Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Am i an eager bride.

Carine, on May 2, 2022 at 14:22

Posted in Plan a wedding 83

I've been dreaming about this day since I was a child, what little girl hasn't? After a lot of breakups and thinking my prince will never come, he finally showed up! 16 months until the date and I feel like I'm over planning before the big day. With covid and back logs on weddings I feel like I'm on...

I've been dreaming about this day since I was a child, what little girl hasn't? After a lot of breakups and thinking my prince will never come, he finally showed up!

16 months until the date and I feel like I'm over planning before the big day. With covid and back logs on weddings I feel like I'm on schedule, but everyone else and the books are telling me you have a lot time, what's your rush? In the back of my mind, it's better to have everything in order so when the day comes I can be relaxed and not stressed over the last minute details because it's all done and booked.

Anyone else like me, or am I the only one?

83 Comments

• Sarah
    Curious May 2023 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is in May 2023 and we're also moving quickly in order to get things booked and organized.
    Crazy thing is: even though I'm over a year in advance, I have some vendors telling me that I'm actually LATE in booking certain things!! There seems to be such a demand for wedding services right now that I feel almost pressured to get things done fast!

• Amanda
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Carine!

I Am totally in the same boat as you...my wedding is September 2023 and people are thinking im crazy planning what i've done so far this far out, even my officiant made a comment when i asked about scripting options ' you have a long time, you are obviously over excited.." which kinda left a bad taste in my mouth and made me feel judged. i am just wanting to be organized and make sure the year of I'm almost ready to go. I think some people don't plan the way we do, or leave stuff to last minute. I don't think it's a bad thing, totally normal in my opinion!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So quick, and to think about it it's in 8 months.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like this site for that, Brides with experience can help out and help with do's and don't and share their experience.

Happy 7 months, that's so exciting. I can't wait for the big day, I know it's going to go by so fast.

• L
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Definitely! It’s never too early.
    2023 is booking quick!
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You’re welcome Carine!
    Oh yes, that’s a very great plan to help you be stress-free. That’s a very great idea.

Thank you. 🙏🏾💐 I’m almost 7 months married and free of the planning stress. 😂 But I like assisting with planning. Hehe.
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Tunisha! Agreed I can't wait to marry my best friend and starting our family.

my weekends are my breaks, and I allow my self 2 hours of planning a day and then break. Next year will be focusing on the little details since pretty much the big stressful stuff is done.

Congratulations on your engagement and wedding wish you all the best.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Carine,
    It’s understandable with the stress, pressure of Covid situation and all the planning to feel the way you do. I think just go back to realizing that it’s about time that you’ll get married to the love of your life!

Make sure to take a break for yourself in self-care as well to ease your brain from all the stress. You got this! Wishing you all the best in your planning! 🙏🏾💐
  • Nicole
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think you’re too eager at all!! I’m much the same as you. Engaged January 2022, and we will be getting married July 7 2023. I started contacting venues about a week after getting engaged and by Feb had one booked! Like you said, 2023 dates were already being snatched up so I’m glad we looked early otherwise I wouldn’t have gotten our top choice for venue. For simplicity sake we really wanted one that was all-inclusive with food/bar and decor. After seeing how booked up the venues were I was quick to book our photographer, officiant and florist. Now just doing some consultations with hair and makeup places before securing that too. I feel like by the end of this month I’ll have all the big things planned with just the details left to do as we get closer! I’m happy to do it this way even if people think it’s “too much planning too soon” than being stressed out next year!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's where I am falling in now, is the second and third choices. so I am glad to get the ball rolling 16 months is not enough time especially after 2 years of canceled weddings.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, makes me feel better, I shouldn't let friends and family discourage me. I am glad to have things ready and booked because that is my issue, dates are booked and now I have to choose someone different for Photos, DJ because everyone is already booked for 2023.

• L
    Beginner September 2023 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think you’re eager at all!
    My fiancé and I got engaged January 30,2022 and have pretty much everything booked as of now.
    We’re getting married September 2023.Most of our vendors said they were already getting very booked even 18 months in advance!
  • B
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Myself and FH got engaged April 5, 2021 and are getting married June 3, 2023. I have been planning since day 1. We booked our venue may of 2021 and she was already booking into 2023. I have also booked a dj, hair, makeup, officiant, photographer. A couple makeup artists were already booked for the season when I contacted them a couple months ago. I rather pre-plan then not get what I am looking for and have to settle.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think you are right on schedule, getting the big stuff out of the way first such as the venue, minister and DJ since you can have a wedding without them ...

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is why thought book book book. Even the deals seem better, I booked a photographer $1500 for 5 hours and his work is amazing. The venue does it all for a price so I just meet closer to the date to plan colors and I pay for the entire thing 1 week before the wedding, so there's no chasing and she includes the tip in the price. I really only need to worry about dress, music list and who I want to stand beside me. I am ahead of the game, at first I was stressing as things were already booked or crazy expensive and then everything so fell into place.

Just didn't like my friends and family telling me I am ahead of my self to relax it doesn't need to be all done now.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We started booking vendors two years in advance.

Now that restrictions have been lifting, vendors are booking up quickly for 2023 and 2024. Many are looking to recoup some of the money they lost over the last two years, I would much rather book early to pay less and have less stress when the date is much closer....

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I highly doubt as well, I think everyone is just so done with it.

It will be an amazing day for both of us. Can't wait Smiley laugh

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I highly doubt there will be another shut down. But it's already good to getting vendors organized and signed for your date early to make sure you get the right one your really like and not having to run around and find one last minute!

The wedding is going ahead as planned this summer theres no more restrictions so we're good!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's coming soon congratulations and it will be worth the wait. Stress free weddings seem to be the new thing. Glad I am not the only one who plans a head and I am not a crazy bride.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I was thinking too, what if there's another shut down, I want to be prepared and have things ready and booked that way the last year of my engagement it's relaxing and stress free.

Hoping you finally get your amazing day soon, hasn't been easy for the back log in brides.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, you as well Smiley smile

• Rebecca
    Curious June 2022 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I decided on our wedding date in april 2021. I started bookign everything. Come december 2021. Everything was done. Im getting married June 4th 2022. So i had 6 months, to breath and relax.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think you are! My fiance and started planning and booking vendors over 2 years before our original wedding date

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that all sounds so perfect!!!
    It will be beautiful 🥰🥰 Congratulations and happy planning!! 👰🏼‍♀️🤍
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are doing it At The School House in Munster On, near Ottawa, she does it all, catering, flowers, decorations, officiant and cake all included in the 1 price. She caters to all wedding budgets which is great.

That's awesome! We originally wanted October 14th but September 30th was all she had left for 2023Smiley sad but September works, both my parents have their birthdays in September so why not my anniversary. Smiley laugh

• Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely!!! And such diversity too. Love it too
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes absolutely haha!! Got to get that beauty rest !!! No pimples welcome here lol

Yes exactly!! It just makes sense now to plan way ahead! Btw I just realized we have the same wedding days!!! Have you guys decided on a venue!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My pleasure any time we brides have to help and support other brides.

Love this site for this.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No rambling, I get it, and I can't agree with you more. I see people plan and get into arguments because of the stress, it's not healthy. I do not want to be stressed near our wedding, I want to be able to enjoy myself. Besides stress pimples before your big day, not happening to us Smiley laugh.

Nothing wrong with having everything set in place months in advance, besides Thanks Covid for ruining weddings and making it harder for us to pick a sooner date Smiley tongue. I feel more at ease having everything done now than when we hit the 12 months marks and I have to settle with vendors because I waited too long.

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that’s another thing because of the wedding boom from people canceling I’m Covid everythinnnnnnng is booked!! 2022 is literally going down in the most wedding since the 1970s so when anyone tried to tell that I would say this isn’t regular planning, this is Covid planning you have to be on it! In my opinion of course haha
    Even with my venue I booked in March of 2021!! And we went back and forth trying to find a date and I could only get the last Friday of September (I really wanted a September wedding) but even then we have to clean up at 2 am because there’s a wedding the next day!
    Definitely do what you feel as best throughout this whole process! In the end it comes down to you and your finance’s day and your guys’s stress levels at the end! And obviously you just want to be able to enjoy your last few months engaged and have a stress free wedding day! That was one of my main concerns is I want my fiancé and I to just be able to enjoy our day! So I hired all the vendors I could within my tight budget even so that we could relax!! Your fiancé will be thanking you in the end 😉
    I’m rambling now lol sorry!! I’m passionate about wedding planning 😬😂
  • Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Carine!!!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I highly recommend it 2023 is already booking fast so you are not far behind.

You as well Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics