Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Super July 2019 Ontario

Bridesmaid dress colour

Jennifer, on May 24, 2018 at 21:34 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 39
Not getting married till July 2019. So lots of time.
But am stuck on which colour I like best.
Love all 4 of these for very different reasons.
Any thoughts?
1st is cobalt
2nd is teal blue
3rd is sangria
4th is mist

All from davids bridal.
Ceremony is in an old courthouse/heritage building. Reception at a typical wedding hall. Will take garden photos and city skyline/water ones (our city is right on the water)

Bridesmaid dress colour 1

Bridesmaid dress colour 2

Bridesmaid dress colour 3

Bridesmaid dress colour 4

39 Comments

Latest activity by Helen, on June 11, 2018 at 13:53
  • Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the teal and sangria styles (would be a great mismatch look) but prefer the teal and mist colours (they are all gorgeous but I just love blueSmiley smile . What I would do is consider your photography first. If you are going with a light and airy style (which would lend itself perfectly to your picture locations) I would go with the lighter more romantic summery colour. If your photog has a more moody, darker dramatic side then I would go with the darker colours (would look amazing in wooded locales).

Consider the overall complexion of the party, and style of the wedding to guide you.

• Krista
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Krista ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sangria for the win!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in love with the Cobalt and the Sangria!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the mist one! The colour is gorgeous Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have no other colors in mind. honestly because I will probably have minimal in terms of decoration and flowers etc. for centrepeices I want glass vases with mini lights or candles. just real simplified.

so all my color scheme will come because of the dress color. the girls dress also determines suit color. haha

• Cassandra
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mist is STUNNING!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I chose colours that aren't very popular, so it's been harder to find used items with my colour scheme. If you are wanting to buy used, I would suggest looking on wedding groups like on Facebook to see what decor people are selling in what colours. But, if you aren't concerned with buying used, I would suggest asking your bridesmaids as they will be the ones wearing them!

• M
    Curious August 2018 Manitoba
    Modupe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    U can ask each of ur bridesmaids to wear each color if you are gonna be having just four bridesmaids. And all the colors looks pretty.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahhh sangria! That's one of the colours I've been looking at haha!
    If you're having the water line in photos I might go with the first or last blue colours!
    The first is more bold, the last is much more soft so I suppose it depends the overall look you're going for?
    What are your other wedding colours? And do you have any bouquets in mind?
    For me personally I ordered my bouquets first and then I'm going to match the dress colours to them!
  • Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our accent colours are gold and cream. We are getting married in a greenhouse-like event centre so we needed a bright colour that would pop against all the greenery.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My first thought goes to, what complexion are your bridesmaids? I love the teal and mist, but depending on if your girls are typically fair/pale, or dark/tanned, the colour choice might be changed.

I picked navy, because my girls wanted black, but I couldn't do it... so navy provided a bit of colour, that was still flattering for all of them.

I think teal or mist is great for July. Cobalt is pretty as well, but maybe quite dark for summer. I think the Sangria reminds me more of fall (It was my top colour when considering a Sept/Oct wedding).

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No theme. just want elegant and clean in terms of décor and invites etc. the most out there thing that I want is a sparkly head table cloth (and that isn't that out there). my thought was pick the girls dress color and then the rest of the colors fall into place
    whatever dress color we choose determines suit colors (so mist I would go with navy suits, the others would be grey suits...but not a dark grey).

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the mist dress colour, all the colours are nice though. Do you know if your having a theme colour for you wedding, that might help narrow down options.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yep! They're going to be wearing ice blue, capri, and steel blue (sorry, I was mistaken about the mist colour, but it's very similar to capri).

I have seven standing with me, so it'll be two in steel blue, two in capri, then three in ice blue, and myself in white!

The sangria is VERY pretty, but for some reason, those dark reds seem like winter colours to me.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm pretty open to the dress cut. my thought is to do same color/material/length. and they pick fit/cut of the dress.
    that's REALLY good to hear about the strapless/mist dress. my MOH wore the tank top/V-neck in navy for a wedding last year. and loved the dress too.
    thanks for the info! Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I very much like the tones of them. as they aren't just a normal blue or light blue.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you doing different colors for the girls?
    blue/greens are my fav color. that's why I love the mist. but the sangria just jumped out at me.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much! Smiley smile good ideas!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Smiley smile
    I had thought of that too. but I just personally don't feel it as much. i'm ok with same material, color but then different fits of dress.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I love the mist too. I find it unique. and there a few dresses in that similar style I like (straps, one arms etc)

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!
    I have no theme. hahahah I want elegant/clean looking if that makes sense. In terms of décor/invites etc.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yah. I was thinking that. and I want to see them in person myself and get color swatches. the only one I have is the mist.

Thanks Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are they? oohhhh. what other colors are doing at your wedding?
    ok. that is so good to know. we do have lots of time. My goal was to go bridesmaid dress shopping in November or January (wedding is end of July).

• Breanne
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls are wearing Cobalt! I had them each pick out their own different dress so they could be comfortable.

Side note with the Cobalt for David's Bridal - I found out from ordering that they don't actually stock the cobalt in the warehouse like they do every other colour, they legitimately have to make the cobalt dresses as the order comes in. I'm not sure why as it's a beautiful colour. But for this reason if you go with cobalt give yourself plenty of time for them to come in. We ordered the dresses in mid-March and we told to expect them beginning to mid July!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the cobalt and sangria. I think you would need to get all your girls to try the colours though.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The teal blue looks like it would be the most universally flattering colour Smiley smile But do what looks best with your ladies. Also consider your theme and how their dresses will dictate the look of the event.
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the mist dress, I was looking at the same dress for my bridal party! the colour you chose is absolutely stunning. I also love the teal colour!

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think Mist is great. Not to complicate choices but you can choose a few colours or shades depending how many bridesmaids you have.
  • L
    Newbie July 2019 Ontario
    Lifriya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mist is really nice
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would personally pick the teal just because it's a light colour that you can accent very easily with so many colours if you wanted to. I looked into teal dresses with some lovely lilac or sunflowers in the bouquets and they were so pretty!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They’re all beautiful maybe it would help to have the girls try them on? The first one is my fave out of the four.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm a little biased since my colours are blue and coral and my girls will be wearing mist (some of them, anyway). It's a bit more of a summer colour than the others, though they're all beautiful.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics