giphy.gif

24 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on March 14, 2018 at 12:50
  • Sarah
    Curious October 2024 Saskatchewan
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He loves to cook! If I am cooking, he will often be in the kitchen right beside me. If I actually end up making something without him, I would never hear the end of it or he will even have comments like it doesnt taste right or its not the way he would have done it- even though its the exact same way. I have learned to let him shine in the kitchen because that it what he likes

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We actually love to cook together! It’s one of our favourite bonding experiences. I would say we are both good cooks, although he is probably better coming up with more adventurous meal ideas.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say I am the better cook and baker, but he is a better barbecuer.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely not me that’s for sure =P I can cook, when I have to and it’s decent food but I hate doing it. He actually enjoys it so it’s all his to do
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He insists he's the better cook and kicks me out of the kitchen. I love to make meals when he's not home. Only thing is he buys what he wants to make and nothing for me to eat when i want to cook.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends on what we cook! Generally we are pretty even but he cooks and makes food more.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both are but he makes the best pasta sauce ever
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH is trained as a cook, so when he cooks, I stay out of the way, because everything is very precisely done and it always turns out wonderful!

We both cook at home and I'd say that I actually do most of the cooking as he is preparing food all day at work and usually doesn't want to do the same at home! We each have dishes that we know are our "specialties", but we are both very well versed in the kitchen!

As for gender roles, I was a young home owner and he lived with his mom,... so I'm the go to/fix it girl for home repairs and maintenance on our vehicles and farm equipment! I pay most of the bills, only because they are still in my name (I owned our home before he moved in).

He lived with Mom, but he's learning new things as we venture into our life together and I love having someone to share the chores and responsibilities with!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are both able to cook but I like him to bbq and he does a great job. In terms of cooking and baking knowledge, or how to make a meal from very little in the pantry, that would be me.

• Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do all the cooking. his idea of cooking is taking out.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's even. He cares about it more and does it more because he enjoys it, while for me it's a chore but idk every time he tries to cook ground beef we end up with a smokey place or an almost smokey place that I had to fix.
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH does do the majority of the main dish cooking (meats on the BBQ, meats in the oven, meats on the stove lol) he basically always cooks the meat because he likes it done a certain way, and it really is delicious. However, I do the side dish cooking, making salads, as well as soups and chili and pasta dishes. I also love to bake and so that is my favourite thing to do, and his favourite thing is to eat the treats so its a good balance Smiley smile

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same here for my fiance! I enjoy baking, whereas he doesn't really (except for making bread). It works out since he is so passionate about cooking, but hates dishes, I am passionate about eating, and don't mind doing the dishes Smiley catface

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    LOL makes me wonder how many men out there are chore illiterate because of being coddled by parents their whole lives!
    Glad that there's patient and loving ladies like us to give them reality checks haha! :p
    My FH also couldn't figure out how to turn on our oven... #lifeskills
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha we totally flip gender roles on their head in this house. I do all the house repairs, hanging things, finances... most of the "guy stuff". And we're totally the same! FH lived with his dad and aunt until he moved in with me and they did EVERYTHING for him! I finally made him vaccuum last month and it was literally the first time he'd ever turned one on!!!!!!!!!!!! I was like, man you're 33 and you've never used a vaccuum?!?!?!?!?!

When I first taught FH laundry I had to teach hi the hard way and just waited him out... I have EASILY triple the amount of clothes as him and he ran out and told me and I was like... well I guess you better go do something about it!

• L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hurray for challenging outdated gender roles! LOL
    My FH had his grandma catering to him his whole life. I love him so, but at 28 he didn't know how to use the washing machine.....
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ya I nipped that shit in the bud!! I'm like, if you think I'm doing all the cooking and cleaning for you all the time you've got another thing coming!! haha

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He does, mainly for the fact that when I'm here he won't let me cook!
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both love to cook so it's a tie.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends on the meal. I am better with dinner items and coming up with different glazes and sauces but he is better with breakfast foods and he is better when it comes to using our different appliances such as our breakfast grill and what not! I cook meals at my work everyday and so I have a greater variety of meals to cook but we both do our share!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say both of us. Since our cultures are different and we learn from one another.
  • L
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine has gotten a lot better this year too! Since he moved in with me in July I stopped the whole "you're my guest, let me do everything for you" shtick. Lol he gets home a half hour earlier and is forced to start cooking if we want to eat at a reasonable time.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm definitely better but FH has improved GREATLY in the past year!! He's still lost without following a recipe to the tee, but hey! he's learning!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband does the majority of the cooking and he's really good at it! He comes up with new things that he wants to try and just goes for it, even without a recipe. I can also cook but have a much smaller repertoire of recipes.

We actually just tried out our pasta maker last weekend! We registered for a Kitchenaid mixer and the pasta attachment for our wedding and it was a great idea. We had so much fun and it tasted amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics