Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samantha
Curious August 2018 Ontario

When to book florist?

Samantha, on January 2, 2018 at 13:22 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
When did everyone go check out different florists and book? My wedding is August 3

18 Comments

Latest activity by Marina, on January 6, 2018 at 17:36
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the help Jennifer! I’ll definitely check them out!
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Check out Foxglove Studio, their work is incredible. They are from Calgary but may travel to Edmonton? Keep in mind they will probably have a travel fee but I think they will very open to telling you exactly what that would cost.

They are online & also on weddingwire!

We have:
    -A bridal bouquet
    -4 Bridesmaids bouquets
    -Grooms boutonniere
    -4 Groomsmens boutonnieres
    -6 parents
    boutonnieres
    -Cake florals
    -Floral Dog collar
    -Archway
    -8 aisle greenery clusters
    -15 table florals

And we are nowhere near what you were quoted!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I totally agree with you, this is outrageous especially for our 60-people wedding .

The wedding will be in Edmonton. Is there any florist that you might know? Thanks!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for your response Naked sun. We live in Ontario and indeed the prices there are so different. However my FH is from Alberta so we decided to do the wedding there and everything is so much more expensive.

I am an sincerely considering asking family to help me doing the arrangements on my own. There are many YouTube tutorials Smiley smile
  • Stacy
    Curious August 2019 Ontario
    Stacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We aren't getting married until August 2019 and when i called my florist they were booking for November 2019 ! Id say the earlier the better ! Smiley smile

• Dawn
    Frequent user July 2018 Ontario
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're having our second consultation with the florist we're considering in February and we're probably going to be paying the deposit at this time. Our wedding is in July.
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't really have a choice because with out venue there is an in-house florist we are required to use (it's a greenhouse so understandably they can't have outside flowers coming in to their ecosystem) but we've found them to be priced quite reasonably. We just did our consultation this week and we are 8 months out

Just to give you an idea of our costs in case it helps with budgeting (I'm in Ottawa though):

-1 Bride Bouquet

-5 Bridesmaids Bouquet

- Groom, FOB, FOG Boutonnieres (none for groomsmen)

- 4 Corsages

- 4 Centrepieces

Total cost around $600-650

• Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is a LOT!

Where in Alberta are you getting married?

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked our florist right as soon as we got engaged but we had to because we don't have many vendors to choose from in our city.

• Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is August 10th and I’m planning on booking my florist in the next week or two
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I booked my florist in November of 2017 for my September 2017 wedding. She is a friend of one of my mothers-in-law, so I'm not sure if that had any impact on getting squeezed into the schedule, lol. We had (including myself and husband) 4 bouquets, 5 boutonnieres, and 3 corsages along with 16 table arrangements and 2 barrel pieces.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm in Ontario so pricing could be different however... my florist quote includes:

- 5 bouquets (one for bride, 4 for bridesmaids)

- 2 boutonnieres

- a floral arrangement to fit on the sign at the entrance

- two floral arrangements to go on top of wine barrels

- a floral arrangement that will fit onto our archway

- 9 centerpieces (they aren't too big.. a small bunch of flowers)

- a small hair piece

My quote was about $1,100.

I think the size of your arrangements and flower types can change quotes quite a bit. Did you pick a certain style of flower?

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I booked my florist last July for my July 2018 wedding. I wanted to get all my big vendors booked as early as possible so I knew I would be happy.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it is not too personal may I ask how much were you quoted for the arrangements? I will have 6-7 round tables and one head table and I was quoted from one florist around 5500, which honestly is waaaaaay above my budget. Thanks Smiley smile
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have always been told the sooner the better, especially if you are going to have a large order! Like a lot of the others have said it is never too early to book any wedding vendors Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say when you find the one you want book ASAP. It doesn't mean that you can't change your mind on colours, flowers etc., But at least you can put a deposit down and get the florist you want!!;;
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The earlier the better! Vendors get booked pretty quickly and depending on the size of the florist you pick they may only be able to handle a few events in one weekend.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would suggest as soon as possible. Most florists can handle multiple weddings in a weekend, but when it comes to booking vendors, there is never a "too early"!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics