as I haven't fully decided on my color choices or anything , where are you getting married ??
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Kila! Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials! What venue did you and your SO pick out?
  • Kila
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    September 7th bride here!!! Sooo excited and very very nervous!! Good news is we have secured our venue and photographer so only 999 more things to do !!! Congrats to all of you !!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good choice for sure! Gemstones are where it's at.
  • Rachel
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

it took me some getting used to it touching my other two fingers but now i hardly notice although i do play with it while working at my desk and sometimes catch myself starring at it! haha

i have a natural sapphire!

gem stone brides! woo hoo

• Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks! We're pretty happy with how it turned out. Its still taking a little adjusting and its still denting my pinky lol. The stone is an aquamarine.

• Rachel
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

love your ring! what stone is it????

• Isabelle
    Isabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's fantastic! Congratulations!! I love your ring!
  • Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm officially engaged! Next step: guest list and budget!

Couples getting married on 7/September/2018 in Ontario - 1
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Whatever at least we're listening to each other Smiley winking I love the themed drink ideas! I could work a Marquee into it as well.
  • Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've really taken over this thread with space-themed ideas. It really depends on how subtle you want to be. A rug that you walk up the aisle with a love story in the same scrawling font as the opening of star wars movies, a subtly placed rebellion/empire logo around, if you have a flower girl that could wear her hair in buns, a sign in the weird speech pattern of yoda, you could do a greenish cocktail and call it dagoba drinks...i should probably get back to work now.

• Isabelle
    Isabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Instead of "I do". David is going to say "until the end" and I'm going to say "always" both quoted from Harry potter. I love the engraving idea, super cute. I'd love to hear your starwars suggestions!
  • Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG I love these ideas. They're amazing. I want to have "together or not at all" engraved on our wedding bands. And I'm envisioning all the great props for the photo booth. We even dressed up as Rory and Amy for the last Con we went to, its not like the theme would be hard.

We're known among our friends as "the nerdy ones". I use a captain america shield as my laptop bag at work. I'm working on it. We'll see how far I get. I think he just thinks I'm going to make him dress up as the doctor and insist on wearing a police uniform instead of a white dress. I certainly haven't given up on the convincing.

If you want star wars ideas, I'm always available.I saw pictures of a very fancy star wars themed wedding once, not my jam, but they had succulents in silver pots a centrepieces.

• Isabelle
    Isabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing salted caramel sticks (stakes) with a sweet cheery dip (blood) in my candy bar and instead of "bride" I have "one girl in all the world" on my robe. Mr pointy is behind my bouquet (a little morbid to say but it's my security blanket) and our cake topper is the one from season 4 that Buffy and Spike describe. When I walk down the aisle, I'll be walking to the theme song from angel. All very subtle things except for the bride's walk. I don't care if people get it or they don't, it's part of who I am therefore it is important enough to incorporate it. My guest book cover says "in all the years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasn't important" and I'm reciting Amy ponds speech about love from the episode where it seems like she's been left in terminal care and hiding from the medical robots. Our send off at the end of the evening is everyone lifting sparklers like wands (Harry Potter) while a drone captures it on film. All of our napkins are red and the "ring" that holds them together with The cutlery looks like the... Handle.... Hilt to a lightsaber (his fandom, not mine Smiley tongue) he's making me watch them this weekend though so I can help incorporate it lol! But I ramble. My point is that it's your day! It's about both of you, not just you and not just him. If you want doctor who, your supportive, soon-to-be HUSBAND should be able to give it to you. It's not about what other people think or understand, it's about being accurately represented to you for you 💜 mind you my fiance and I work for, live and breath comic Con so the importance of fandoms are much more for us.
  • Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both watch it. He won't be fooled if I casually insist on a phone booth in the decor. He's convinced no one else will get it at the wedding, which I maintain isn't the point. Are you having slayer themed items at your wedding? I feel like there is no way my partner would allow that either, even though he loves all this stuff just as much.

I'm very impressed by how much planning you've accomplished. We aren't even officially engaged yet.

• Isabelle
    Isabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yup, we are doing in on a cruise boat (suits 350 people) Smiley smile thanks for the dress compliment, I hope it comes out that way Smiley smile I hear you want to do a doctor who themed wedding. Does your fiance also watch Doctor who? If not I could help you with some subtle doctor who decor tee hee Smiley smile every geek should be able to represent their fandom. Mine is Buffy the vampire Slayer
  • Rekramer
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your dress sounds amazing. Do you have a venue booked?
  • Isabelle
    Isabelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did start planning, I feel like I've done all I can do until the deposits are due. My ring is being resized right now. Thank you for the articles, I have them saved! Smiley smile My mother in law is a designer/seamstress and is helping me make my dress. My dress took a lot of inspiration from galadriel in The Hobbit. I know it sounds cliche geeky but it really is super pretty haha what about you?
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Isabelle,

Welcome to the community! I’m so happy to meet you here!Smiley heart I'm totally addicted to friends. Did you already start planning your wedding?

Maybe you can share your ring with the other girls!! Smiley love

Who is getting married in 2018?

Brides of 2018! Show us your ring!

Maybe this article can help you with creating a budget.

How to Create a Wedding Budget

Did you already find your wedding dress?

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics