Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Who paid for the wedding party outfits?

Joey, on June 11, 2018 at 08:01 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 27

One of the earliest and biggest conundrums you'll encounter when you’re planning a wedding is figuring out who pays for what. There are lots of different ways to divvy things up, so share your own perspective!

Will the members of your wedding party buy or rent their own attire or will you be covering those costs?

Who paid for the wedding party outfits? 1

From the wedding of Kevin and Julia

>>Click here to go to the next question, Who paid for the bridal shower?

27 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on January 13, 2019 at 16:15
  • Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding party is going to pay for their own outfits. It just isn't in our budget to cover any of the cost.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding party paid for there own outfits.

• Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH got a great deal on her dress and refused to let me pay for it.

Our best man is my FH’s cousin that lives with us, we offered to pay for his tux rental.
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding party got their own outfits

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The girls all paid for their own and he's paying for his best mans and his groomsmen is paying for his own. But I am getting the girls their jewelry and he is getting the guys their dress shoes

• Brette
    Beginner June 2019 British Columbia
    Brette ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding parties will pay for their own.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Groomsmen on their own (except for the deposits), bridesmaid I covered a portion of their dresses.

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding party is paying for their own because im letting them pick their outfits
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't have a wedding party, so no need to pay for any of that stuff! YAY!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The wedding party paid for their own outfits as opinions were given to being good.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding party had to cover the cost of their own outfits.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My parents are buying all the bridesmaids dresses as something their money is going towards, they get to keep their dresses as a gift (they’ll be less than 100 each), the groomsmen are responsible for their suits. They have the choice to rent or to buy.
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding party will be paying for their outfits!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not at that part yet, but we're most-likely going to have our wedding party cover their own outfits.

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Agreed! We also covered the bridesmaids' dresses and groomsmens' rentals. I didn't realize until we started planning that this wasn't how it was normally done but felt strongly that we should cover it anyways.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They will pay for their own outfit, shoes, accessories etc.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They've paid for their own. Although we have paid for the ties and pocket squares for the groomsmen.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They will pay for their own. The girls need to buy dresses, and the boys will be renting tuxedos.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They are paying for their own attire, but we might chip in for uniform accessories (i.e. hair clips for the ladies and ties or socks for the gents) not sure what the accessory is yet if we are even doing it.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding party paid for themselves.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding party all paid for their own outfits.

• Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I gave my bridesmaids $150 each to buy a dress of their choice in blush. They went over and paid the difference themselves. My FH bought his groomsmen good knit ties to wear with suits they already owned.
  • Stefanie
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The wedding party outfits will be paid for by my FH and I out of our wedding budget. We both believe strongly that if we are the ones asking them to be a part of our day, and want them to look and dress a certain way, that it is our responsibility to purchase what they will need.

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The wedding party is buying their outfits. Girls are buying the dress but I let them pick it out. The guys are probably buying the suits they’lol wear but they’re all excited to go suit shopping so win for us! I’m not making the girls buy specific shoes. Told them just pick something dark and most importantly comfy (could be new or something already on their closet).
  • Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

They're each paying for their own outfits, in terms of the suits the guys have all agreed that having an extra (blue) suit is not bad as they can re-use it in future. as for the girls, we all found some really affordable choices so that it is not a big hit to their budgets.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I was having the girls wear all the same dress then I would feel like I should pay for some of it because I would be forcing them to get the dress but seeing as how I am only requesting that they be the same colour and maybe the same length - I will be assuming they will pay. I won't expect them to buy really expensive dresses? As for the men - we have a friend in the group who works at Moores so we are hoping she can hook us up with a good rental deal Smiley laugh

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are hoping that each member of our party already has a black suit (we don’t care if they exactly match because we just don’t think that will matter to us I’m 6 months, let alone 20 years from now) and a white shirt, and we will gift them their ties!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics