Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Did you ever wish you were eloping instead?

Lynnie, on November 6, 2017 at 12:28

Posted in Plan a wedding 55

Last question!! Throughout the entire wedding planning process - have you ever said *or thought* "man I wish we were eloping instead"? Are you innocent or guilty ? ***** Thanks for playing!!! If you have any other great 'Innocent or guilty?' questions, make sure to start your own discussion ! If you...

Last question!!

Throughout the entire wedding planning process - have you ever said *or thought* "man I wish we were eloping instead"? Are you innocent or guilty ?

giphy.gif

Thanks for playing!!! If you have any other great 'Innocent or guilty?' questions, make sure to start your own discussion !

If you liked this game, check out Firsts , Dress Decisions , and Friends or Family?

55 Comments

• Quinn
    Beginner February 2018 British Columbia
    Quinn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    GUILTY but I would really regret not having a father daughter dance.
  • Shannon
    Beginner November 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    100% guilty! We both want the best of both worlds and have a hard time deciding if we would go with an elopement which best suits our personalities and how private we are OR a barn wedding where my future hubs grew up and the country wedding won. Still think about how nice eloping would be though...
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guilty - We both hate being the center of attention, and wish to keep it as intimate as possible. Unfortunately, it's not a possibility.

• Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Guilty!! All the time. It was our original plan to do a tiny elopement style wedding and then party with everyone when we returned home but the in-laws killed that idea

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At this rate, yeah i kinda wish we did chose to do that.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So much yes, mostly to avoid the headache of planning, but in the end we were super happy with how everything turned out.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guilty! We both actually wanted to elope but our families would have been upset and I really wanted my mum there so it wasn't really an option.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I thought about it but my family and my financé's family are very important to us! So we want to share our special day with everyone! Side note: I love the questions! Makes me think of different aspects I haven't thought about in a while! Keep them coming!! Haha
  • Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not a chance! My wedding is something I’ve always dreamt of and imagined since I was little. It’s been such an exciting time planning and actually making the day become real.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Toward the end, the thought crossed my mind...but I'm glad we didn't!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ive said it lol but more of a joke. Ive never actually meant it. Both of us are so excited for our wedding!
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    GUILTY... lol. We wanted to elope, but my family would NOT be happy.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope. I wanted the big (well, medium) wedding. We talked about elopement before we were engaged, but it always made me sad to think about.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Every. Single. Day lol Too late now!

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup! lol. But honestly, I wouldn't trade the wedding planning for anything!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nooo, I want my people around me! But it would be soooo much easier!
  • Shaina
    Frequent user April 2019 Ontario
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do! I didn't want a wedding at all, probably due to social anxiety, but FH does so I'm compromising..

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I started saying that closer to the actual day - but once it came I am sooo happy with everything - it was a perfect day!! Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes!!! Haha. But it was never given it any real concideration... we say that it would have been easier and cheaper if we would have just eloped... but we know that the day we are planning is going to be wonderful!
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope! I couldn't imagine doing our wedding any differently, it was better than i imagined! Plus I wanted our parents to be there and my dad to walk me down the aisle
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes i wanted to elope and have a small beachfront wedding, but we did not because half the family couldn't travel Smiley sad

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don' wish to elope, but sometimes I wish we were doing a tiny little wedding - like a backyard bbq or something, just because it would be less hassle. But at the same time, I'm so excited for our big, traditional wedding that now I couldn't picture it any other way

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope! I have always pictured myself in a gown, walking down the aisle and having a reception with my friends and family all present!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics