Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What surprised you most about wedding planning?

Lynnie, on June 18, 2018 at 10:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 24

What has been the most surprising part about the wedding planning process so far?

Is it easier or harder than you expected? Are you enjoying it more or less than you thought you would? Have your friends or family been surprisingly helpful (or difficult)??

giphy.gif

Next Question: What has been the most surprisingly expensive part?

To start from the beginning, click here: Wedding Planning Surprises

24 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 18, 2018 at 01:02
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a few minor issues but planning was much easier then I expected. Once we made a few big decisions it just flew by.

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That I just want the wedding to be over so I dont have to deal with it anymore. Im a Project coordinator by profession so its like bringing my work home
    Feels like I never get an hour off work
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Time invested, cost and FAMILY DRAMA!

It was all flowers, rainbows and unicorns in the 1st 9 months of planning after that it was not so fun anymore haha

• Brenda
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom has been surprisingly helpful in helping us to think through the details, though might be a little bit too early in the planning timeline to think about them!

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As other brides have mentioned it was how much people where invested and offered their opinions. It was surprising they wanted my wedding to be a version of their own lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm digging all of the memes from the hills BTW. The most surprising part was how weird everybody got once you started planning! It really brought out the weirdness in some people.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Other people’s opinions, and how many they have!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The organization and cohesive of the detail put together from the invitations and modern colours.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How many opinions my mum has on it. Like she’s not pushy at all and I actually really value them but like she is full of just ideas and is way more helpful than I anticipated!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's not as hard as I thought, once you get organized. So I think that's what surprised me the most, that and how much little things there are to plan.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's much easier than anticipated thanks to the tools I set myself up with (a wedding planning binder, spreadsheets, research, forums, etc.), but I am definitely not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. I find that I am absolutely realistic about my budget, influences, trends, and whatnot, while most of the people I talk to don't seem to realize that. It's been frusterating!

• Alexa
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its been the easiest thing i've ever done! I love it and im having so much fun with it!

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the most surprising thing during wedding planning is how helpful my fiance is with wedding details Smiley smile!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I took wedding planning in school (event coordinator)... so I knew to expect a lot of the stuff...

I think my fiance's opinions, and how involved he got, was pretty surprising... I knew everyone and their dog was going to have an opinion...

I think I'm surprised at how laid back I am about some of the decisions! I am the Type A Planner Bridezilla extraordinaire (in my head, and leading up to getting engaged)... once it actually came time for decisions and details? I'm like... okay, cool, whatever works best...

I have a feeling that will change in the closer months.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the thing that surprised me the most was how much my husband enjoyed the planning process. He was very involved from the start.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was surprised with how easy it’s been! Quick decisions were made, people offered to help and didn’t give their own opinions
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was surprised that everyone has an opinion. I think I was MORE surprised, that it seems to be the same feedback I hear from every bride who plans a wedding.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some days I plan 20 things and then do nothing for weeks! (Besides Pinterest and WW community). Also people having opinions on everything (and not helpful ones)!

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    What most surprised me about wedding planning is actually how much my FH has been involved! I’ve been with him for over 10 years now and I never would have thought he would have been so opinionated on so many things! Haha
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How opinionated people are about other people's weddings. I'm still enjoying it, but I'm not as friendly anymore when people start suggesting things that are ridiculous.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was surprised by how few venues actually called me back when I inquired about having my wedding at their venues. They didn't seem to care about my business, so I passed, but the number who didn't call back or check in was about 10 (I called/emailed about 15 places).

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I stopped enjoying it because of family. Now that we are eloping and told everyone that if they want to come, we want no opinions, it’s been amazing! Haha
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am enjoying it more than I thought, learning new skills. Family- not so good. They have been difficult so that hasn't made things as enjoyable as i wanted them to be

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is quite hard to find a photographer/videographer for the wedding! Most places do just video or just photography Smiley sad And when I do find one - they charge an arm and a leg!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics