Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Am i an eager bride.

Carine, on May 2, 2022 at 14:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 83

I've been dreaming about this day since I was a child, what little girl hasn't? After a lot of breakups and thinking my prince will never come, he finally showed up!

16 months until the date and I feel like I'm over planning before the big day. With covid and back logs on weddings I feel like I'm on schedule, but everyone else and the books are telling me you have a lot time, what's your rush? In the back of my mind, it's better to have everything in order so when the day comes I can be relaxed and not stressed over the last minute details because it's all done and booked.

Anyone else like me, or am I the only one?

83 Comments

Latest activity by Carine, on May 17, 2022 at 13:59
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smart because I had to change dates or look for someone else who was available and nothing worse than not trusting someone, had to make exceptions, so you did great by planning ahead like that.

That's what we were thinking and hoping that 2023 will be almost back to normal, but we got engaged this year so I am feeling the pressure and the backlog from 2020 and 2021 weddings.

• Lisa
    Curious June 2023 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely wanted to get ahead of the curve when it came to postponed Covid weddings. Planning in advance ensures I secure my spot with vendors. I also purposely planned 2 years out as half my guest list will be coming from out of province, so 2023 allowed me to be confident that travel would be reopened, and also allow my out of province guests to plan and save accordingly.

I have no idea how last-minute brides to it, either. A friend of mine planned her wedding in 3 months. It was very small (12 people total), but was also a destination wedding at a hotel she had never visited in BC.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are more advanced compared to me, but that is awesome now you can relax and breath.

I took an easier route I booked a venue that did it all, decor, catering, officiant, bouquets they do but I got someone to do silk flowers as they do real flowers, theirs I will use as my toss bouquet, weather back up plan, take down prep. I could have them do a day-of coordinating but since I only have two brides maid I asked my friend to be that person and her husband the MC. Hair is booked, photographer is booked, nails booked, dress shopping in August booked, cake on standby (friend), shoes I'm using a pair I already own because I've never worn them and they are so pretty.

Exactly now to save the $$$. I feel like I am behind for the dress though. fingers crossed.

I agree nothing wrong with planning ahead, not sure how these last minute brides do it?

• Lisa
    Curious June 2023 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I started planning 24 months out. Most vendors are relieved that I’m planning so far out.

We’re getting married June 2023 and we have:• Photographer (friend) - booked June 2021• Venue - booked October 2021• DJ/Photo booth - booked January 2022• Officiant (friend) - booked March 2022• Dress - bought May 2022• Shoes - should arrive this week

My hair and nail girls are on notice, my bridesmaids are selected, centerpieces are planned, decor purchases, save the dates designed and will be printed/mailed out June 2022, florals are planned, entertainment is planned, catering/bar comes with the venue, “cake” is planned, I’ve been looking at bridal jewelry, I’m flip flopping on a day-of coordinator and am researching set up/tear down….I think I’ve got most things covered. Now it’s just all saving $$$.
    Nothing wrong with being planned and prepared!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations! I am all done planning and now I just have to shop for the dress. Since my venue does pretty much everything she will be setting me up with her vendors closer to the date, so now I just need to pick the walk down the aisle song, first dance and buy my dress.

Trying to convince my MOH to help with the wedding shower but she's a tough one to crack.

I feel a lot better knowing that I am done that next summer is just getting teeth whiten, final dress fitting, tanning or spray, mani and pedi. so now I wait. Thank you for the support.

Wish you all the best on your big day.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Of course, anytime Carine.
    Anytime you need a breather or have a question, you’re welcome to ask anything! 🙏🏾😁💕
  • G
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Giuseppina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI!!

My Fiancé and I are getting married this October and are having a 2 year engagement. We got engaged in October 2020, and I had all my vendors booked by March 2021. Personally, it has relieved SO MUCH STRESS for me with respect to the planning process. So I say- GO AHEAD AND PLAN AHEAD OF TIMESmiley smile!!! You will love yourself for it after you realize closer to your wedding day, that you don't have as much to do, other than the little things!

Happy wedding planning!!

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was a little to eager that I have everything done, I just have to meet with everyone closer to the date. I am also glad unbelievable how many things are booked already. Just happy I can relax.

Looks like you are getting married the same year and month. Congratulations!

• Bernadeth
    Newbie September 2023 British Columbia
    Bernadeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Being eager isn’t bad thing tho! It’s just being proactive!!! I’m super excited for you tho! You got this!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks to this Website I can see that now.

• Bernadeth
    Newbie September 2023 British Columbia
    Bernadeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel you 100% it’s not just you!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

She wants to be excited but at this point she wants it done and over with before something else happens.

I'm excited for her and try to rub my energy on her. Reminding her it's finally going to happen.

• Sarah
    Curious May 2023 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow, it sucks that she’s had so much trouble with her wedding plans during the pandemic. It’s been so crazy all the chaos that it’s brought.

I’m glad to hear that she’s finally getting married soon, she must be really excited after such a long wait 😄

• Amanda
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've secured one!! thank goodness!! One more thing off and done! Thats great, you definitely have to be in love with it, we ended up moving ours up 1 week to secure our #1 pick venue to, so great for your guys!!

You gotta do what makes you happy no one else matters Smiley smile

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My friend had to postpone hers twice, once in 2020 and once in 2021, she is getting married in 40 days so I am excited to see her finally tie the knot. I feel so bad for those brides not an easy thing and cost a lot of money.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh Jesus that's not great. Are you in any wedding facebook groups? If you put a message up people will reach out to you. I am very happy with the venue I chose, they didn't have our date so I took the next available thing.

• Sarah
    Curious May 2023 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that the fact that a lot of weddings got postponed in the last two years because of COVID is definitely a factor right now.

But yes, I would definitely agree to saying that we’re just smart brides who plan ahead 😁😉

• Amanda
    Curious September 2023 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am trying to now find another officiant available, but tons are booked LOL. Its frustrating, i agree 100% the only people that matter are you, and your fiance and as long as you're happy enjoying the planning that's all that matters Smiley smile

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for your advice and for reaching out, it's greatly appreciated.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my the countdown is on for you so exciting!

Great minds think a like, that is actually what we have, we have a wooden crate that goes with the theme of the wedding and all the little gifts we got or things we are buying for the wedding is in that box, also the crate makes it easy to carry around, I have my wedding planner that has my contracts and everything I need to hand off to the wedding planner so my family and and I are not bothered with stuff like that.

Congratulations I am wish you gorgeous weather for your big day and nothing but the best time of your life.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My MIL is now on my side and can see the back log with Covid delays some people are just like elope and I got to a point where if anyone says something negative I respond good thing you aren't invited and they apologies quickly. But things are moving along as planned and I'll have two summers to enjoy before the big day. Things are crazy booking up fast you have to move on it.

Good Luck on the big day it will all be worth it.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, or you'll have no choice but to settle, at this moment I am to the point that whatever hair stylist is available to do my hair I am taking it.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here I am feeling like I am over planning and booking but feel so far behind with all my dead ends. Main thing my event is booked. I'm just missing hair and that looks like an issue at the moment. Everyone that had been referred to me are already booked.

I'm seeing my hairstylist and I will try to convince her to do my hair and 3 others. I really only trust her, but she doesn't do up do's .

Thank you for reaching out and Congratulations

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love India weddings the dresses are so beautiful and the jewelry, the thought and the process that goes into an Indian wedding I am always in Awe. Never been to one but I've see pictures and of my acquaintances and just so beautiful. After getting engaged and the stress of just planning one I am not sure how you do it but I just see how worth it all is.

I wish you all the best and thank you for messaging me.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

YESSS thank youuuu. Exactly what I am being told, these book planners need to change their time lines, not sure if it's the divorce rate during Covid that made everyone get engaged but like so many things are booked now that I feel that I need to just settle with my first option.

So I am not an eager bride, we are smart brides for planning ahead even now I feel like I am behind.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow switch Officiants, what I have learnt about being prepared is that even though we are getting married in 2023 things are booking fast, for example hair stylist for the wedding, every recommendations that were thrown at me booked. So everyone needs to let us be and have thing done already. because if we are 16 months ahead and everything is tight for booking makes me think we are the smart ones.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohhhh yes. I agree with you, it’s really nice!

Thank you so much! 🙏🏾🥰 Oh yes, very exciting!! For sure it will go by so fast and you’ll be like “wait. That’s it?” Haha. But it’ll be amazing!!!
    Wishing you all the best in your planning and day!
  • Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I totally understand what you’re going through. I’m now in the final stages of planning (just under 2 weeks 😬) but I also did a lot of early planning. It does release a lot of the stress, but also make sure you don’t burn yourself out. Something I’d also suggest to do if you can afford it is doing a bridal box. I know it seems silly, but having the monthly gift to open leading up until my wedding was a fun treat that felt just for me (will I/did I use everything from the box… no… but did I love opening it… HELL YEAH)
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sorry to hear that was said!! You should be excited!!! You are engaged!!! You are planning your wedding!!! These are big life moments!! I feel like people put judgements on brides for being excited or being sure about what they want in terms of planning and all the details! This is once in a lifetime experience!
    Also when anyone said something to me about being too eager to plan. I would say ya but at least I won’t be stressed 2-3 months before my wedding 🤷🏼‍♀️
    I’m 4 months away and I started planning February 2020 I’m so happy I did! I’m done everything and I get to enjoy my summer!!
  • N
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Nina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im in your position too! Better to book things and reserve so you secure your favourite vendor
  • Brae
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Brae ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hear you! We got engaged in 2018 and I started planning right away! But with the pandemic I couldn’t plan for the actual venue or anything and I definitely overplanned. But when I could finally plan for real with the date picked and the venue booked it was much easier to pair down what had planned to fit the venue. And now that the planning is all done, I kinda miss it. So here I am, still overplanning and having a ball. Enjoy it!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Planning the wedding and having everything done and confirmed is what we want to feel as the amazing result. You are eager yet excited to have the day come for celebrating your new chapter in life as a married couple.

I come from an Indian society where we have 3 to 4 pre events before the wedding itself during the week and have to make sure everything is confirmed and not to forget about the outfits for each of them too. Expensive yet fun since the whole family has to look good as the bride and groom are the ones to get married.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics