Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Who is in your wedding party??

Lynnie, on March 14, 2018 at 15:46 Posted in WeddingWire 0 30

How do you know the people in your wedding party? Are they mainly friends or family?

My wedding party was pretty heavy on college friends, but my husband has friends from every stage of his life (so far Smiley tongue )!

Who is in your wedding party?

Who is in your wedding party?? 1

Photo by Rachel Red Photography

30 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on April 24, 2018 at 09:37
  • Sarah
    Beginner February 2020 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH is a good friend of mine, and has been for the past 5 years, I moved across the country and she was one of my first friends when I moved, my bridesmaid is my best friend since high school, I didn't choose her to be my MOH because we live so far apart these days, and wanted someone who was close by to help me with the planning. I also choose another friend since high school to be the officiant, he however moved across the country also, so we have been friends for ever, and he also works with my fiance, so he knows both of us really well, and can tailor the wedding to us

• Sarah
    Newbie July 2019 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My closest friends, and my sister are in my wedding party. Mostly from the beginning of our relationship 7 years ago. My fiancé has all of his closest friends dating back to his childhood.
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my best friend of 10 years. My bridesmaids are a close cousin, a best friend of 10ish years and two of my FSIL. On my FH’s side his best man is his brother in law, 3 friends and a cousin.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't have a bridal partySmiley smile We wanted to save the stress of organizing a bunch of people and the drama it might produce. I have my younger sister signing for me, and My FH is having his younger brother sign for him. My sister will wear a dress matching our colours, but that's as far as we're going with it Smiley smile
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my 10-yo niece, my four bridesmen are high school friends, my FH’s best man is a childhood friend, and his four groomsmen are college friends!
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My moh is my best friend of 7 years, my bridesmaids are made up of my high school friend, sister in law, and two of my cousins Smiley smile
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well I’m having trouble sleeping so going through old posts.

My 2 co-MOH are friends from school. My best friend I’ve known since I was 5. We use to hate each other for many years, but now she’s a sister to me. My other friend I have known since grade 7 and she supported me a lot when I went through my miscarriage. They will be sharing the MOH role because my best friend lives in BC and is having a baby in a month.

I have a good friend from university that is so beautiful and friendly. She is the one who told me to give my Fiancé a chance when I first started dating him when I wasn’t sure.

My fourth bridesmaid is my coworker, I have become close with her and she is also very excited to be in the wedding. I’m her culture they don’t have bridesmaids at weddings so she is really looking forward to being the first of her friends to have bridesmaids pictures.

I have a bridesman that I feel is very special to me because he was always there when it felt like other friends drifted away. He lives far away tho so he may not be able to make it.

Our flower girl is going to be my other friends daughter who will be 2 at our wedding. I picked her because her daughter is so beautiful and will have traditional outfits to wear. We are incorporating my First Nations heritage into our wedding. Also I didn’t want to pick any of my cousins kids because if you choose one and not the other I didn’t want anyone to feel left out.

Ring bearer is still undecided as it will be from my fiancé’s choice.

His groomsmen are 2 friends from high school and one he has been playing video games with for years. If I do have my bridesman I think he will ask his sister to be in the wedding party.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In my bridal party I have two friends I’ve known my whole life, two friends I met at camp as a child and went to high school with, and one cousin. I didn’t choose any friends from university, instead choosing people I’ve known for years.

He has his brother, my brother, one cousin, and two friends.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know! We're having a smaller wedding but we are thinking 3-4 on each side, 5 absolute max! I have most of my party picked out:

Best friend from University - MOH. We met in our first year and are still very close. I'm done school but she has 2 years to go but her reading week will be the week before my wedding, so she can help out with stuff then.

Other best friend from University - Bridesmaid. We met in second year and she lives with the MOH now. Originally they were going to be co-MOH to help each other out, but she's not sure where she's ending up job-wise so she stepped down to bridesmaid.

Longest childhood friend - Bridesmaid. We met when we were 6 and 7 and are now 22 and 23. She's getting married 2 months before me and I'm a bridesmaid in her wedding as well.

FSIL - Bridesmaid. We get along great, and we're planning on having her daughter as a flowergirl. I haven't asked her or her daughter since she's having a baby in a month, we're visiting shortly after and will ask then. By the time the wedding is here, the baby will be 1 1/2 and hopefully a cute ring bearer!

I have 2 other people who I could ask to be there but waiting to ask FSIL first. The other 2 I might get to do a (quick) reading.

My FH will have his brother and mine for sure as groomsmen, and he has yet to ask his best maid (friend from college). He also might have his longest childhood friend, but he lives in Australia now.

• Bonnie
    Beginner June 2019 Ontario
    Bonnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have my 2 sister in laws, his aunt (who is like his sister) and 2 of my friends

he has my 2 brothers, his best friend, a mutual friend of ours and his cousin (who is like his brother)
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mum walked me down the aisle and I had my 2 best girl friends as my maid of honour and matron of honour. My husband had 3 of his friends as his best man and groomsmen. They have all known each other for varying lengths of time but nothing shorter than about 10 years I think. Our "officiant" was another friend of ours whom my husband has known since middle school.

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm having my brother walk me down the aisle, my mother stand up with me, and my FH is having our pup be his "best man"
  • Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my sister, then I have my best friend/roommate from university, 3 more girlfriends from university who lived a floor below my roommate and I, and then 2 friends from high school.
    My FH has his brother as best man, 2
    friends from highschool and my brother and brother-in-law as his groomsman
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t officially asked anyone yet but when I do it will be my sister (MOH) and everyone else is high school friends and FH’s sister.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    About half and half but I think it's a little more family.
  • Gina
    Newbie July 2018 Nova Scotia
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My best friend is my MOH and only bridesmaid. My older brother will also stand with me. My fiancé's two sisters will stand with him. We're not doing any of the traditional wedding party stuff (bachelor/ette parties, showers, rehearsal dinner, etc etc), so it'll be a pretty simple gig for all of them! Just show up and stand in a line (and hand off the rings). Smiley tongue

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One will be a really good friend of mine who I'm really close with and who was in the same class as my future husband and me.
    Another girl will be someone I'm now close with but only known since 1.5 / 2 years (instant close friends tho), but most of my close friends are back in Europe among other reasons. (I feel a bit odd now with everyone 7 years + friends now haha)

Both future husband and I will have 3 people on either side, but I'm still thinking about the third one (or actually, Ive known that I'd like her (we've been great friends since we were 12) to be part of it since we got engaged but I'm just not sure if she'd want to since she's coming here only for short time, on holiday and will also bring her son who won't be 2 years old yet by the time we're getting married)
    FH has a close group with 3 other guys who would probably be his groomsmen, at least 2 out of the 3 will, third guy might be an old friend from back in the Netherlands or one of his brothers
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have my first two friends I made when I moved to this province and one of my friends i’ve known since childhood. My fiancé has his best friend, his brother, and the first friend he made when he moved back to th city we live in now
  • Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was the hardest decision for me EVER!

i picked my MOH as my best friend of 20 years, and my two sisters. (one im close with the other is MUCH younger)

but i'm a little saddened i didn't ask for more bridesmaids. Most of the responsibility will lie on my sister as my MOH is preggo. My fiance was only having two groomsman so i tried to keep my party small as well. we are also having a smaller wedding and i didnt want to hurt anyones feelings by not asking certain people.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my best friend of 10 years. Two bridesmaids are friends I’ve had since I was 13. One newer friend 2-3 years and my niece is a jr bridesmaid maid (my MOH daughter).
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is my sister. My bridesmaids includes 3 of my friends from way back and my cousin who's like a sister to me.

My FH BM is his old friend and his 4 groom's men are all his good friends as well.

Guest wise we have more families attending and closest friends.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH is a friend from high school.

One bridesmaid is a friend from high school who always hangs out with me&MOH together.

One is a childhood friend who i am still close with.

One is my FH's brother's wife (future Sister in law?) who i am good friends with. FHs brother is best man so itll be fun to have them both in the wedding party.

And one is a good friend of mine i met at work a couple years ago and we hit it off really well.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On my side I have my best friend since 2009, my best friend since I was 16, and my fiancés sister, plus my daughter as our flower girl. On his side are all people he has gone to school with since grade school or high school.

• Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On my side, I had my sister as the maid of honor and my sister-in-law as the matron of honor, then 5 more bridesmaids! Four of them were in my sorority at college and we lived together in a big house for 2 years right after college. The final bridesmaid was a newer friend! She is (now) married to a good guy friend of mine from college and actually worked with me at WeddingWire for 2 years!

Who is in your wedding party?? 2

• Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's so hard to stay close with everyone!! Especially depending on where you end up living and working after university, it really determines who you stay close with!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have two maid of honor's- My sister and childhood best friend

My FH's friends gf, were two peas in a pod- bridesmaid

Friend I met when working in hydro camp- bridesmaid

FH's sister, we get along really well- bridesmaid

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH is one of my sisters (who happens to be my best friend) and my other sister is a bridesmaid. My other two bridesmaids are friends that I've made in the last 5 years (I don't have a lot of friends from before then).

My FH's best man is his friend from high school (husband of one of my bridesmaids). One groomsman is his brother in law and then two more friends.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bridesmaids are my sister and my best friend (who I met after university), and the groomsmen are my fiancé's two brothers.

I don't have much contact with my school and university friends, so it would have been weird for me to include them. My fiancé however did consider two of his high school friends, but they're still very close, and he's even lived with one of them.

• Orianna
    Beginner April 2019 Ontario
    Orianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    3 of mine are sisters, one is my cousin and then my best friends fron high school and university

2 of my fiancé’s are his brothers and then his cousin, two best friends from high school and a co worker of about 8 years
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tend to pick up friends from different things, though don't really have many childhood friends.

One bridesmaid used to be my boss at an old work place about 7 years ago.

One bridesmaid used to be my coworker from an old work place about 5 years ago.

One bridesmaid I went to college with.

My maid of honour I met because she's the girlfriend (now fiance) of my Fiance's childhood best friend.

The groomsmen:

One my FH has known since he was 5 (they were neighbours)

One my FH has known since grade school (my maid of honour's fiance)
    One my FH has known since College.. the guy dated one of my FH's room-mates

The Best Man is my FH's brother!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics