Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cherry
Devoted October 2019 Quebec

When to bustle up?

Cherry, on August 2, 2018 at 18:58 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 11

Need advise on when do brides usually bustle up their dress on the wedding day?

Ceremony - Train

Photo Session - Train

Grand Entrance - Train or no train?

Do you bustle up your dress after the photo session or after the grand entrance?

Additional info, the Reception place doesn't have room to change. Smiley sad

11 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on August 5, 2018 at 23:44
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel I am different the most people as I am obsessed with my train. I will be doing the bustle after the dinner. My sister will be trained to help me so we will quickly slip away to do it. My FH will be in charge of making sure nobody notices we are gone.

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will bustle mine before the grand entrance of the reception. It is quite tight between the tables as we make our way to the head table so having a long train will only be a recipe for disaster!

• Megs
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Megs ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me I’ll probably bustle it before we enter our reception, as cocktail hour is coming to a close. My FH and I are doing a first look before the ceremony because we don’t want to be gone for too long, and we want to spend as much time with our friends and family as we can. So during our cocktail hour we will do quick family photos and then mingle (rather than a big receiving line.)
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you all for the advice. Seems like the most reasonable time is to bustle up before the Grand Entrance. It really makes sense. Now, I have to figure out where I should get the bustle done as there is no changing room and to go to the rest room, I have to pass the dining hall. The layout of the reception place is just odd. Smiley sad

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

After being a bridesmaid more times than I like (12). I have seen that bustling up before grand entrance is best. because it will be difficult to get out of the reception hall after your grand entrance to bustle. and depending on your bustle you may not want people around when you do it.
    if there isn't room to change. go into the bathroom. lock the door.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going to be bustling after our photos are done before the grand entrance. Some people I know have actually gotten a couple photos done where their dress is bustled so it may happen even earlier but this is for sure the latest it will be bustled.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bustled after our first set of photos going into dinner. It would have been difficult to sit for dinner with the train of my dress hanging.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is something that I didn't even think of! I don't have a dress yet but I would love a train on it - and I was already thinking that I would go straight into the first dance; which would be a little hard if it wasn't bustled!

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be doing mine before the entrance as well, that way when it comes time for sitting down. That way no one has to help me fiddle with that so the evening can run smoother without too many small delays.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing mine before the grand entrance! Were maybe doing the first dance as the grand entrance so I want to make sure it's all tucked up for it!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did it before the grand entrance. My friend, who had a shorter train, bustled hers right before the dance started.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics