Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

When you’re going over the budget with your fiancé and it’s getting a little out of hand

Zoë, on May 23, 2017 at 07:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 26

Hi everyone!

Step 9.

Your face when you’re going over the budget with your fiancé and it’s getting a little out of hand.

a8ed8358-5b07-4929-8a4b-5d561f08f4e6~rs_

Did this happen to you? Are you getting it under control?

GIF

Follow >> When you finally make it to the honeymoon suite

26 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on December 5, 2017 at 17:43
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've talked about postponing the honeymoon. I think we're pretty close to budget at this point. If we do go over, I think it will be because I suddenly decided I want something more for the decor!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It hasn't been too too bad yet! He is great with saying that we don't need an item or not lol
  • Mzheng
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Mzheng ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far so good with sticking to our original budget! We are both pretty frugal people and know which parts of our wedding we would like to spend a little more on which helps. Just remember that no matter what it will be an amazing day for each of you, so focus on that! Smiley smile

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Totally under control. A wedding is only one day of your life. In my case, this is a repeat performance. I have seen too many couples drop upwards of $30,000 for one day only to have their marriage break down within 7-10 years. Yes, you want to make it nice and special, but most brides go overboard. Keep it simple and enjoy a long and happy marriage.

• Faith
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Faith ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes still happening but getting closer to getting under control.
  • Donna
    Devoted August 2017 Quebec
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh yes it happened still happening. But I got it under control... I hope

• Sabrina
    Frequent user October 2017 Quebec
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's under control at the moment

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Unless he's more stressed about it and not letting on. He paid for the venue and I'm paying for the extras. The ppl I booked are ppl I paid for. The ppl he booked, he paid for. There was not a big discussion about money.
  • Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have gone over by $500.00 . and I am keeping things under control.

• Andrea
    Frequent user September 2017 Manitoba
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Laura!!! I didn't want to look back years from now and regret not having it the way I truly wanted! And since I have been dreaming of this my whole life I figured I would just go for it! Glad you guys are feeling the same way! Smiley laugh

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well said Andrea!

We were originally toying with the idea of eloping, so our budget sort of went out the window pretty quickly. I was trying so hard to keep it small, but my FH realized that I wanted a real wedding and all the little (and big) stuff that goes with it, so we moved our budget up and are just going with it.

• Momofbride(Kim)
    Alberta
    Momofbride(Kim) ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't really given our daughter a budget. We hired a wedding/event coordinator, and she and our daughter are working on her "vision". Dad doesn't want his little girl's day to be nickel and dimed to the point it isn't what she wants but we aren't going to spend $100,000! Are we being old fashioned by not making our daughter pay for the wedding?? What is the average cost of a wedding? Are we spoiling her?

• Sarah
    Frequent user June 2017 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahaha numbers are awful. They're so haunting.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We keep uping our "scary number" by $5,000 at a time Smiley ups

• Angie
    Beginner April 2018 Ontario
    Angie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are under budget so far. We are really trying to watch the budget. The budget went up slightly due to us just guessing what food would actually cost. But we are good so far and we still have just under a year before the big day.
  • Barbara
    Devoted July 2018 Ontario
    Barbara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an initial budget set, but not realizing how much a wedding could cost, that quickly went up. We have over a year to save for it so i'm not too worried.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had to double the orignal budget once we completed the guest list... So far we are under budget.
  • Katnner
    Frequent user August 2018 Alberta
    Katnner ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far we are under budget we don't want anything big or BAM because that's not us. Budget wise we are doing great.

• Faith
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Faith ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yep totally happening before anything is even set lol.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are over for sure but nothing outrageous, everything is pretty much paid for now anyway
  • L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Story of my life. it's back to normal though

• Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No but issues so far. We were getting concerned with quotes from different venues, but found a cheaper alternative!
  • Andrea
    Frequent user September 2017 Manitoba
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My budget has pretty much doubled from when I started so we are just accepting it and we know that this is going to only be one time for us so we might as well do everything we want! LOL

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We constantly talk about budget so we are very accountable to one another if we were to go over.

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did go a tad over budget but it was to invite a couple more people who are special to us, and to have a dj/mc who can make our wedding specia and unique! We made all the decisions together though Smiley smile
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hahaha I know all about this! Led the fiancé to all but scrap what we had discussed and now I'm waiting to see when he's ready to sit down and talk things through again! I'm enjoying being engaged for the moment Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics