Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kimberly
Curious September 2023 British Columbia

Advice needed - venue booking

Kimberly, on February 9, 2020 at 12:13 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Good morning my fellow WW ladies. I am looking for advice. My FH and I are going to look at our first wedding venue today. EEEK. I was just wondering what are some questions we need to ask. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

8 Comments

Latest activity by Heidi, on February 11, 2020 at 15:49
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So, how did it go?
  • Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the advice. These are all great questions to ask.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah ask if there is any soho or socan fees for a dj to plug into their sound system. also ask if there are any vendors you HAVE to book with (we're stuck booking with a crappy audio company because the venue has a contract with them - and theyre horrible and STUPID expensive for nothing). ask if you have a day of person who will be assisting you . ask if any decor is included, apps, drinks, what kinda food, how many courses etc. dont forget clean up fees. also ask if you can bring ur decor and cake and stuff the day before ur wedding

• Kimberly
    Kimberly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow. That is a very good list of questions. Thank you
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cost timeline, preffered vendors, additional fees ( cleannimg, set up, take down), how far in advance can you go in to do stuff if needed
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Many questions are important to ask.
    Some major ones that come to mind are

What is the cost of open bar vs. Cash bar?Is alcohol allowed from from outside and corkage fee applies to wine bottles being open?Meals being plated service vs. Buffet style cost per person and what would be included in it? Extra cost if you decide to have a carving station? Do they affelaiate with vendors to get discounts for decor and linens/backdrop?Are tables included or extra costs for gift/cake/head tables?
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here is a link to a recent discussion we had about this. Tori lists a bunch of really helpful ideas!

https://community.weddingwire.ca/forums/booking-a-venue--t38648
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ask if linens, cutlery, etc are included in your cost. Can you store anything needed for the venue the day before/what time do you get access to the venue? Can you take down the next day? Good luck and have fun!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics