Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Who is your maid of honor?

Lynnie, on July 26, 2018 at 15:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 31

Who is your MOH? (Whether that's maid of honor, matron of honor, or man of honor!)

Are they a family member or friend? How long have you known them? Do you have more than one? Tell us a little bit about your relationship and why you wanted to honor them in this role as well! Smiley heart

Who is your maid of honor? 1

Photo by Justine Milton Photography in Calgary

Want to brag about your best man as well? Jump on over to Who is your best man?

31 Comments

Latest activity by Jessie, on July 30, 2018 at 11:50
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My maid of honor is my cousin! She is 2 years younger than me!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aaawwwww
    Adorable!!!!
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is my best friend of 17 years (at time of wedding will be 18 years). I was her MOH.
    We have been through so much together. She lives in the states. And i havent seen her in 6 years. Now she has no choice but to visit me in Canada. Hahaha
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Close friend that I met later on in life

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH will be my sister.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 2 since I couldn't decide! They split the roles amongst themselves so it worked out good and they will do a speech together. One of them took a little more of the MOH role but they really want to do the joint speech. The three of us were roommates in university together and were the first few to know about the engagement

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my best friend Stephanie! I've known her since college. She is super excited about the role 😊 we are actually in Dominican for my bachelorette right now and she has made sure it was an extremely memorable trip, even with all the drinking lol

Who is your maid of honor? 2
  • Maureen
    Curious October 2018 Ontario
    Maureen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine is my sister, i was her maid of honor when i was just 16!

• Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My aunt Joan is my MOH. She’s also my godmother and best friend. She’s 75!!! Love her to death!

I couldnt imagine my wedding without her by my side.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH will be my sister. There was no question about that, as soon as I got engaged, she was the first person I told and it was an assumption that she would fill the MOH role Smiley smile

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had 2 MOH, both friends that I have known since university.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have a MOH, just 2 bridesmaids. They are my sister and my best friend (who I met almost 4 years ago, but who became my best friend within a few weeks of meeting her - I'd never had such a close friend before).

• Marcia
    Beginner January 2019 Ontario
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my soon to be sister in-law or as we call each other, Sister Friend! We’ve become close since I started dating her brother 6 years ago.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We won’t be having a wedding party, but I will be asking 2 of my best friends to make a speech. They would be my MOH’s if I were having them as I was 1 half of theirs.

The three of us are very close and are affectionately known as the “Trinity”. We’ve been friends since high school but got closer one summer in our late 20’s and have been inseparable ever since even though one of us lives abroad. (Yay WhatsApp and Skype).

I’ll be the last of the 3 to get married, and look forward to hearing their speech. I’m sure i’ll tear up.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My step sister, who is only 8 months younger than me! Our parents have been together since we were 3 ❤

Who is your maid of honor? 3
  • Stephanie
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so awesome Smiley shame
  • S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is my sister-in-law. She's been in my life since I was 15. I'm now 32 so over half my life and by time the wedding rolls around, 20 years!

She's been an absolute rock for me since day one and having grown up with only brothers she played a huge role in my teenage years and early 20s being the big sister I always wanted. I'm super tight with all my brother's but I'd say I'm actually closer with her than any of them.

There is no one else I'd rather have by my side Smiley smile Also, it works out nicely that the person I want beside me most also happens to be one of the chillest, most cool headed people I know so is the perfect choice to deal with any last second uh oh moments haha
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The Maid of Honour is one of my best friends! We have been friends for 10 years! I have known 2 of the girls in my bridal party longer but my MOH and I bonded to hard over common interests and do a lot together! Even if we dont see each other for a while when we do the catch up is always great!! Also she had been a huge support for me through a lot of negativity in my life and even when I didnt realize it at the time I look back now and appreciate her friendship so soo much!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've known my MOH for about 25 years, 1 month and 10 days... When she came into the world and stole my spotlight... haha.

My sister is 15 months younger than me, and she cried when I asked her to be my MOH. I originally had a Matron of Honour as well, my cousin, but our relationship is so volatile, right now we're simply civil... so she will just be a guest on the big day.

My sister/MOH is having a really rough time right now though... She was engaged, supposed to be getting married this August 5th, but she ended that relationship in February, and now her ex-fiance passed away suddenly last week, so I'm having a hard time avoiding wedding talk around her right now, as I'm trying to be respectful... But I need my MOH! Smiley heart

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 2 MOH's. One is my kissing cousin (2 Sisters married 2 Brothers) & best friend. We've been extremely close our whole lives. i am the Godmother of her only Son. My other MOH & I have been besties for over 20 Years. We met & clicked like we'd always known each other. I am the Godmother to both her Children. My Godaughter is our JBM. I adore both my MOHs and find they are completely opposite of 1 another. Sometimes I need 1 & sometimes I need the other. My MOHs are not even FB Friends I'm afraid. I don't think either sees what I see in the other if that makes sense. I just could not choose between them.
  • Carol
    Newbie July 2019 British Columbia
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As probably the oldest Bride here I asked my Granddaughter see is helping with all the plans and artistic Choices when It is time to sigh the License My Step daughter will step in for that Job but its nice having a young lady to help plan all this

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My best friend was always going to be my MOH. We met in karate at a young age and use to dislike each other. After a few years we became close friends and I am so happy she will be there for my big day.

I also have a Matron of honour since my best friend just had her baby in April and lives on the island. She was my biggest support for when I was going through my miscarriage. I’m so happy she will be part of my special day.

I have 2 other bridesmaids that are amazing. One is a friend from university who I wouldn’t be with my fiancé if not for her and then my coworker who has become a very close friend over the past year of working together.
  • Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH is a friend that I met through work about 2 years ago. We instantly clicked and have been best friends ever since, not a day goes by that we don't chat over the phone (I think my FH gets jealous sometimes Smiley xd ). She is currently separating from her husband so i've stepped back on the wedding duties, but she constantly brings up my day saying she likes the distraction and has been an absolute gem through it all.

• Julie
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My younger sister will be my Maid of Honour.
  • Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 6 lovely ladies in my bridal party, but they're all wonderful and amazing in different ways - so I don't have an MOH. I have 6...bride squad peeps.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I asked a friend. We started working together 2 years ago and bonded over night shift! We've continued to hang out after she got another job and is one of my best friends. She was also the only one who kept asking how things were going when my husband and I were going through a difficult time. Even though I shared it with others, she was the only who kept asking how we were doing.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I kind of have 2. My sister self proclaimed she was. But then she hasn't been helpful. So it's my best friend who's helped put with a lot of wedding stuff
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No bridal party here. 😊
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is someone who works with husband and she was going through hell at work and asked her to make her day and because she was someone i hadn't known for long and just pleasant to hangout with. Her personality is bubbly, happy and jolly to just smile around anytime.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my best friend. We've known each other for over 10 years. She practically my sister! We met on the baseball field, we played together for 8 years, almost always on the same team. When we were teams we were talking about weddings and if we were to get married we would be each other MOHs. Even though we live on opposite sides of the country now we are still the best of friends, even when we don't talk for a bit. No doubt in my mind that she is the best MOH I could ask for!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Maid of Honour is my big sister Smiley smile So I have known her for almost 21 years! We made a pact when we were little that we would be each other's MOH.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics