Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rnaomi
Newbie January 2019 Alberta

Winter Wedding Photographer

Rnaomi, on January 3, 2018 at 00:42 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 6

Hi Everyone! Im having a very difficult time finding a photographer for a reasonable price! We have found a couple we like but everything is priced around $4000. What were your experiences with finding a photographer and how much is an average cost?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated too, we are having a winter wedding and would love someone who is experienced at mountain weddings.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on January 3, 2018 at 14:25
  • Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Karyn Lee Photography is based out of high river but she’s awesome and she does mountain weddings I believe. I’ve attached a couple photos from our engagement session so you can see her style a little bit. She is very talented, super qualified and does this for a living which makes a huge difference. Her prices are all listed on her website. The package we went with is $2600 for her and a second shooter for 8 hours of coverage and you get a $500 print credit to put towards albums or whatever you’d like.

https://karynleeportrait.com/wedding-photography/

Good luck finding the right fit! Smiley smile

Winter Wedding Photographer 1

Winter Wedding Photographer 2
  • Rnaomi
    Rnaomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are meeting with the two photographers we really like to get an idea if we can maybe lower the cost by doing less hours. I really wish there was a discount since it’s in the off season!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are going with Photo Junkies, based out of Edmonton.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are paying 2700 for 8 hours and that's a very reasonable price. Can you maybe reduce the 12 hours a bit?
  • Rnaomi
    Rnaomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's what I keep reading everywhere! We are looking at two photographers and both are around $3750 for 12 hours coverage, that includes an engagement shoot as well. We wanted to spend no more than $2500-$3000.

We are going to meet with both and I'm going to look for some more that are less expensive. May I ask who you ended up going with?

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photography is expensive! I've heard "you get what you paid for". We are paying $3000 for 10 hours for a couple. We had looked at someone who was less expensive (under $2000 for the same amount of hours and still 2 photographers) but those pictures were not as striking or creative as the people we went with.

When I was looking, I started with the photographers that advertised on this site, and immediately fell in love with this couple's photos. After meeting them (and then others) I knew I wanted to hire them even if it was a bit more than we were wanting to spend originally.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics