Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What is your "something borrowed"?

Joey, on September 14, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15

On your wedding day will you carry a "something borrowed" to bring you good luck? Historically, this should be something borrowed from someone who is happily married, so that their good luck in love transfers to you. Is your borrowed item from a special couple, friend, or relative?

What is your "something borrowed"? 1

Photo by Photography by Sophia Lemon in Collingwood

15 Comments

Latest activity by Tracy, on September 16, 2018 at 22:54
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I borrowed a ring from my grandma that my grampa had bought her when they were very young. It was special because my grampa is no longer with us so I felt like I had a piece of him with me.
  • Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m borrowing my sisters veil 🙂
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love seeing this! My fiancé is 22 and I’m 27.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be wearing my great aunts drop pearl earrings.
  • Christine
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Christine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am borrowing pieces of my mothers' bouquet! Thank goodness she used artificial flowers Smiley smile
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I borrowed my grammy’s hanky and had it sewn in my dress, it’s also my something “old” Smiley laugh
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I borrowed the veil my mom and aunt wore! It will now be held for my cousin if she decides to wear it.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My MOH has a necklace that’s a Sapphire and it’s the same style as my engagement ring so that’s what I’ll be borrowing! (It’s also my something blue!)
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I borrowed a rosary (which was also my something blue) that belonged to a great-great-grandmother. It was weaved into my bouquet and I loved it!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be borrowing 2 things - My great grandmother's pearl necklace, and a handkerchief from my grandmother.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not fully sure. may borrow my best friends wedding veil. Her and her hubby have been married for 6 years. together for 13.

or I have a close family friend (that I call momma) and see what she has jewellery wise (she has some stunning pieces). and her and her husband have been married for almost 33 years. and really just have shown me what love is. to each other and to me as their "kid"

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My parents celebrated their 30th anniversary in July lol! My dad was 21 when he married my mom, who was 29 which gives me (24 at wedding) and my FH (30 at wedding) hope for our wedding!

We are borrowing their champagne toasting flutes and then passing them down for our future children's wedding. We are also using the same venue they had their reception in (they got married in a church, we're getting married at the venue's atrium).

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will be wearing one of my moms necklaces. She passed away when I was 15 and that was one of the pieces of jewelry my sister kept. She wore it for her wedding 5 years ago and will be letting me borrow it for my big day Smiley smile
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am borrowing my grandmother's diamond necklace and earrings Smiley smile

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Although my mom doesn't know it yet - I would very much love to wear her veil. Of course if by chance it's all worn out or she doesn't want me using it (no reason for that but you never know Smiley tongue), then I will see about wearing some of her earings perhaps? All I know is that I want to borrow something from my mom.

She has been married to my dad 30 years this coming Monday (17th) Smiley smile I look up to their marriage and hope that I will be as in love with my FH when we are that far into marriage as my mom and dad are.

It also gives me hope seeing as how my mom got married at 18 going on 19 and I will be 22 when I tie the knot.. most people I talk to say that getting married so young doesn't work out, but yet I have my parents to look at and my grandparents too! (Dad's side got married at 16 & ? and were together for 50+ years.)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics