Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Cliodhna
WeddingWire Admin January 2030 Galway

What’s been your least favourite part of planning?

Cliodhna, on November 11, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22

Planning a wedding is definitely not a walk in the park! If you could hand over one aspect of planning entirely to another person, what would it be? Be honest!

What’s been your least favorite part of planning?

Next Question: Have you gone over budget?

Back to the Beginning: Wedding Planning Confessions

22 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 25, 2019 at 11:38
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Figuring out the day of timeline and all the small details that go along with that.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sticking to the budget! I had to reign my spending in a few times! Not for essentials, just all these details things I thought about but glad my husband said no because I didn’t miss it day off!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Guest list. There has been enough drama fires I’ve had to put out before they’ve gotten out of hand that I’m sick of it
  • Kelly
    Curious February 2020 British Columbia
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The guest list for sure. I had this vision of having my wedding surrounded by my closest friends and family, and now it looks like I'm only going to really know maybe 25% of the people at my own wedding. My fiance has a huge family and we felt obligated to invite them all to avoid hurt feelings/drama so instead of a lot of the friends we would have loved to have there we have some relatives coming on both sides that we haven't seen in years and don't really have a relationship with. Oh well, at least I know it'll make his family and my family happy to have our extended family there so that's the important part!

• Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Waiting for quotes, negotiating prices with vendors (feeling guilty but also aware that it's kind of necessary), paying for it all 🤦‍♀️
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Waiting. Waiting on everything because I'm not even down to the one year mark. I know once I am I'll probably be wishing to be back at this spot but ugh...
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Im not sure theres nothing i havent not liked. but i guess waiting for emails back from vendors. i get so excited i wish they would respond sooner lol

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Navigating the situation that is my FH parents/in-laws regarding anything for the day-of.

They are all nice people and I am excited to have them in the family, but his mother and father divorced a long time ago. They are amicable, but the problem is with my FMIL and my FFIL's new wife (remarried about 5+ years ago). We went to a wedding with my FMIL and the entire time all she could talk about was divorce/reflecting all her experiences onto the newlyweds...This was HER nephew's wedding. I had to ask her to stop because redirecting the conversation wasn't working and it was making everyone uncomfortable (including her family and the newlyweds).

She has insisted repeatedly that FFIL new wife not be in any of the photos because that would be "stealing more family" from her...I am not guaranteeing that at all. They're all going to be family and there are going to be a lot of candid shots throughout the night too.

So yeah, sorry for a bit of a rant...but navigating the day of logistics and timeline creation with the situation is my least favorite part.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My least favorite part was *drum roll*... Managing people and their expectations.
    Constantly babying people and answering very stupid questions about the guest list, why so-and-so isn't invited, why aren't my kids invited, opinions about the ceremony/venue/choice of color.

• Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It’s 110% the guest list. We sent invitations to my FHs uncles and their wives that he hasn’t seen in 5+ years since “their kids invited FILs to their weddings.” So we sent those out and had 4 additional people, no big deal. 2 weeks after the invites were sent out, one uncle and aunt called FMIL and asked if they could bring their kids and their grandkids, adding 7 people to the list that FH hasn’t seen in 5-10 years. That was awkward, especially since I was the one who wanted to elope in England. Then my 17 yr old brother asking if he could have a plus one because he “may get a girlfriend before the wedding” never mind the fact that he’s never had a girlfriend, he knows at least 50% of the guests and he was listed on the invitation for my mom, not given his own. Gah, I wish we eloped. Money was an issue but then we decided to wait a year until the England honeymoon..

• Alyssa
    Curious October 2021 Ontario
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far it has been the etiquette. There are so many things that are expected that we don't necessarily have a choice in. Especially with the guest list, we are inviting so many more people who we don't see or talk to, that probably won't come but we still have to send an invite because otherwise there will be drama - again, unnecessary drama. I do understand that I do have a choice in this, however our decision is that we will just bite the bullet and just go with it. Additionally, the wedding shower and the stag. We don't really feel the need for it, however it is our family that wants to do this for us so how can we say no. Otherwise, everything has been great and we can't wait!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Wedding Social !! It's so much work!!!!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vendors who don't respond! Ugh I've ruled out so many vendors because of how long they take to get back to me, or if the way they respond is unprofessional.

Oh and phone calls! I would much rather chat with vendors via email so I have everything in writing instead of chatting on the phone with them. I'm going to start making my FH take the phone calls

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All of it. having to be in charge of all the planning is exhausting
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Spending the money. And talking about money so much.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually enjoyed every minute of planning. I think the family drama about guest lists, and having 2 showers vs. 1 was something I would like to do over and change. Maybe put my foot down more. I was all about pleasing people that sometimes it created drama!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dress shopping for my bridesmaids has been a monstrous pain in the ass. It's so tempting to explode and just tell them to wear whatever the heck they want. My mom even had to threaten my sister to get out shopping or she'd be sitting in the back row with the uncle nobody likes.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The guest list was definitely the biggest stressor for me while wedding planning - at least I ranted about it the most on WW lol.

When it wasn't trying to get my parents to stop inviting all their friends, it was figuring out plus ones, or if kids are allowed, etc. It also felt like we had an exception to every rule (i.e. 12 year cousin allowed even though there was no other kids under 16). Also, hunting down the RSVPs.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting food to eat or given to our room to enjoy some of the hor d'ouvres being served. The time passed by so fast not realizing it wasn't requested for a plate of variety to be brought to our room

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Family photos. We didn't get what we wanted so we had to improvise, then people started showing up and talking to us. Had I had someone else deal with the organization I think it would have gone smoother.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The timeline is being annoying right now because we have a particularly large gap which is good with us but probably annoying for our guests. The church only has select spots available so - we're kind of screwed regardless.

Then trying to herd family for pictures when we know some of FH's family is notoriously late... just stressful.

tenor.gif

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The fine details that we're getting into planning now are really stressing me. In particular, organizing how, when, where we're doing our photos this whole weekend has worried me endlessly because we had a meeting with our photographer on Saturday. For me the whole time there was no question that I didn't want us to see each other before I am walking down the aisle, meaning any photos that require both of us cannot be done until after the ceremony. I also am very worried and particular about also wanting to not leave guests hungry and waiting on us to start dinner. We have a cocktail hour with horderves , but I've been to a number of weddings where pictures have taken forever so even with horderves I was hungry and bored by the time we finally got dinner. i didn't want that for our guests. We had decided to get all the pictures that don't require both of us out of the way before the ceremony, but that means that immediate family needs to already be dressed and ready hours before the wedding even starts so you have to inform everyone and coordinate that and there's little things like 'how is grandma who doesn't drive getting there early for photos?' Then we wanted a receiving line which would take up more time between ceremony end and dinner and would leave less time for photos. We finally decided on table visits instead to have more time for photos and it's easier to keep table visits moving along efficiently than receiving lines. Then there's also the realization that we have a few people who are known for being late and not ready on time and how that one person can throw a wrench into everything and throw the timeline off.

tenor.gif

Sorry for the rant

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics