Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

April
Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia

Whats your biggest fear about your wedding?

April, on April 13, 2018 at 23:26 Posted in Before the wedding 0 22

Is it that things might not go as planned? Are you worried about some family members personalities? Are you concerned about making everyone happy? Are you anxious about kids in a blended family? What is the little twinge in your stomach about (if you have one)!

22 Comments

Latest activity by Genis, on June 8, 2018 at 05:05
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Biggest fear is that my dysfunctional family will not get along and there will be issues. My mum and dad were never married - however they are on good terms. My mum & stepdad however divorced a few years ago and are not at all on speaking terms, in fact I am still concerned he won't come which is a little bit sad. He raised me from 2 years old, I have actually technically known him longer than my dad (as we live overseas). My stepdads family won't be afraid to say something if they don't agree or to say something to my mum... which is sad, however I would like to think that for one night they could get along/not speak but be in same room as each other.

Safe to say that the seating chart will be fun!! And there will be no specific side seating for our ceremony!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm worried that mother in law and father in law will cause some sort of scene. They separated after 30 years, 2 months before my FH and I started dating. That was almost 5 years ago now but there seems to be a constant battle still, despite both of then saying theyre "fine" with it. I come from a ridiculously complicated and large blended family and I have very few fears about mine, but his parents still cant have coffee in the same room so I'm definitely worried.

I've told them both this and they have both said they are going to make sure that they are nothing but good to each other during the trip out for the wedding, so I'm just hoping that they can keep their promises!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That it will be storming outside and we wont get to take advantage of our venue's stunning outdoor spaces for photos.

That I'll be so caught up in host mode and worrying about my guests that I'll forget to enjoy the day myself.

That grandma will have a difficult time hearing speeches. That she'll have difficulty getting around and need help, and be miserable because of it.

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That my sister gets black out drunk and starts a fight or makes an embarrassing speech (she’s a little crazy sometimes), that my uncle actually tracks down my wedding and crashes it (as he has promised to do), that there’ll be kids crying during the ceremony, that my feet are going to hurt too much in my high heels at the ceremony, and that my dress isn’t hemmed enough that it drags when I switch into shorter heels.. 🙃
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tripping! There are about 6 stairs I have to go up at the front of the ceremony space. Also, spilling something on my dress during dinner. People RSVPing and then not showing up. Being late for the ceremony!

• April
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's so hard when you want your SO to be honoured and happy, and then the people that will make that happen for them, are unable to make it. I found myself in a similar situation and I contacted the local university, and offered to provide my wedding as an opportunity for a visual arts student in digital media to video the wedding. That way it will be free, and the people who can't make it can still see some clips of the day. I of course realize I can't have any expectations on the video, since its a student and its free, but this way I feel I have done what I can to make it so those important people are involved and thought of. I had one friend tell me "Whatever you do April, don't let anyone ruin this for you. This is the last wedding you will ever have (I've been married before), and the last wedding he will ever have, and don't let anyones actions or words have any effect on that." That's really helped me. So I keep reflecting that ultimately no matter what happens, its my reaction to it, that will make or break the day. xo

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My worries are people getting drunk and doing something stupid that ruins the night, certain immediate family members making awkward and inappropriate speeches, and worst of all is definitely something happening to my dress!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are truly sticking to what makes US happy is what we will have. So I'm just worried that one of his close family members will pretty much spend the day picking at everything they think we should not/should have done. Also other guests too, besides making the day truely about us we want all our guests to feel included and wanted and having a great time. So Im afraid we won't live up to that.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m worried about falling.. that sounds silly, but I’m super clumsy. I’m wearing flats the whole time to try and prevent it from happening. We are planning a lot of small details, but I am the kind of person who can roll with the punches really well. I just don’t want to embarrass myself haha.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I was most worried that things wouldn't make it to our wedding since we got married 3 hours from where we live. There were other things that ended up not going as planned but they were not concerns I had throughout planning.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm worried about my FH's family not showing up as most of them need to travel 8 hours to be here. I didn't want the big wedding, as I have previously been married. He wanted to have a party for his family and now pretty much everybody is saying no to coming.

I'm also worried about things not turning out like how they were supposed to and I'm worried about missing some detail for the day of.

• Jocelyn
    Beginner April 2020 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm worried about family and friends being upset that we are having a destination wedding and not coming. Some of our family is not in the most stable financial situations and I'm worried they won't be able to make the trip. I also know that some friends HATE destination weddings because they feel forced to shell out money for a vacation they don't necessarily want..

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm worried people won't come and/or won't have fun.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me, it’s saving up and staying on budget. Everything else I can deal with, but financially I want to make sure we’re on track. I don’t want us to leave this wedding with any debt, and if we stay on track saving wise we can afford everything.
  • April
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im worried, that many of our friends and family will be so dissapointed we chose to have a close family wedding only. I dont want them to feel slighted, and i hope they understand our children need it to be small, since they all have anxiety disorders. I know so many were excited to be part of it, and i just dont want hard feelings.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm worried that no one will show up. 90% of my guest are from out of the county / town. So I hope weather cooperate so they can travel safely.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same here!!!!
  • Christine
    Curious September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fear is that Ill be so cought up with worring about how everything goes and making sure everything is how it's supposed to be that I won't be able to enjoy it to the fullest
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm worried that my FH will not feel special on the day to his family. My family is great and supportive, I love everything we've picked.. but his family tend to value his siblings over him (and he and I have both noticed this since we got engaged). His sister has a young baby that will be at the wedding, and I think a LOT of the focus from his family will be on the baby.

It just breaks my heart to hear him say that his family doesn't love him as much as his siblings.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I’m most concerned about his extended family. They’ve already been very critical and have criticized things we’ve done and have gone against our wishes on some things. They’re the largest group of people at the wedding (almost half the guests) and I know so few of them. I’m afraid that I’m going to feel judged all day and not be able to relax and have fun.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My biggest fear is that people won’t have fun. We have a big guest list and I’m not one to have a party for myself ever, so this is making me so nervous.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm worried about making sure all of the rules are followed at the venue and that the vendors get properly paid. I don't want to incur any extra surprise chargers for late things....also my in-laws are the latest people I know, so I can't really trust them with anything, God bless 'em, but that means that my family, which is much smaller than theirs, will take on most of the wedding day and post-wedding day responsibilities.

Oh Also finding a place to live in the Toronto housing bubble....that is waaaaay more stressful than any possible wedding day mishaps. We are living at home with our parents until the wedding day in November, so housing has become part of the wedding planning...

This is a great question/venting platform btw! Thanks Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics