Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What's one thing your fiancé(e) would spend less on for the wedding?

Lynnie, on August 5, 2019 at 09:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 33

If you handed over complete planning control to your fiancé(e) - what's one thing they'd choose to spend way less money on? Where would they decide to pull back in the budget?

What's one thing your fiancé(e) would spend less on for the wedding? 1

Photo from Modern Mint Events in Vancouver

Next Question: What is your fiancé(e) most excited about for the wedding?

Back to the Beginning: How well do you REALLY know your fiancé(e)?

33 Comments

Latest activity by Racheal, on September 30, 2019 at 21:51
  • R
    Frequent user November 2021 Ontario
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh god, the entire thing.

There would be no decor, we'd be at his hunting camp, and the budget would be a pack of shells and a 24-pack of beer. LOL

• July
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    July ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He would definitely say decor. I don’t think he will care about it too much. He loved the venue when we first visited and there was minimal decor set up at the time.
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If he had been left to his own devices we wouldn't have had a limo or flowers. It's 50/50 whether we would have had a photographer.

He was happy to let me do my thing, though.

• Danielle
    Frequent user July 2022 Manitoba
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venue. He nearly had a heart attack over the cost of our venue LOL but he had to admit it ticked off literally all of our boxes.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Food has been the thing we've splurged on most. Because we're only having 50 guests, we wanted to give them something incredible, so that's where a lot of the budget went and it is more than we planned for in the beginning. So if it was up to him I think he would've gone with something that wasn't so extravagant food wise. Once all is said and done though, he'll realize it was worth it.

• Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He might say decor since he doesn't care for that stuff, but i don't actually know.. every time we discuss vendors and pricing he says yeah that sounds reasonable.. also he was the one who wanted to look into getting top shelf alcohol for our open bar...

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Flowers. He's only having them because I want it.

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He'd love to spend less on everything, but we've done really well in every area so probably the decorating.
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He might say the whole thing, as he has said numerous times he would be happy with me and him at the courthouse, then meeting up with family and friends at a nice restaurant. Even though our budget is realistic and we are not going overboard on the things we don’t really need.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Def decor. he says our venue is nice and doesnt need anything!

• Kelly
    Devoted May 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Guest transportation, he feels people should be responsible enough to find their own ride
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He would probably have cut down on the videographer package or the photographer package. He didn’t feel the need for a videographer at all (even though he loves the videos) and he didn’t want the photographer there while he was getting ready lol
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photography. In the end, he was glad we went with our photographers, but at first he thought we could find same quality at a lower price.

• Taylor
    Devoted October 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If i left it up to him we would be eloping/getting married at a courthouse. he hates weddings and think they are a waste of time and money and would rather just do something just the two of us. but he knows how much a wedding means to me so he sucks it up. however he also refuses to help because he just doesnt care

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have to agree with Alix, this is hard because I feel like there isn't much to scale back on so maybe the décor.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This one is hard. We are keeping our budget pretty low. So we're paying less for a lot of things.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The decor. He thinks the wedding will speak for itself and loves how the venue looks as is. To be fair the only part we are spending money on is the signs and a little bit of greenery for the tables Smiley smile

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He says hair/makeup (rude)

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He thinks i went overboard with transportation, so i’m sure he would cut back there. And my dress probably 😂 when he heard how much my dress cost he almost had a heart attack
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He would get rid of the cupcakes/cake and deserts, decrease the amount spent on photography

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photo booth 100%
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If he was in control, we would have had a destination wedding with only immediate family. Nothing too over the top
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photographer. If he’d have his way there’d be no pictures at all 🙄
  • S
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photo and video
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photographer - although now that we have had our engagement photos, he sees the value.

Florals/Decor, all the consumables really.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Photographer and the DJ.

He didn't see why a photographer would be important and he wanted to have a playlist instead of a DJ. Both of which I veto'd.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photographer, and linens. He asked me the otherday why we need linen tableclothes and napkins.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He doesn't mind the big wedding though he loves a good deal so as long as we're getting the best price he's happy enough...
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably the veune + catering. He'd marry me anywhere - but he'd probably select a beach in the summertime near his hometown and have a bbq.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The decor. He didn’t need the table runners or personalized napkins but I did lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This planning would be nothing done and the boat would be the venue and the party where it would only have the ones he wants despite of anything I would suggest or say. Nothing essentially would be planned at all and the memories worth nothing.

For this particular reason is why I had to have full control of everything and decisions made.

• Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely decorations. He would want good food and booze and desserts and a photo booth! Everything else he doesn’t care about

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics