Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What was most important to you when choosing your florist?

Joey, on February 19, 2018 at 10:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

It can be so hard to choose a florist because the world of wedding flowers is full of amazing choices. Wedding flowers are so much more than just the bouquet and centerpieces - there's ceremony decor, aisle decoration, arbors, flower walls, cake toppers, crowns, wreaths, runners, boutonnieres, corsages, toss bouquets, table decor, loose petals to scatter... not to mention the colors, styles, and flower types available to you. The list of options goes on and on. So how are you to choose?! I want to know, when you set out to choose your florist, what was most important to you in making your decision?

What was most important to you when choosing your florist? 1

Photo by Creative Weddings Floral Designs in Calgary

11 Comments

Latest activity by Cathrine, on February 21, 2018 at 07:54
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Alma Florist/4165flower on Kingston road in Scarborough. The florists name is Rada.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I visited two florists. I don’t know much about flowers - I’m pretty clueless actually.
    W hen the first florist asked me what I wanted, I said “burgundy”. (See, clueless, right?). She showed me different examples of different flowers that would be in season at the time. She also asked me what style/colour my dress was, what the bridesmaid dresses looked like, what my vision was, and what my budget was. She worked with me to create something beautiful.
    The second florist told me “this is what we usually do, so this is what we’ll do for you, and this is what you’ll get.” I’m not usually one to not voice my opinion, but in this case there was no point. The first florist I visited was amazing. So accommodating and personable. It was a no brainer.
  • Mira
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Mira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found my florist by following my venue on Instagram actually. The venue would post pics of other people’s weddings for inspiration and tag the vendors that had worked on that wedding so I was able to see the florist’s ideas and design elements in action at the venue I was looking at. I really liked her work in the pics I saw at the venue so I found her that way. Price was also a factor, by the way - but it helped me to find nearby vendors that had also worked at that venue before and were familiar with it which also made me confident that they would know what looked best there.
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds like a great florist. What’s her companies name? Is she from Toronto?
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Planning my wedding from out of town I had to pick a florist I could work with mostly via email. Surprisingly very few were helpful over email as they all wanted to give me no information until I came into the store even when I explained the 4 hour trip between home and their store... I went with the florist who was most helpful and understanding of the situation, she wasn’t the cheapest but I’d rather pay for quality service and quality products then save money..
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I saw a couple florist and it came down to a few things when making the decision.
    1. Vibe: I got a really good vibe from the florist ultimately booked. I felt like I could trust her and that she really cared.
    2. She showed me options. She pulled out flowers and we played around with options. I’m a visual person. The first place just talked about flowers and I have no idea what they were talking about. The florist I booked showed me flowers. When I booked her and put the deposit down she put together a bouquet of my flowers to send Home with me for free to show my FH who couldn’t be there that day. That was a nice touch.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That I liked their style.

I also really wanted to make sure that I liked the vendor and got a good feeling about her.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Before I really thought about a florist, my sister-in-law offered to do them. She is just going to charge the cost of the flowers. She took a course and made the bouquets for her friends wedding. So, I guess cost was the most important!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven’t chosen one yet but I’m feeling pretty confident that I will be able to make a good choice based on price, quality, and vision.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted someone who would listen to me, work with my idea/vision and work within my budget.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Price. I got quotes from 2 florists and booked the cheaper one. Really was the only factor why i picked one over the other.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics