Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Who's Who? - Who has been your biggest planning ally?

Joey, on July 30, 2018 at 09:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26

In the Who's Who? game we are getting to know a bit more about the most important people involved in your wedding Smiley heart

I can be you hero baaaaaaby.... When you think about who has come through for you the most and been your biggest planning ally during the whole planning process, who comes to mind?

Who's Who? - Who has been your biggest planning ally? 1

Photo by Dawne Photography in Chezzetcook NS

>>Click here to go to the next question, Who will walk with you down the aisle?

26 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on August 13, 2018 at 09:59
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé has been the most involved, and thus far we've planned majority of our wedding together without the help of family and friends.

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend/MOH. She got married two years ago and also attends way more weddings than I ever have. She's always given really good advice to FH and I. She's also made a point of finding out the vendors at other weddings she attended, taking photos, etc., and then relaying information to us.

• Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did most of the planning on my own. I really enjoy planning and organizing things so that was ideal for me. My FH, my mom, my FMIL and my bridesmaids were all there to help anytime I needed it though and that was greatly appreciated!
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé, my mom, my MOH and my bridesmaid Julia!

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad has been my biggest planning ally, he is so wonderful and wants to ensure that they wedding is really nice, and that I am happy Smiley smile

• Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mum! & my Luke for sure Smiley heart

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like I have done a lot on my own, my FH has been helpful whenever possible if he isn't sure he tells me to ask my mom lol. My mom is in another province though so she can only help me with so much and my FH is on a deployment. I have a local bridesmaid that helps with what she can as well.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pinterest! Haha I have to give credit where credit is due
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance is number 1 but even tied his mom has been an angel! So helpful but not over stepping. It's been so amazing!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My partner. He was there to listen to me about everything.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom for sure since I just talk it all out with her about once a week on our day off together.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This!! Haha. Our wedding wire group has helped on so many things!
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hmm... it’d proabably have to be my mom. My sister/MoH has helped when can, and I’ve asked my fsil a couple things. But it’s mostly just been FH and I.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I have been working as a team! So OUR biggest planning ally has been one of my bridesmaids, she's been awesome!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Biggest planning ally was my husband actually. Also my mum and assorted family members.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom, my bestie and my future sister in-law (my brothers fiance)!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My future sister in law. message her any time and she always has a answer. She got married few years ago and gave me her wedding binder! it helped so much, she also had great idea's and always tagging in me items for sale she thinks I would like. She attends every event with me and gives her honest opinon. I can count on here and shes always there

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha SAME! I come here to talk to you ladies, and any time I need inspiration I use Pinterest.

My FH is helpful if I ask his opinion, but he knows I'm too controlling, so he let's me have a wide range, haha. My mom's been really helpful/supportive too... but I'll see who really helps when the DIY projects start.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom, who lives where the wedding takes place! Without her, I would lose my mind on the daily! She sometimes gets pushy and opinionated about things but I (gently) remind her that it's my FH's and mine day and she backs off.

My FH is more laisser faire about the wedding but he is more in charge or major house renos in our home but we consult with each other before making big decisions and help each other out.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband was a big help! I had a few friends offer to help with things, but my husband and I did all the planning ourselves. We kept it pretty simple!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Pinterest and Wedding Wire Smiley xd

I was overwhelmed by the suggestions/opinions of our families and friends, which didn't quite fit what my FH and I want. So we've stopped talking about the wedding to them, and keep our sharing to a minimum.

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far, Google haha

We are 2.5 years out from ours and don't even need to have a decision made on where/when for like another year. So I haven't really needed anyone else's help yet and have just been doing as much initial research as I can into different options. We plan to do a destination wedding in either Maya Riviera or Guanacaste.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My husband only came through a little considering it was the choices of invites and mostly towards the end for the wedding bands and officiant. He was suppoosed to pay for the cake and that ended up on me with everything else i paid for a lot of.

My parents came through for me as they paid for my outfit and centerpeices/money rental.
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH worked together all the way. We got a bit of help for some things, but really, it's been mostly us.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For sure my FH. He helps keep me grounded and I love him for it! Smiley heart

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can think of 3 main people. My best friend has been super helpful. My MIL has contributed a lot too. And my fiancee has been the best support for planning

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics