Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Would you rather... invite all of your co-workers, or all of your parents' friends?

Lynnie, on October 29, 2018 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24

Let’s be honest, not everyone on your guest list is a must-have attendee for your wedding! Your mother’s old college roommate and your supervisor at work may not be at the top of your A list! Smiley laugh But, if you had to choose...

Would you rather... invite all of your co-workers, or all of your parents' friends?

Next question: Would you rather... get married on a Thursday or a Sunday?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Samantha, on December 10, 2018 at 10:31
  • Samantha
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Co workers order parental friends
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Co-workers, most of them would be a blast!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents friends!!! OMG my mom and stepdad's friends are a hoot. They'd party harder than the 25 year olds.

My FH's parent's friends are already on the guest list... so I'm already leaning that way.

I also work with several family members, so SOME of my coworkers are invited... but I'd never invite 75% of them...

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of my co-workers as there aren’t many of us in the office. I see and interact with them daily whereas I haven’t seen most of my parents’s friends since I was a child.
  • J
    Newbie June 2019 Greater London
    Jade ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well It seems to me that I am not a very friendly person ... But nobody from that list. Only parents and close friends.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of the coworkers for sure! Some of the parents friends can get a little carried away with drinking and since we are having an open bar we would be afraid to see that play out. Also my coworkers are great and most of them are already invited lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of our co workers over parents friends as people your more comfortable around and work with celebrate you.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Invite all of my coworkers. I honestly wish I could invite more of them but it's not really in the budget.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was a tough one but I’d rather invite all of my coworkers.

As it stands none of my coworkers are getting invites bc we’re having a cross country destination wedding during our busy season at work. I’ll be able to take time off but there’s no way we all would be allowed to.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm fortunate that we didn't have to make this decision. I work with 3 people. so they are all getting invites (my one coworker is in our wedding party. along with his wife). FH's dad asked that just his best friend be invited, but we are inviting 4 of his friends that we have relationships with. and FH's mom we are inviting 4 or 5 friends.

and well. my parents have passed. so no friends to invite.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Coworkers! We’re all very close at my work, and they’re all super fun!
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of my parents friends! Coworkers aren’t my fave people.. love hate relationship haha
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All my parents friends for sure! They know how to party... plus I'm a sahm so I'm already inviting my coworkers (kids) haha
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Parents friends! Which I did. I grew up with them so they are like parents to me, and their children are like my siblings!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All my co-workers. I am actually not inviting any of my coworkers but I am honestly sad about it and wish I could!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Parents friends! A lot of them have kids who I am very close with so they would be invited regardless! I'm closer to my parents friends than any of my coworkers
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My co-workers, only because they are all invited (small office of 3 people for the win lol)!

My parents have some of their friends on the B list already lol

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents friends. I am only a fan of maybe 2/3 people that I work with and wouldn't want anyone else coming.

My parents friends are pretty cool, so I would not mind them coming to my wedding

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do-workers. I work alone but FH has a bunch of co-workers coming. I’m friends with the wives so it worked out great
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably all my parents friends. Some of them almost made the list anyway, but were cut for budget reasons so if we could invite them we would!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd invite my parents' friends. The current office morale is at an all-time low because of bad management. I don't want to incorporate that in to my wedding day lol.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd choose to invite my coworkers since I work in a very small office that only has two other people , so that's not a big addition to the guest list, and I get along good with them.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Boht of us decided not to invite coworkers. I invited my parents friends to my wedding, i have known them since i was a little girl and they are very representative of the cast of The Office lol.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lmao my parents friends - because they don't have any!! My Dad grew up on the farm and went to a small school so all of his friends were his cousins (which means that they will already be invited), and my mom just has a couple of friends that I could stick in the corner or something. The option of coworkers doesn't sound good to me as my workplace has 100 people that work here and I don't like at least 4 of them... they are on a list....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics