Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Getting ready outfits - what will you wear to get ready?

Joey, on June 29, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 27

What will you wear to get ready on the morning of your wedding - pjs, robes, hoodies, tanks, flannel?

Will your wedding party be matching you?

Will these items be personalized?

In this wedding party even the bridesman matches!Getting ready outfits - what will you wear to get ready? 1

Photo by Holly McMurter Photographs in Toronto

27 Comments

Latest activity by Katrina, on August 12, 2018 at 18:29
  • Katrina
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Best advice I've heard yet! I would have never thought about that lol
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought satin robes for me, all the bridesmaids and both the moms! They are all embroidered with the name of their title ex. bridesmiad, Maid of Honor etc. The bridesmaids have the colour of their dresses, mine will be white like my dress and the mother dresses will be a charcoal colour. I am excited for pictures of us all dressed in our robes getting ready.

• Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm a hairstylist who does a good amount of weddings!
    Wear something that you don't have to pull over your head!!!!!!!!

Most of all something comfy. I'll be in a light weight jean button up
  • Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have robes for all of us to wear well getting ready, and I bought the cutest pjs from Walmart to wear the night before as well.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have a wedding party, so I'll be wearing some comfy PJs the morning of!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Plaid shirts and leggings for sure. I want comfort Haha
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm probably going to do matching robes or button down shirts. Anything comfy that won't affect the hair and makeup lol.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not sure yet, I don’t really care what my girls wear but I’m sure they’ll be in something comfy or pjs since they’re staying at my place the night before. I do have a white robe and we have matching tanks but I’ll leave it up to them what they want to wear. I bought them personalized champagne flutes for the morning of for mimosas Smiley smile
  • Lizmridha
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Lizmridha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    By all means, steal one Smiley smile I’m sure he won’t mind at all Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok hold up I love this idea... I steal my fiancé's sweaters all the time that's a cute idea to get ready in one!!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Didn’t even think of that! I will wear it this weekend for a longer period of time to see what happens! If there’s lines and they stick around, it’s back to the drawing board!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got the below from amazon for myself, my bridesmaids and the flower girls! Price was great and they are soooo nice in person!

I would say the fit is good up to a size 18/20! I am a 10 and had a good amount of room to wrap myself and tie it up!

Robes!Getting ready outfits - what will you wear to get ready? 2

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're welcome! I didn't even think of it until I went for my fitting and my mum mentioned it.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Watch the top of the dress. if its elasticized. if you are wearing a low back dress. you won't want lines from it at all.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For me its a wear what you want. I have a robe from being a bridesmaid and while it was fun. meehhh. I rarely use it now. so pointless. I will probably be in a fuzzy comfy robe. hahah or a wide neck tank. be comfy.

• Lizmridha
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Lizmridha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know it's "tradition" but i won't be doing matching or personalised. I am wearing one of his favourite flannel shirts that's too big on him.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whatever the heck they feel like. I haven't specified anything and we don't have pictures of us getting our hair or make up done, scheduled.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids will be wearing matching robes I got them as gifts, as well as slippers Smiley heart

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found a strapless white dress that can slip off from the bottom so it won’t mess up my hair! My bridesmaids will be wearing what they want. I want more pictures of us in our dresses than in our getting ready wear, so I’m not picky about what they wear.
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I won't have any wedding party. The morning of the wedding will be filled with driving around to makeup artist and hair stylist then rushing back home for Prep pictures before the Ceremony. Smiley sad So I will be wearing something comfy more like jeans and shirt which has front opening buttons.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my wedding party getting ready robes and slippers that we can wear the day of.
    TIP: don't wear a bra the morning off! I was told this by my photographer at our first meeting! Then there are no bra lines or anything in the photos 😊
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have a wedding party, but I'll most likely be getting ready in a robe.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably robes with our names on them (mine will have bride but theirs will not have bridesmaids - I want them to be able to use them after this) and some pj's underneath.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! That's my plan too! I didn't even think about the bra strap lines though! My dress is backless kind of like yours so that's totally something I need to remember. Thanks!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Comfy clothes. Nothing matching. Just us. Happy and casual.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just wore comfortable clothes. I wore my pj pants and a robe all day as I had an illusion back dress and couldn't have any strap or bra marks anywhere.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personalized robes and they do not match which works for me Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics