Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Who's Who? - Who is in your wedding party?

Joey, on July 30, 2018 at 09:16 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24

In the Who's Who? game we are getting to know a bit more about the most important people involved in your wedding Smiley heart

Who are the VIPs in your wedding party who will be standing up front with you and your spouse? Was it easy to choose who they would be?

Who's Who? - Who is in your wedding party? 1

Photo from WeddingWire's Instagram

>>Click here to go to the next question, Who is performing your ceremony?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on August 8, 2018 at 00:21
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My best friend since 5th grade is my maid of honor. Then 4 other good friends including my future sister in law! It was easy for me to pick as most of the girls have been in my life for years and I couldn’t imagine getting married without them standing there with me!
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My BFF of 12 years is my MOH. My bridesmaids are my cousin, my other BFF and two of my future sister-in-laws. My fiancés party is his brother-in-law as his Best Man, his two cousins, my brother, and two friends.

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are still deciding on the wedding party. I want either 4 or 6 members for each of our bridal parties, as even numbers look a lot better in photographs. We will definitely both be having our best friends as our special person !

• Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really really struggled with this & still do, I feel a lot of guilt for not asking my 2 close cousins however my bridal party is already 2 people larger than his.

My little sister & best friend are co maid of honours & then I have 2 cousins & my long time friend from school as bridesmaids.

He has his 2 brothers & my brother. His best friend unfortunately won't be able to make it to the wedding.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have my sister as MOH, a really close friend and my cousin who I lived with for a while and has always been like a big brother to me. My FH chose 2 of his best friends as his grooms-women.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Who isn’t? Haha he has a large group of close close friends.
    On his side there is the BM (his best friend since he was little) and six groomsmen (all close friends).
    On my side I have my MOH (my best friend) and six bridesmaids (my little sister, a very close friend, a friend of his, his two sisters, and his cousin).
    This was a hard choice for me - I don’t have a lot of friends. I have a few very close friends! Luckily he has a lot of family that made it easy to ask them!
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both my sisters, my cousin, his sister and his 2 best friends.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had three bridesmaids and a maid of honour. Picking all of them was a no-brainer as I couldn't IMAGINE being up there without them. My Maid of honour is my most recent friend, but more like a sister already. She is engaged my MY husband's best friend since childhood so we spent a lot of time together. My other girls I've been friends with for years and met them in various ways.

My husband has his brother (his bestman) and then his two best friends from childhood and his one best friend from college. That was a no-brainer too.

He had one other friend that he debated asking, but they haven't been as close lately.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a MOH (my sister), a best man (undecided), a flower girl (his 3 year old niece), and ring bearer (his 5 year old nephew).

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    5 and 5 and 2 ring bearers and 2 flower girls! My girls are all friends! 1 has been a friend since I was born so shes thr closest I have to a sister! I also have my FH's sister on my party too (we are also great friends which means a lot to me!) His side is mostly friends again and one cousin! I dont have any siblings so no one to put in on my side! Flower girls are nieces and ring bearers is my FHs godson and one of my bridesmaids son!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 3 girls, 3 guys, a flower girl and ring bearer. 2 of my girls are friends, and my MOH is my sister. My FHs best man is a friend, so is one of his groomsmen. And he asked his step-dad to be a groomsman as well. Our flower girl is our niece, and our ring bearer is one of my bridesmaids’ son
  • Nicole
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would have liked to have a smaller wedding party, but, my FH has 2 brothers (with SO) and a sister. And we HAD to have the same amount per.

His party is his 2 brothers, my brother, and his 2 childhood best friends. My wedding party is my sister in law (my brothers wife) My sister in law to be (FH sister) my Brother in laws to be SO's, and my best friend.

My MOH is my best friend, and his Best Man is his older brother. For me it was hard, because I have 2 bestfriends, and one wasn't able to be included.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me they are all my best friends, MOH and I have known each other for about 10 years we played softball together for years and also went to highschool together. Bridesmaids are my sister, another childhood friend and a former coworker who became one of my best friends.

For him, he has our mutual best friend and best man, he is the reason we met. Groomsmen are his brother, friend he has know since they were 2 or 3, friend from college and a friend from high school.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My 2 best girlfriends were my MOHs and my husband had 3 really close friends as GMs. They were all pretty easy choices.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend university is my MOH and my bridesmaids are my brothers fiance, a close friend from my summer job while in university and a friend from high school.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had my cousin (matron of honour), younger/full sister (MOH), FSIL (BM) and BFF (BM). Then my cousin and I had a falling out, so I asked my older/half sister to be a BM.

So it's sisters, and my life long best friend.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Best friend, sister, future sister in law, friend and new friend. it wasn't easy choosing and I wish I would have thought about it harder before choosing.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My side was pretty straight forward in choosing. I have two Co-MOH's who were my roommates in university, one bridesmaid who is my longest (lasting) friend whom I've known since 2nd grade, and my FSIL.

His side is his best woman who was his bestie in college. He asked her out once but she's a lesbian so we laugh about that now. My brother (his FBIL) is a groomsman and his childhood bestie is a groomsman as well. He took a little more time in choosing since his childhood friend is currently travelling the world but he said he'd be in Canada for the wedding.

His (and soon mine!) niece and nephew are our flower girl and ring bearer.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had three friends, he had two friends and his brother. We had three of our nephews and our niece involved as well!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have a wedding party! We've just asked our best friends to act as our witnesses.

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

MOH is my sister-in-law. I've known her since I was 15 and she was my rock throughout high school and my 20s. I never had a "real" sister so she's the closest I've got!

Best Man is one of FH's close friends he's known since high school.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One each MOH and BM (Best Man):

Husband side eas his boss and best friend

My side was husband's co-worker and my second family member
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Once I decided I wanted bridesmaids, it was incredibly easy to choose them. My sister was a given, and then there's my best friend who I see all the time and who's the person who has seen us as a couple the most.

My FH had a bit more trouble deciding, because he wanted his brothers, and he knew one of them cared less about this stuff, but he still couldn't imagine just asking his other brother. And he also considered asking his two best friends, but I thought four guys was a bit much. In the end, he just asked his brothers.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not easy to chose. Not at all. I never really had any girls that I was really close to... I have my sister Taylor as my MOH and then as my bridesmaids I have my one best friend Nicole, my friends Taylor, Brianna, and his my FH's cousin Crystal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics