Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Who is more strict about sticking to the budget? You or your fiancé(e)?

Lynnie, on November 26, 2018 at 10:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 29

Is one of you inclined to spend a little more, or are you both equally money-conscious? Who is more strict about sticking to the budget - you or your fiancé(e)?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Next Question: Whose parents are more involved in the planning?

Start from the beginning here: You or your fiancé(e)?

29 Comments

Latest activity by Shla, on December 17, 2018 at 15:03
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me. I'm super frugal.
  • Kait
    Curious September 2019 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh, definitely me. I have a whole spreadsheet down to the last cent of everything we've spent so far on this wedding. He has more of a casual approach about the cost, saying that I need to stop worrying that we are over our budget, and that you can't put a price on a special day like this.

• Cathy
    Beginner August 2019 Nova Scotia
    Cathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh definitely me
  • Samantha
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are both money wise but I’m the one that knees the budget, he probably couldn’t tell you what it was or how much has been spent. We are very conscious of our budget tho we need to be
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am. I know how much we have to spend and I am very reluctant to go over it.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Surprisingly me, he just wants me to have the wedding not my dreams so he's more okay stretching the budget a bit than I am.
  • Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely me. I'm DETERMINED to spend as little as possible while still having a beautiful wedding (anything not spent on the wedding goes directly into the house fund), and he's always saying, "come on, let's splurge a bit - it's our WEDDING, we can afford it!"
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He is usually but there’s been a few things I’ve had to reign him in on.
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He is, and that's only because I splurged on photography and videography so he wants to make sure I don't keep doing that for everything else or we'll be having a 100k wedding!
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both keep each other in check
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We can both be impulsive spenders!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He is! He’s a CPA, so he comes by it naturally
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me. He is very much of the "it's the most important day of our lives" mentality, whereas I just think it's a party. The most important day, in my opinion, was the day we got engaged. But yeah, FH can't stop throwing the money around.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me. Because he probably couldn't even tell you the budget, or how much anything cost... haha. I ask his opinions... but I'm doing the planning. He picked his tux, helped decide on the venue after I narrowed it down to the ones in budget, and I kind of show him things as we go Smiley laugh

He helped pick the menu, and I'm sure he'll help with the playlist. But overall he's just letting me do what I want.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Him for sure
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Him for sure. I have been planning the whole thing though, so I think part is that he just does not know what things cost. Weddings are expensive, it took him awhile to realize just how much we will be actually spending.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha definitely him...

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Him! And I need to be
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am, just because I am naturally an anxious person. I'm tracking our wedding spending to the penny and he is just like "meh, we're not going crazy so it's okay"

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He is, he had problems with debt so it makes sense he is more money-conscious than I.

I have more of a "Treat yo'self" approach to money lol but I am aware of my spending and I do manage it better than I used to.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its not that I tend to be more strict. I am just more cost conscious/pay attention more than him. But he likes to be in the know. so when I looked at venues. I made a chart of what each included cost wise and payment plans etc. so he could help make a decision.

but we also could both spend crazily if we knew we had the extra money.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We originally were hoping to have much less of a cost associated with the wedding, but the moment that we decided to be married in Jasper our budget increased exponentially. I try to be budget minded with purchases, but sometimes I fall in love and have to have it. Most of the decorations have been made via wedding buy and sell sites and we plan to sell back our decorations the same way. It seems the moment that things are for a wedding, instead of a party the price sky rockets! Oh well, we started budgeting 18 - 24 months before the wedding so I think it will work out in terms of the timing and our budget.

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have to admit that as much as I tried to stick to the budget, there are few things that I couldn't and it's more related to "love it so much" instead of "need it". Guilty!! My Fiance leaves all the arrangement with me. He's not the type who likes to manage this kind of stuff.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did and do for the financial part of the home expenses/bills.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me! I’m better at managing finances in general and do more research for our planning. My fiancé is on the same page and let’s me lead in terms of that, though!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me! I handle our finances 100%. He has no idea what we pay every month and when lol
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends on what we're planning hahaha. I guess, overall though, I would be the strict one.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both are. Although I think we both have different ideas on where we can make the budget “stretch” lol!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Me. Plus I am taking courses towards an accounting certificate so... duh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics