Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Why we are a community

Emilie, on February 20, 2017 at 06:51

Posted in WeddingWire 37

Morning wonderful brides-to-be! I hope you had an amazing weekend! I wanted to explain something about our community and my role in it so that we all on the same page and can all help each other in the best way that we can. As a wonderful and diverse community, we have to respect each other....

Morning wonderful brides-to-be!

I hope you had an amazing weekend! Smiley heart I wanted to explain something about our community and my role in it so that we all on the same page and can all help each other in the best way that we can.

As a wonderful and diverse community, we have to respect each other. We come in here with different beliefs, religions, background, budgets, cultures where things are all done differently. This is a place where we all meet and we don't have to agree with everyone, but all hear and respect each other's point of view or situation.

When we create a discussion in here, we all put a bit of ourselves out there. Our thoughts, our reflections, things that we are proud of... and maybe less proud of. But as a community, it's our role to support one another, see how we can make things better and bring constructive solutions so that everyone feels welcome and safely disclose what they are going through.

My role in the community is to make sure that everyone is respected, gets the help and attention they deserve and respect the community rules so we can all make our wedding a dream come true. To make the planning as joyful, helpful and loving experience. This is what I'm here for Smiley smile

Community love

I think it's important that we get to know each other and come here in peace with the idea that we're all here to help.

If you feel like there is harm, hate, or disrespectful content in the community, you can flag it by clicking the "dispute" button, so that it can be reviewed by the community administrators as soon as they can.

I hope we can all keep the peace in here and be here for each other.

Sending you lots of love as always Smiley heart

giphy.gif

37 Comments

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love this community but I do think it is important to not just blindly agree and support what may not be a great idea just because someone posted about it here. The community should be here to act as a sounding board and a voice of reason, when people around you keep saying, "it's your day, do what you like!" this community shouldn't be afraid to say... "well that's not really a great idea for these reasons..."

I would truly hope if I was making a wedding faux pas that someone (or many people) in here would would let me know!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Emilie,Thank you for posting this as I agree with this completely. This community is great and I have met and continue to meet new people on here. There a great support system and advice given and it's nice to have this. Smiley star
  • Stephanie
    Devoted June 2021 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great post Emilie. I personally feel more a part of this community than other boards I have been a part of!!! I love your test posts, everyone's ideas and reading everyone's excitement over things they have accomplished!!!! It's also helpful to read about concerns/questions as I may have the same ones.Thanks for being here 😁
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great post Emilie! I'm a firm believer of empowering one another. Even if that means providing a different outlook or opinion. I've received great advice that had me rethink certain things about my own wedding! Just yesterday Valerie gave me some great advice on a DIY project (which a novice at), and if I attempted it the way I was thinking in my head, it would have been an epic fail! Smiley smile. All us brides are here for the same reason, so we need to continually support eachother!
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you for the post, Emilie Smiley star I love being part of this community, it is an honour to be surrounded by so many amazing people! I hope everyone feels as supported as I do, and supports each other Smiley heart I hope you have a great week!Smiley tongue

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics