Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Are the guys renting or buying their attire?

Lynnie, on April 3, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 21

What are the groom and groomsmen doing?

Did they decide to buy or rent the wedding day attire?

Are the guys renting or buying their attire? 1

Photo by Anzhelika Gekkelman Photography in Vancouver

For more community conversations about the groomsmen, check out: Tuxes or suits? , What color suits? , and Groomsmen gift ideas!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on April 19, 2018 at 01:13
  • A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is small, just groom and best man on his side. I opted to buy the vest/tie combo. They are wearing with white shirts, blue jeans and cowboy boots. I found the vests with ties for $29 online!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Buying or using what they already had.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We don't have a bridal party, so my fiance is going to buy his suit. He has really long arms that don't fit normal sizes very well so he needs a custom fit Smiley smile plus he wants to wear it again lol
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and his groomsmen are buying. My fiancé got his suit for 530 dollars which was half off and was able to get the same discount saved for his groomsmen! Their suits are only 230!
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unless it’s cost effective to buy, they will be renting. None of them wear suits enough to make buying worth it.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Renting! We didn't want to make the guys buy suits when half of them already has one or is still growing, etc.
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Renting, then everyone will have the fulls suits, all ready in one spot!

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They are planning to rent their suits that way it is all similar.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH has his formal, ceremonial uniform. i think his guys are buying
  • Fiorina
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Fiorina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine are renting. It turned out to be cheaper and they'll have everything including jacket, vest, shirt, tie, pants, shoes, socks and lapel clip.
    We went to Moore's
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think renting but all depends if everyone has a suit or not
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most likely renting but it is up to them. My fiancé is actually in charge of choosing their attire!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They’re renting for the most part. Since our wedding is on the farm we didn’t want them in full suits so they’re just renting the shirts, vests and ties and buying jeans. The groom is renting the same things plus a jacket.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The guys are buying their attire. Moore's gave us a good deal on custom outfits. It costs less for them to do this than to rent, and they get to keep everything!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most-likely going to be renting.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Buying! We are just going with grey dress pants and white shirt with suspenders and a bow tie for all the groomsmen and a vest on top for the groom.

We were lucky to hit Moores on a sale day and got everything for quite a reasonable price! I think it was under $800 for all the groomsmen and groom attire.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As of right now I want my fiance to buy a new solid black suit! He is slim so I really want to make sure he is in something tailored and fitted and A++++!!!

The groomsmen I am not sure yet! I do what them all to match but I will guess it'll depend if they'd want to buy or rent! I'm good with either for them!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Renting to my understanding.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our boys have bought. They all got custom made dark grey suits. They're pretty snazzy.

We paid for pocket squares and ties that they'll get to keep .

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most of the groomsmen will probably buy, they like suits but one for sure will probably rent to save money plus he doesn't wear suits ever. I'm a bit concerned of this one groomsmen in particular, once we pick the suits and they need to buy, alter rent etc I know whatever the price is his girlfriend will complain and pretty much talk him out of it. She's very controlling of him, she's already told me he won't be traveling for anything to do with the wedding including bachelor party. So I'm hoping she will either loosen up for this or he will stand up for himself. Would have to see him drop out of being a groomsmen over the suit.. that's why my fiance will be looking for something affordable for them but not cheap looking and the possibility of renting for them.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My groom is doing a custom tuxedo. It's our treat for him to feel just as fabulous as me on our big day.

The guys will be renting, all black suits with silver accents. Sleek and formal.

My groom is going to do a dark navy blue tuxedo with black lapels. White dress shirt for the ceremony/speeches/dances, black dress shirt without the jacket for the party!

We joke he's more high maintenance than me... haha.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics