Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Did you invite someone out of obligation?

Lynnie, on November 6, 2017 at 12:51

Posted in Plan a wedding 45

In this week's game we're finding out if you are innocent or guilty ! Did you invite someone out of obligation? Are you innocent or guilty?? >> Next question: Did you plan your wedding at work? To start from the beginning, click here: Are you innocent or guilty?

In this week's game we're finding out if you are innocent or guilty !

Did you invite someone out of obligation? Are you innocent or guilty??

cinderella4.gif

giphy.gif

>> Next question: Did you plan your wedding at work?

To start from the beginning, click here: Are you innocent or guilty?

45 Comments

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

GUILTY! There were a few people I invited out of obligation that I wish I hadn't. They didn't really cause too much of a fuss and I didn't really end up seeing much of them so no harm no foul I suppose.

• Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Guilty. Very guilty haha I don’t want to offend anyone or hurt feelings and had a very hard time saying no
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guilty. Only a couple though and i wasn't upset by it.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A lot of our guests are obligation invites. Most of them are out of town though and we didnt go to their weddings so chances are they wont come and we wont be offended haha.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Guilty... we've got a few family members (especially on his side) that we are just inviting to keep familial peace.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kind of. I'm okay with having them there but wouldn't have necessarily thought to invite them.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did... jesus lol They made me feel guilty!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not really, but also yes. FH has two friends that I would not invite, not because I do not like them, but because they are moochers. And they will also bring their girlfriends whom I also considered moochers!
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup... all of my cousins and friends children. I didn't want any children there at all but my dad insisted I invite everyone, like literally everyone. Then I felt I had to invite my friends children since there will be so many there. So yeah.. probably at least 30 children because it's what my dad wants.

• Shaina
    Frequent user April 2019 Ontario
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I guess technically I have, but only one so far.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh yes! Half of my guest list! I'm the eldest daughter of the only son in my dads family... so I "had" to invite all of the family... my dad has apologized for it about half a dozen times. And that's not all. Lol.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husbands cousin was one of the obligatory ones. His dad said he'd pay for her plate so it was fine. They haven't seen each other in like 20 years so he didn't want to invite her.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There were a couple people from my husband's family that we didn't necessarily want to invite like his grandfather and his one aunt/uncle, as we don't speak with them, but his mom asked us to...and his grandfather didn't show up even though he rsvp'd yes, and his aunt/uncle tried to pick a fight with me the week of the wedding because we didn't invite their kids whom we have no relationship with and it was a kid free wedding aside from our nieces.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics