Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Am i an eager bride.

Carine, on May 2, 2022 at 14:22

Posted in Plan a wedding 83

I've been dreaming about this day since I was a child, what little girl hasn't? After a lot of breakups and thinking my prince will never come, he finally showed up! 16 months until the date and I feel like I'm over planning before the big day. With covid and back logs on weddings I feel like I'm on...

I've been dreaming about this day since I was a child, what little girl hasn't? After a lot of breakups and thinking my prince will never come, he finally showed up!

16 months until the date and I feel like I'm over planning before the big day. With covid and back logs on weddings I feel like I'm on schedule, but everyone else and the books are telling me you have a lot time, what's your rush? In the back of my mind, it's better to have everything in order so when the day comes I can be relaxed and not stressed over the last minute details because it's all done and booked.

Anyone else like me, or am I the only one?

83 Comments

• Stephanie
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm eager too, getting married in 2024, and I'm already contacting venues etc... Enjoy planning!!!!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My friends and soon to be in-laws are like relax you have almost two years, in my head it's 2022 and we are getting married 2023 but it's 16 months and 2023 is already booking fast. I don't want to wait last minute and miss out on deals or great vendors because I waited for the average timing to plan a wedding. So relived that I am not the only feeling this way.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes especially make up and hair!!! I totally forgot about that ! I swear I went through about 25-30 inquiries trying to find someone within my budget and finding someone not booked!!!
    Definitely knock that off early so you don’t have to worry about jt later!
    It’s funny because my fiancé thought I was nuts this entire process planning so early but now he’s glad I did it so we can relax!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I heard too dresses and suits were held back months. But even makeup artist and hairstylist are already booking for 2023. I’m like you, rather have everything don’t so I can just worry about easy small changes.
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To add, I don’t think your over eager ! I think it’s good to get organized and that will cause you and your fiancé less stress later!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got engaged in august of 202 and started planning in February and my wedding is this September! although I’m glad I started early because I don’t have much to do now. Some of my vision did end up changing like decor wise. But all my vendors I booked I’m so glad I did that and it’s over with! Same with all the wedding attire for all of us I’m glad we did it early because I’ve heard of suits being delayed and such because of Covid
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I can imagine, you got this! 39 days you are almost there and it will all be worth it.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have 39 days to worry about weight 😅 I'll be so glad when this is over! Four or five years of planning is taking its toll
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, good thing for contracts, my friend same she had to push hers back two years.

I am booking hair and makeup now. lol. I am hoping to be done everything by end of August so I can relax and worry about weight loss the rest of the year. lol

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well I had my venue, MUA and hair, photographer and DJ booked two years before so I don't think you're getting too far ahead of yourself.... My planning started before covid as well 🤣. I have 2018 prices locked in still so it all worked out for me......
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My soon to be mother in law has a friend who speaks to the weather gods so I am hoping she can come through, but our venue has a weather back up.

• Lindsay
    Frequent user June 2023 British Columbia
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yikes yeah fall weathers suck sometimes in October
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Trust me we would be twins if I had my way, Future hubby wants the wedding in the fall so he doesn't sweat like a pig, meanwhile I'll have to freeze. Hoping for a decent 20 degrees with sun to satisfy both our weather needs.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you for this, it's crazy, my friend is finally getting married after pushing it for the third time.

Just happy to know I am not alone and I find 16 months not too advanced since time seems to fly.

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Also I have my wedding in June 25th 2023! Smiley smile we are basically buddies
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Carnie and welcome!

Normally I think that would be early but given the amount of brides rescheduling for this year and next from the pandemic, its defineitly worth being a head of the game. I found even for myself, trying to book within a year of engagement, I struggled to lock down a few vendors.

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No worries! It’s an exciting time to be planning a wedding! It’s also been my dream to do so since I was a kid!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is great to hear. People were starting to look at me strange. The fact that I couldn't book my venue the date I wanted, I started to panic. Just glad I found them they do everything, I just need to focus on the wedding party, the groom and I and any small details.

Thank you for the reassurance. Smiley laugh

• Lindsay
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey I’m a year away and I already got 99% of my planning done and booked so your definitely not the only one

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics