Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Which was more fun: your food or cake tasting?

Lynnie, on March 6, 2018 at 11:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Which tasting experience did you enjoy the most? Your food tasting, or your cake tasting?

If did you do them both at the same time - which one would you taste again if you could??

Food tasting?Which was more fun: your food or cake tasting? 1

Photo from Savoury City Catering & Events in Vancouver

or...

Cake tasting?Which was more fun: your food or cake tasting? 2

Photo from Dynamic Weddings in Vancouver

For tasting tips, check out: Wedding Cake Tasting 101 and Everything You Need to Know About Wedding Catering !

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on March 7, 2018 at 23:39
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had our food tasting on saturday. My god it was good! We heard from our DJ that our caterer has the best mashed potatoes and man was he right! The cake testing was good also. We tried three different kinds. I think we are going to get pink lemonade cake with lemon frosting for cutting cake, then whatever my FH picks for the cupcakes. (This is the one thing he gets to decide on) Lol

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We were told to pace ourselves but weren’t told how many dishes there were (because the chef didn’t even tell the event coordinator who was serving us!) We started eating only a bite of each towards the end!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How did you move at the end of the tasting!?! 14 dishes, holy moly!

We aren't having a cake, so we didn't do that tasting. I LOVED our food tasting though, it basically was a really nice dinner with my dad.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

14 main dishes!! That's amazing! We were limited to trying like 4 entrees and had to be strategic with our choices for the tasting.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Food. cake is part of our dessert, so i requested squares/petit fours instead.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a cake tasting, but our venue is not having a food tasting

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We go for our food tasting on Thursday and I am so gosh darn excited! We're doing things a little different with a cocktail/action station dinner - a lot of hors d'oeuvres and then two action stations where chefs make the guest plates live.

As there are apparently a few other couples doing this at our venue the chef has arranged that we are all doing a group tasting. I am so excited because we were a little hesitate to make our choices before the tasting (strange but there are a lot of choices and the chef understandably don't want to make them all) but now we get to try what other couples chose and change our picks if necessary! Plus it should be fun to hang out with others getting married in the same venue.

We are just doing a one tier cake made by our friends company and their cakes are incredible so no tasting needed.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't have cake so our food tasting was more fun.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only did good tasting because we’re not doing a cake but I would do it again in a heartbeat! We tried 14 main dishes and three sides and they were all delicious! We even get t to take the leftovers home which was awesome of them to allow!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both were a little rushed, so I would re-do both if I could, to enjoy the experience a bit more. A friend is doing our cupcakes though, so the company was nice, and they were amazing! The food is great as well, but I love sweets way more!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The food tasting by far! Our cake tasting was literally just cupcakes given to us in 6 different flavours she makes. It really wasn't that fun at all. We are doing a second set of cupcakes because we didn't like any of the ones that she gave us initially lol

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics