Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

What month are you getting married?

Kate, on August 21, 2023 at 09:22

Posted in Plan a wedding 115

I've checked out a few different websites and according to the data, September and October seem to be the most popular months (in Canada)to have a wedding! I was kind of surprised it was not right in the middle of summer but also not surprised because fall (at least in Ontario) is such a beautiful,...

I've checked out a few different websites and according to the data, September and October seem to be the most popular months (in Canada)to have a wedding! I was kind of surprised it was not right in the middle of summer but also not surprised because fall (at least in Ontario) is such a beautiful, comfortable, time of year and honestly, if we did not go with August, September would have been my 2nd choice!

June, July, and August fell 2nd with May and November next and the least popular time frame being December-April.

Where does your wedding month fall within these statistics? Did you end up choosing a popular month? or one of the least popular times and if so what made you choose that time of year? Also was there any time of year you were adamant on not choosing?

115 Comments

• Sara
    Newbie October 2023 Nova Scotia
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    October 21, 2023 in Nova Scotia. The leaves will be at their prime colours. It is going to be beautiful
  • J
    Newbie October 2023 Quebec
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    October 13th.. I'm a mess at this point 🤣
  • J
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    June 1st 2024 next year in Essex Ontario
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are right within such a beautiful time in Ontario! Smiley smile

• C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

September 30th, we originally wanted October 14th, but it was taken, so we took September 30th. Only reason is that he did not want to sweat during the wedding as he's naturally hot and I am naturally cold.

Fall is also beautiful for the colors and the background.

I got my hot pockets and a sweater in case I get cold.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha totally Smiley smile

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    “Wet winter-ish” is genuinely the best way to describe April weather in Ontario. Will forever be using this term to describe it 😄.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes and as it just so happens, the venue we chose is right on Lake Ontario so our pictures are going to be fabulous with the changing of the leaves

• Liberty
    VIP May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was actually perfect! Not too hot but warm! I was kinda stressing cause the year prior is was cold and freezing rain!
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh sounds like May definitely IS your month! Smiley heart How was the weather for your wedding?

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

October can have such a beautiful warm days! Smiley smile

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So good that you had your wedding last year, timing can be everything!

• Liberty
    VIP May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with May! We got engaged in Dec 2020 and knew getting married in 2021 would be too soon but we didn't want to wait too long into 2022. I'm really glad we ended up getting married in May cause May really is OUR month. We first met in May, we moved in together in May, we bought our house in May, one our cats bday is in May and we got 2 new kittens in May a week after our wedding!
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked October- not too hot and not cold enough to snow

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose August since the Okanagan gets the nice hot weather and we love the heat! But this year is a different story. Forest fires have taken over Kelowna Smiley sad
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's considerate of you guys to think of out of town guests during possible challenging winter weather. So helpful that you got to see your venue during the exact time of year as your wedding, that helps paint the picture for sure. I almost feel like October is more predicable than April, April can oddly still feel wet and winter-ish in Ontario lately lol.

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m also a little surprised that it isn’t summer.
    We originally picked April because it was far enough from our engagement but not too far. We went to look at our venue at the end of October last year and absolutely loved how it all looked, so we went ahead and changed it to October instead of April. Winter and summer were off the table immediately. Everyone is travelling so I didn’t want to risk a snowstorm, and we’re not a fan of the heat.
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love that! I can so see that time of year for the area and venue, great choice! Your day is coming up!! So exciting Smiley heart

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married in September. We knew we wanted fall for a few reasons: ideal weather (usually) in AB. Warm, but not too warm, and since we wanted an outdoor mountain wedding it was important not to cook our guests (so NO summer). Also NO winter because a) I did not want that vibe, I am not a winter girl, summer baby all the way and b) winter is expensive enough already! We chose September because we are getting married on a ski hill and they only do weddings until October, then they transition back to being all ski, no events. October is risky here, it might snow or it might be +20, so we went with the earlier, more predictable fall month.

I guess weather drove pretty much our entire decision when I look back at it Smiley xd

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics