Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Expert July 2022 Ontario

Covid-19 Date Changes

Amanda, on May 6, 2020 at 16:58 Posted in Plan a wedding 3 226

Hello Future Brides,

Wondering if anyone else is postponing their dates. My original date was on July 18th 2020, and we have decided to move it to October 9th 2020 in hopes this Pandemic will be "close" to over.

What is everyone's thoughts. What are you doing & when are your wedding dates? What struggles and issues are you facing right now? Are your Vendors being helpful? How are your venues treating this situation?

I hope everyone is trying to stay positive as hard as I know it is. I am praying this works out for everyone, and I am so sorry if you have already experienced having to adjust according to the pandemic. My heart is with you all! Smiley heart

Let me know what you are doing to try and stay sane!
Smiley laugh

226 Comments

Latest activity by Kerri, on June 20, 2020 at 19:30
  • Kerri
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Kerri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date is October 10, 2020. We picked the date for a reason. As COVID does not appear to be going anywhere fast, we have decided to proceed with an intimate ceremony only on October 10, and postpone the party to October 9, 2021. That way we can have our guests ring in our one year anniversary. We hope our guests understand.
  • Zara
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah got it! Thank you!!

• D
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    Dolly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    30 percent capacity for the ceremony but only still 10 people for reception. So my church holds 400 30 percent is 120. The number for the reception is still at 10 but Im sure will go up by then
  • Zara
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hope so! I am so confused, it says 30% of capacity but then maximum 10 people? If my venue takes in 1,000 people, does that mean I can invite 300 or only 10 people? I am so confused.

• D
    Dolly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Https://lifeology101.com/2020/06/13/ontario-eases-restrictions-on-wedding-and-funeral-ceremonies/

Things are looking good Im sure by Sept reception numbers will increase 💗
  • Carolina
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'll be keeping our fingers crossed for all of us!
  • Jennifer
    Beginner June 2023 Quebec
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes it definitely does! We are all in the same boat that’s for sure. I never would have thought that this year would turn out this way but I guess we just need to go with the flow sometimes and make the most of it. Same here, we are holding off until end of July to make the final decision for October or April.
  • Carolina
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! July will be our time to make that final decision. It feels like gambling. It is encouraging to see other people who share the same experience and have been through the same emotional rollercoaster.

It creates a unique bond I guess for all of the 2020 brides.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I didn’t want to wait that long either. Moving a wedding twice is no fun at all, but I think September 2021 is a nice safe date and all should be well by then so feel confident in that decision. You will have your special day! 🤗
  • Carolina
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am very happy for you! I am supposed to get married October 2020 but we might be pushing it to September 2021. I don't want to wait that long but I am not a summer person. my fiancé wants to wait until July to make a decision and I am trying to prepare myself mentally because I know I'll be very discouraged.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Yes I’m definitely Im definitely still holding out for October! Let’s keep our fingers crossed!
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well I am glad you got a backup date, but I do hope October can work out for you. I am also starting to realize it may happen but a part of me for some reason believes it could, so I am holding onto that hope until August- September. Fingers are still crossed. Smiley ring

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our original wedding date was June 20th ( next week)😭, we then moved it to October 17th but I’m feeling more and more like that is not gonna happen or there won’t be enough restrictions lifted to have 130 person wedding the way we would have dreamed. I’ve been so sad just realizing that this may not happen at all this year. We were going to just settle on a small ceremony but I had this nagging feeling that my day was stolen from me and I would never get to live the full experience of my wedding by day and honeymoon. So we made the decision to book a backup date for April 2021 and I cannot tell you how relieved I am with this decision. I’m excited again and hopeful that it can all happen as planned. We didn’t want to delay it further but I am happy I made this decision. I didn’t want to have any regrets on not having the wedding day and experience as I always dreamed. Wishing you all beautiful wedding days, whenever you’re day comes and however you choose to celebrate! Do what feels right for you! ❤️
  • Carolina
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hope so! If they increase the numbers then maybe we can discuss keeping our date. It just worries me about the bridal shower and stag. The church portion is in Toronto and our reception is Vaughan. How about you?
  • Carolina
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would think if the government has a limit that they can't penalize you for that. I wish you the best of luck! Keep us posted Smiley smile
  • Zara
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I just emailed my venue and hoping that they would be okay to put a hold.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have a minimum as well, if they don't allow gatherings of 125 by October I won't be able to do my wedding either. We have a soft hold for June of next year.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am glad you are still doing something this year!
    I hope next year is everything you dream of girl! Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Girl,
    Well good news is that they are allowing places of worship to open, We just have to hope that every phase people are considerate and hopefully numbers will continue to go down as the economy continues to reopen. I am hoping they look into phase 3 in the next few weeks as long as the numbers stay low.
    Where abouts are you getting married?

• Zara
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We unfortunately have a "minimum guest count" number and won't be able to cut down the list:/ I am contacting my vendors now to see if they would be available for May 2021 so we can put a hold.

• Kelsie
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Alberta has just announced the stage 2 of reopening that is to launch tomorrow and only 50 people are allowed to gather indoors together at a time. Therefore, with a 300 person guest list we have decided to postpone our reception to next September. However, we will still be going forward with our ceremony this September 19 with just immediate family members and our wedding parities. We are also planning to renew our vows at the reception next year so those not at the ceremony will still get to see us exchange our vows. A wedding is something you celebrate with all your loved ones and we didn't have the heart to cut down our list that much. We would rather wait to celebrate with all of our guests. At this point, it is what is and no decision is easy. But whatever you decide will be right for you!!

• Carolina
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    With phase 2 and having 10 people allowed for a wedding is a little step in the right direction. We also have the church and they are allowed to be open at 30% capacity. We are trying to wait until July to go ahead with the wedding or change it. We are waiting until then because we need to inform our vendor about printing our wedding invites as well as my bridal shower invites.

I am so torn. I want to get married but I feel that it would be strange to host a bridal shower and stag after getting married.
    How am I feeling at the moment? Defeated.
  • Carolina
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you end up changing your date or waiting a little bit longer? It also depends if you can cut your list down.
  • Zara
    Zara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is as well with a huge 500 people list! I think mine seems impossible this year.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m in Ontario & lots of places have moved into phase 3 except the GTA where of course me wedding is! Phase two for us does not mean larger gatherings as of yet, currently we are only allowed 10 people as the largest gathering. I’m hoping to hang tight and see if that changes soon!
  • Kallei
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Kallei ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m not sure what province you’re in but Alberta just released the phase 2 announcement starts this Friday. It means gatherings of 50 people indoors are now allowed (social distancing still applies ugh) and 100 people are allowed outdoors. We are September 26 and have been waiting for this announcement to help us make a decision... I think we will go ahead but it will certainly be tricky to accommodate social distancing during a reception... hmm. Hopefully by September that won’t be strictly in place anymore or can have an exception for family gatherings
  • Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes. They are also mentioning venues can open for drive-in concerts, movies ect.
    I think they may have a minimum of 100 by September/October. The reason I am saying this is because they are talking about kids going back to school in September... That being said, some high-schools are massive so if they allow kids to go back to school, we should be ok to hold our weddings, but that's IF they go back to school.
    I am just trying to stay hopeful ! We are going to hang onto our date until August at which point we will make our decision.

• D
    Dolly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think 50 is realistic, even if restaurants are allowed to open at 50 percent capacity it should be fine. Its weird because churches are allowed to open at 30 percent capacity starting Friday so technically a wedding ceremony can have more than 10. My church holds alot of people. Its so stressful ugh best of luck
  • Carolina
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am hoping at least 50. We have to make a decision by mid July because we have to tell our invitation vendor if she should print her invites. She has been so lovely and helpful. Starting Friday, we are allowed 10 people for weddings and funerals.

• D
    Dolly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Depends what your willing to settle for, getting married wont be the problem it will be the reception...Im hoping for atleast 50. My hall hold 300 so even at 30 percent capacity thats 90. Fingers crossed and hope it all works out for us all 💗
  • Carolina
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is also October 3rd and I don't know what to do.

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey Girl,
    Completely understand how you are feeling.
    We are very scared as well at the moment, no for phase 2 but in hopes this end or at least eases enough for us to be able to hold our wedding. We don't know if there will be a phase 2, I am praying we don't have it at all, but we never know. Lets hope they have a vaccine by then.
    I don't know what to tell you to do to help you stay positive as I am struggling myself.
    I am planning as if it's going to happen, and if it doesn't well... I just have no control over that and I will HAVE to plan for the following year, but I would rather try !
    Maybe add some extras for your wedding, talk to your bridal party about your bachlorette, just try to distract yourself as much as you can.
    Praying for the best possible outcome for us all! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics