Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tracy
Newbie August 2017 Ontario

Where to sell wedding dress?

Tracy, on January 23, 2017 at 15:30 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10

Hi all,

I am from Toronto Ontario and impulsively bought a wedding dress at a sample sale.

Now I am regretting it. Does anyone know where I can sell it? I have tried a consignment shop but they are asking for 50% of the sell.. which is difficult since I have never worn it before.

I have also posted it on Kijiji but haven't had much luck.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Milla, on October 19, 2018 at 14:45
  • M
    Newbie January 2018 California
    Milla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This designer made a dress for me! Also I order a veil on my own sketch and it turned out gorgeous! On the day of my wedding, people came up to me and asked where I bought this outfit! This is nice!Smiley heart

Shop https://www.etsy.com/shop/DressesbyAlex

Instagram https://www.instagram.com/weddingdress_votremariage/

• Yscat
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Yscat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same issue here! where did you end up selling? Stillwhite.ca looks like a good option too

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Tracy, I just remembered check out preownedweddingdresses.com. it's a great buy and sell website for gowns! Good luck!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tracy! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart I'm glad you got such useful comments in here Smiley smile

I hope you find a great wesbite to sell your dress. I just wanted to tell you in the meantime that it is not allowed to buy or sell in the community. I'm glad you respected these rules, but for this reason I had to remove the link to your ad on kijiji. I hope we can also help you find another dress you like!

What type of dress would you like to go for? Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I looked it up on Kijiji. It's. Stunning Gown! Looks like a satin mikado fabric, which I love! The place you bought it from won't entertain an exchange?
  • Tasha
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try on a buy and sell facebook group or varagesale in ur area
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The dress is beatiful and it looks amazing on you. Are you sure it's just not temporary dress regret? Most of its go through it (I know I had like a melt down a week later, my MOH had to talk me down)
  • Tracy
    Newbie August 2017 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you so much for the response ladies! I'll try the options mentioned. The dress isn't bad, but a bit too much for dancing.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out Second Dance in St. Catharines. I know it's far but depending on the dress I heard they do 75% 25%. Also there is one called Sixpense in Guelph. Don't know what there agreement are though. Good luck! Is it really that bad? What did you buy?
  • L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel.likw of you Google there are website that specialize in re selling your dress.
    But you likely will not get full price back for what you paid.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics