Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

What to use for my signs?

Stephanie, on February 19, 2018 at 01:12 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Just wondering what people are using to make their signs. I don't really know what the theme is...We're not going crazy on decor since I don't remember decor at other people's weddings so figured we could save in that area. We are doing flower pots as centrepieces and as other decor. Our venue is kind of modern/classic I would say. Any ideas what I should write my signs on? What are you using?

Thanks!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on February 20, 2018 at 22:45
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm not really sure where we need signs either...for sure doing one for my nephew to carry down the aisle, one that explains the guestbook, one that explains the seating chart, and one with the bar menu

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Stephanie! What kinds of signs are you thinking? I used mirrors for a few signs and then bought some small gold frames for our bar and guest book signs.

• Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a designer on Etsy make ours so that everything matched. She did our invitations, seating chart and welcome sign. I think it looks nice when things are consistent (signs/frames). You can use a local small business for this as well.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cardboard could work cutting out patterns to use and putting in the directions of events. A wooden stick 1 inch wide to hold the signs as an interconnection way.

It would give that look and acccess for everyone to know where to go.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a bit of a combo..

So we have our WELCOME sign on a mirror - there are different framed mirrors you can get to match different feelings.

I then have a directional sign (ie. reception this way, washrooms this way) that is on a chalkboard, but I've stained the edges so it doesn't look SUPER chalkboardy.

Our seating chart is in a nice dark wood frame piece

So you can definitely mix and match!

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will probably do some pretty signs and place them in silver or white picture frames. I've also seen some cute chalkboard type signs out there.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an outdoor ceremony and barn reception so our signs were painted barn wood mounted on pickets. We added flower arrangements to the top to make it prettier.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics