Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Expert July 2022 Ontario

Covid-19 Date Changes

Amanda, on May 6, 2020 at 16:58

Posted in Plan a wedding 226

Hello Future Brides, Wondering if anyone else is postponing their dates. My original date was on July 18th 2020, and we have decided to move it to October 9th 2020 in hopes this Pandemic will be "close" to over. What is everyone's thoughts. What are you doing & when are your wedding dates? What...

Hello Future Brides,

Wondering if anyone else is postponing their dates. My original date was on July 18th 2020, and we have decided to move it to October 9th 2020 in hopes this Pandemic will be "close" to over.

What is everyone's thoughts. What are you doing & when are your wedding dates? What struggles and issues are you facing right now? Are your Vendors being helpful? How are your venues treating this situation?

I hope everyone is trying to stay positive as hard as I know it is. I am praying this works out for everyone, and I am so sorry if you have already experienced having to adjust according to the pandemic. My heart is with you all! Smiley heart

Let me know what you are doing to try and stay sane!
Smiley laugh

226 Comments

• Kaitlyn
    Beginner February 2021 British Columbia
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm super nervous for our wedding which is suppose to be in Jan 30/2021 and we have 100 guests coming but we have talked it over and if we have to cancel it we would just postpone till like fall 2021 or next Jan 30/2022 idk what to do because its still far enough away but if the second wave comes idk just getting super discouraged and hard for me to plan because its basically the unknown Smiley sad how is everyone handling all these changes?

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one! Smiley heart

I think if there is a phase two it won't be until after, and I am not really sure if there will be a phase 2, have less than 400 cases province wide is pretty good if you ask me, and if people can be aware and actually take precautions it will only make it better.

I am hoping we can both have our wedding the way we had planned! Smiley ring

• Julia
    Beginner July 2020 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have the same day as you and we havent post poned anything if phase 2 is a go then the wedding is aloud . Just depends on your wedding
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that idea! I am so happy you are going through with it no matter what!
    Wishing you happiness & a beautiful ceremony this year! ❤️
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wish you lived near me, I have two dresses and I would have been happy to lend you one to be married in.

I do wish you the best of luck girl! Just try to remember the positives of it all, as hard as that can be during these times. ❤️
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding was for August 15th but we decided to postpone our wedding celebration. We have decided to still get married though this year and our wedding celebration on August 14, 2021 and celebrate our one year wedding anniversary with everyone.

I still wanted this year to be special so I ordered a second wedding gown from Azazie and my fiance will also be getting a new tux as well. That way both are different and equally special.
  • E
    Newbie June 2020 New Brunswick
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same here actually. We are supposed to get married this August but with everything going on, we knew that there would be almost a chance that we could have the wedding we wanted. Plus our venue is shut down and won't be open for months. So we decided to move the wedding up to the end of June. For a small wedding of just our family (so our inner bubbles). Though I have no dress, no venue and no idea what to do. Wish me luck!!!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a great focus to shift too!
    It will be even more amazing to get married next year and go back to YOUR home that you have built together and start the newest chapter.

I am very excited for you! Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this attitude !!! Smiley smile Smiley heart
    I am excited for you to marry your soulmate this year!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes I also heard Spain, Which was terrible are now allowed gatherings of 25-50 people, with no protocols in place. My FH has brothers out there so they keep updating us.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Perfect! I am glad you have a back up plan if needed! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hang in there! I hope we get through this together and get to have our wedding! Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley heart I am crossing my fingers for you girl! Praying October works out for everyone, praying anyone who still has their date for this year works out!

• Paige
    Curious October 2020 Saskatchewan
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same here! Congratulations btw 🥰
  • Patricia
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My original date was June 27, 2020 (coming up so fast 😩) and we postponed twice. First to February 6, 2021 back in April, then 3 weeks later we pushed it even further to September 18, 2021. I got nervous reading about the “second wave” and that’s why I pushed it out as far as I did. It sucks, but we have a guest list of 150 people and I don’t think that will be allowed anytime soon.

I originally wanted to get married on my original date, and party next year, but it’s become impossible since the state of emergency only limits gatherings of 5 people, and I can’t imagine NOT having my parents there. So that’s why we decided to just wait it out.
    I’m staying sane by focusing on our new place! We are almost done renovating and almost ready to move in. That’s something we have to look foreword to at least. Then we will focus on the wedding again next year.
    I’m crossing my fingers for everyone’s original/postponed dates, I hope it works out for everyone Smiley smile 🤞🏼
  • Kim
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our original wedding date was October 10th and we've decided to go ahead and get married regardless of whatever is happening! Our venue has been postponed until next year for a bigger celebration, so we're not totally sure where we'll get married, but we have a few options.

Our officiant and all vendors have been AMAZING to work with. Very understanding and adaptable.
    I'm sad that our original plans won't come to fruition this year, BUT WE'RE GETTING MARRIED! Hard to be too upset when I get to spend the rest of my life with my FH!
  • J
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm doing the same thing!! I am hoping we can have at least 50... my friend in BC just had her wedding this past weekend, she was allowed 50.. hoping by October we will be allowed the same in Ontario!

• D
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Dolly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding date is October 3rd 2020 and I am determined to get married..our immediate family is 24 people so as long as its atleast 25 Im doing it. Fingers crossed everyone, this is definitely not the wedding I planned on with the added stress but things could be worse. Stay strong everyone 💗
  • D
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Dolly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mines October 3rd doing the same fingers crossed 🤞
  • Jennifer
    Newbie May 2021 Quebec
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date is Oct 17th. My fiancé and I are waiting to see how things look in August or so. As of right now, we are keeping our date. I’m so anxious about this, and especially as the date gets closer. I’m so sorry to all those who had to postpone. We’re in this together! ❤️❤️ Thinking of you all
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

HI Darling,

Yes same situation as well. I am thinking of doing the live video of the ceremony and reception, as there are companies who do this, its just a URL that you log into & only for people you give it to, that can see your big day. I'd just rather do that instead of having everyone on my facebook watching a very special and intimate moment. I also believe there are going to be some people who won't be coming just due to the pandemic, but it is what it is, and if we can move forward in October, than that is what we are going to do ! Smiley smile
    Wishing you so much luck! & good luck on the continuous planning, maybe have a glass of wine or two ! lol

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh No. I am so sorry you are going through this experience!
    Why are they postponing so early? I thought Venues would try to hold out as long as they could.

I hope you find a date none the less and plan the best possible wedding!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.
    We are going to hold tight for this year, until we no longer have a choice at which point we will post-pone for the following year!
    I am happy you made your original date special, I think that something beautiful that all couples should do!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOOHOOO Smiley laugh
    Lets stay strong girl! October 2020 ! Smiley ring

• M
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Martine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In a very similar situation as yours....

Original wedding date was June 27, 2020.
    Have postponed to October 11, 2020.
    I am keeping fingers crossed that things are going to still take place in October. Trying to be proactive and already considering how we will need to incorporate "social distancing" in our day as well as how we seat our guests for ceremony, dinner, etc. Trying not to spiral into insanity while "planning" with all of these uncertainties, but it is hard some days.
    Also trying to plan alternatives for some guests who may not be able to / feel comfortable coming (is some of the older guests). Seeing how we can either record our wedding or have them connect remotely to view live. Always a challenge for some relatives who are often not technically savvy.
    All in all, out vendors have been more than excellent! I have had no struggles rescheduling to October and everyone has been incredibly helpful.Will be writing some great reviews for vendors.
    Hang in there! This whole thing has been one crazy roller coaster! And it's not over yet....
  • Megan1017
    Newbie September 2021 Nova Scotia
    Megan1017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fingers crossed for your new date!! It’s been a hard year for us 2020 brides! Our original date was May 17, 2020. Then our venue helped us postpone to September 13, 2020 but they called us just last week to cancel our second wedding date (a week after I sent our new invitations) so now we are trying to figure out new plans altogether for 2021 as our venue is booked solid for next year. Good luck to all our 2020 brides! Thinking of you all through this difficult planning time!
  • Jaime
    Newbie October 2021 Ontario
    Jaime ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just passed our original wedding date, May 30. I thought it was going to be the worst day but we went canoeing and had a lovely seafood dinner. As we're still limited to gatherings of five or less and continuing to physical distance with anyone other than the two of us, we embraced a day of just us. It was lovely. Not how we imagined May 30 going after a year and a half engagement but special nonetheless.

At the end of March we made the decision to move our wedding to July 18, 2020. But last week we made the call to move our wedding to next year. Out of an abundance of caution we moved to Oct. 2, 2021. Having already postponed our wedding twice we didn't want to chance a third move. We're really hoping everything is back to normal by then.

All of our vendors have been wonderful. First moving to July 18 and then to Oct. 2, 2021. We haven't lost any deposits and the only additional cost is that we'll have to pay 2021 catering rates. Which is totally understandable and we expected it. Our wedding will be exactly as we planned. Just a little later than we originally thought.

Overall we've been really fortunate with the ease of moving our wedding not once but twice. Once we decided to move to fall 2021 it was like a weight was lifted. It's nice to not have to worry if our wedding is or isn't going to happen.

And hey, a three year engagement isn't a bad thing and all of our planning is done so it's just waiting for the new date!

I feel for all the couples who are in the same situation as us. It's so unfair but I hope you can make the most of this time spent with your fiancee. I know there's no one I'd rather be social distancing with than my future husband.

Take care and good luck with your decisions.

• Kailie
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Kailie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date is October 17/20, and as much as my fiancé and I are worried about COVID causing problems, I am just as anxious for every other 2020 couple!!! We are in this together!!!! 😭
  • Kailey
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Kailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it seems fitting to at least do a little something if possible that way I feel like the day will still be special, also considering making funny t shirts to go along with it and really have a fun memory.
    Also we had made our guest book already so we could totally have anyone who comes sign it and than we can have it on display (since it's a canvas) until we get our new one.

Got to try and make the best out of the crazy situation that all 2020 couples have been dealt
  • E
    Newbie August 2022 Prince Edward Island
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Were also looking to postpone. Unlike most people, we actually had a destination wedding booked for February 2021, but without a vaccine most people don't want to travel to an international destination. And the resort has a 6 month requirement to cancel to get a full refund on our deposit which puts our decision into this summer. In order to secure a summer 2021 date and venue we need to make a decision soon. It's frustrating as I don't want to postpone a full year into winter 2022 to keep my dream wedding on a beach.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. I have not experienced this, but I also hope they give you an option to move sooner rather than later so you can start planning for your new date!

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love that you are still going to to a BBQ to at least mark that day !
    I am thinking of doing something similar as well!

I am glad you are settled and booked for next year! I hope its absolutely perfect !

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics