Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Newbie September 2020 Ontario

Do's and don't

Samantha, on February 4, 2018 at 20:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
What would you have changed of your wedding / added ? - to make sure your wedding stayed in budget.

8 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on February 6, 2018 at 10:44
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I thought about what I remembered from other weddings I've been to. I remember where everyone got married/had reception, I remember the colours for most of them, and I remember who I sat with during the reception. So for me, the most important things were nice venue and good pictures. My fiance wanted good food. So, that's where we wanted to spend our money.

I also am making centrepieces that can first be used down the aisle in the ceremony. And, they will be given out as the favours. Three uses for one thing! A lot of decor can be used for both ceremony and reception. You just need people (family, wedding party) who will be able to move the decor for you.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The savings of an oufit as my parents travelled and save on the outfit for my husband. Other than that, was on teack too and add honeymoon still to the budet.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I stayed within my budget by tracking my budget super closely. WeddingWire has a great budget tracking tool, but anything you choose to use is fine as long as you're diligent at updating it. We can also help you think of expenses that many people forget to include, such at tips and postage.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had an idea of what I wanted and didn't want for my wedding. I would say though that I may have ditched some of the extra decorations.

• S
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow that's amazing! Where did you get married ? Thank you for that info Smiley smile
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like Carol I had a pretty good idea of what was important to me going into the wedding. For me it was: Good Food, an intimate venue with character and lovely wedding photos. My Fiance only cared about Open bar and great music.

Things like the cake and random decor we cut out.

• Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Flowers are expensive that's why I think I will be making my own bouquets with fake flowers.. Just a suggestion Smiley smile
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went into this process knowing what I wanted and didn't want, I didn't want to spend money on flowers or a cake, I knew that I wanted to spend the money for a great photographer, I wanted to have a Photobooth and and open Bar. I went with a venue that included everything and for a great price, they include the DJ, cake, and centerpieces, and the Limo. We are under budget, and if we decide to add anything on, I'm comfortable doing it. Spending 4000 to 5000 dollars on flowers were not worth it to me, when other things were.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics