Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Would you rather... plan your wedding in two months or two years?

Lynnie, on October 29, 2018 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 34

Final question time!! Would you rather have only two months to plan your wedding but be married soon, or have two years to plan with no way to speed it up?

Would you rather... plan your wedding in two months or two years?

Thanks for playing Would you rather? Round three!! Make sure you didn't miss our other October games: Reception Ready , Most likely to... (and part 2 ), and How far i'll go! Smiley star

34 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on December 10, 2018 at 10:38
  • Samantha
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had it mostly done in two months and that wasn’t even trying. I’d go 2 months any time. 0 time to stress
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 months, the only reason we didn't plan a close wedding was so guests had time to figure things out.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 years. I already took 13 months. And I know when I got engaged I thought, it has to be next winter because next Summer is too far away... but I'm over 2 months away from the big day (78 days) and I'm already stressing about getting everything done.

Plus I ordered my dress, and I adore it, and even coming in months early it took 3 months to arrive!

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Two months! Two years without being able to speed up doesn’t sound appealing, and chances are the money would be allocated better the less time I had to think about it because I wouldn’t focus on trivial details (and my fiancé and I’s guest list would probably be even smaller!)
  • J
    Newbie June 2019 Greater London
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 months, I agree with those who said that they change their opinions too often to plan for such a large amount of time Smiley tongue

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a two year engagement and it has been such a blessing. We booked all our vendors ASAP and have been messaging them and meeting with them for months now.
    we are currently just over 6 months away and all our vendor packages are formed up, paid for, and organized. We have 90% of things done and/or planned and we are just breezing through the rest of the stuff because we have no time crunch. 10/10 recommend a longer engagement if you want a medium-large wedding (ours is 115-120 people)
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2 years and save the money over to pay within the time frame and get all vendors confirmed for avaialablility.
  • Stefanie
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely would rather have 2 years so that I could book all of the vendors that I really wanted to make the wedding beautiful

• Gabrielle
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Gabrielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2 months. I keep changing my mind on everything because i planned too ahead of time.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I had a bottomless budget, 2 months. If not, 2 years (hence the reason why FH and I are having a nearly 2 year engagement lol).

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I’d rather 2 months. Less time = less options and quicker decisions, and less stress and then boom! Married!
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Started planning our Wedding In Mid June of this year. I think it's up to every individual how fast or slow they wanna get married, myself the longer it takes the more I get done, now the real question here is that, I was married before, so I know of all that needs to be done. I'm excited about everything that has been done, I'm only now getting help from everyone that's in my party. Mostly having problems with the girls dresses. Being July I thought to the knee, it seems that their all wanting long. I mentioned to all that as long as their Blue that's great. Because I myself will be probably, no I know I'll be sweating.Smiley gift

• Dar
    Frequent user December 2018
    Dar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m currently in the middle of planning a wedding with 2 months notice. We are doing a Vegas wedding with a package so not relying on many different vendors and fewer than 10 guests attending. The thought of some people taking a year or more honestly stresses me out. Desicions are being made quickly and I should have everything done with a month to spare so I can actually just enjoy the day. It’s also great for keeping other people’s opinions out of it and just doing what we want.
  • Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 years for a few reasons.

1) everything tends to book a year in advance

2) more time to pay things off

3) if you have a certain vision you don't want to just settle for who is available, you want your first or second choice!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree!!!! if money wasn't the object. definitely 2 months. we are only 1.5 years due to pay things off slowly.

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely 2 years! I would be so stressed out if I had to plan it on two years. I’m the worst at making decisions on the spot.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Two years, definitely! More time to plan, more time to save.
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2 years... it's been 3 years but I think I could do it in 2 lol
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing it in 2 years! Got engaged May 2nd, 2018 and will be getting married June 6th, 2020!
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh my.. definitely 2 years please!! 2 months would be way too stressful. Full on bridezilla mode, no lie!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Two months. I pretty much knew what I wanted so even 9 months seemed a little long.

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 years. I am having only a 10 month engagement and the stress as it is is killing me!! COULD NOT IMAGINE 2 MONTHS

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2 years that way you can save.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    2 years! I dont like rushing and stress...
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I financially could do it, and I had my choice of vendors I’d do it in two months. I like getting things done. But realistically my fiancé and I need the two years between when we got engaged and when we got married.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Two years! Lol I've needed the four years we have. I can't imagine it in 2 months!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Two years, since that's what we are doing anyways! I cannot imagine only 2 months.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to go the total opposite here and say 2 months.. less time to second guess myself! I’m good at thinking quick on my feet and I wouldn’t have time to stress over silly little details that no one will care about. We have planned our wedding in a year (and changed plans completely 9 months in. Now with 6 months to go, I’m ready to just be married already
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 years! I hate feeling stressed and rushed!

By the time we get married we will have been planning for almost 2 years, and I would not change that at all. It has given us time to enjoy the engagement, and slowly book vendors as we go.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Two years! Which is what we have been doing! And since we have been doing it I know for sure I'd never want to do that in 2 months. Plus we are in no rush, we will love each other in two months and two years!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Two years! Though it currently feels like I'm slowly ripping a band-aid off right now.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2 Years. Definitely two years. I will have been engaged for a total of 1 year and 9 months and let me tell you - you don't need that much time for planning but it sure helps. Plus we wouldn't have been able to have a wedding social, or even have our custom rings ready!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics