Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What's your favourite wedding tradition?

Joey, on August 30, 2017 at 08:28 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 12

The bouquet toss, cutting the cake, not seeing each other until the procession, something old new borrowed and blue... what is your absolute favorite wedding tradition?

Do you love the first kiss?Do you love the first kiss?

:: Photo from Love Photos

Or are you all about the first dance?Or are you all about the first dance?

:: Photo from AGI Studio Photography + Cinema

Do you love the history of signing the registry?Do you love the history of signing the registry?

:: Photo from Maria Delduca Hair and Makeup Artistry

Or perhaps something unique from your culture?Or perhaps something unique from your culture?

:: Photo from Pinterest

12 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 9, 2018 at 00:13
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The mother and sons dance. It will be something to remember for all time memories.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My favourite traditions are the first kiss and the father/daughter dance! I always tear up at the love shared during these moments! I feel that when the bride is given away by her dad is always robbed a little as everyone tries to get the best view of the bride and/or are watching the groom's reaction if the couple didn't do a first look prior to the ceremony but the dance is all about the father and daughter.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first kiss! I love watching people beam as they lean in, or the groom surprises the bride with a dip or something. At my brother's wedding, we (the wedding party) did the wave right as they kissed! My brother is a huge sports fan so it fit them!

• Mzheng
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Mzheng ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding will include the Chinese tradition of having a tea ceremony before the vows where we give thanks to our parents. Smiley smile
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not compelety sure what I'm more excited for, but I think walking down the aisle to him is very close to the top and our 1st dance. Smiley ring Smiley diamond

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say walking down the aisle, first kiss and first dance together.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't wait to see my FH for the first time. We decided to switch it up a bit though and do a first look.

• Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can't wait for the doors to open and to see my fiancé for the first time as I walk down the isle 💕
  • Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm excited for seeing my FH for the first time walking down the aisle and the first kiss as husband a wife. Smiley heart Smiley heart

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a very traditional ceremony and we had the unity candle, and we fed each other bread and drank the juice. It was special to us and we liked keeping the ceremony traditional. Also seeing Mitch for the first time while walking down the aisle was pretty special!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think first site walking down the aisle.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is far from traditional, the only real traditional things we are keeping are the first dance and seeing each other for the first time down the aisle. I can't wait for the ceremony and first dance

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics