Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What is the worst suggestion your future spouse has given regarding the wedding?

Joey, on April 17, 2019 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18

Yesterday we gave love to the best suggestions your future spouses have made regarding the wedding. But let's be honest - not all the ideas they've suggested have been winners. That's ok! This planning stuff is seriously hard and confusing!

Now that we've celebrated the best, let's have a little chuckle at the craziest ideas they've thrown out there. All meant with love and in good fun, of course Smiley heart

What is the worst planning suggestion your partner has made?

What is the worst suggestion your future spouse has given regarding the wedding? 1

Photo via @weddingwirecanada

18 Comments

Latest activity by BunnyBride, on September 7, 2019 at 11:21
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably the "case-to-case" judgement of deciding who could bring their kids rather than a no kids or all kids policy. This was a recipe for drama I saw coming a mile away...lol
    Note: In the end, we are going with an all kids policy.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say wanting someone at the guest book table. We had been to one wedding together and that is what they had. I had never been to a wedding before that where someone was at the guest book table. We ended up not having anyone there and everyone signed it!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

"Can't you just rent your dress?" ...

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My FH was of the same thought that he'd have so much time the day of the wedding and that he had nothing to do other than get dressed...which he said he could do about 15 minutes before Smiley xd .

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is very thoughtful! Being an English speaking only person, I find it extremely difficult to enjoy music of other languages. Yes, the beat would be one thing but you just can't really follow along. The English speaking people will much appreciate that.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH honestly thought he had time to go golfing the morning of the wedding. Thankfully, he told his mother this first and she was like "Hmmm I don't think so".

He told me this after their conversation and said that he realized it wasn't such a great idea, in case he was needed somewhere. He laughed when he saw the look on my face and said that it was confirmation enough that it wasn't a good idea Smiley xd haha.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He keeps joking that he'll order his suit a week before, part of me knows it's a joke, but since the suit is being tailored to him, he'll need to order way before the wedding.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He changed his mind AFTER deposits and payments had been made on our destination wedding. Sorry bud, but we're committed to having it destination now Smiley xd

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine originally wanted a destination wedding too but it's expensive and harder for people to travel.

• Joey
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wonderful DH hired an old grade school buddy as our DJ. The guy is in the music industry and has equipment and DH thought it would save money to hire this guy and his stuff and make our own playlist for him to play. Putting the playlists together took HOURS AND HOURS, and then the week of the wedding the guy bailed on us. DH hadn't gotten a contract either. We did get someone and it all worked out in the end, and I appreciate my DH's frugal nature, but a lot of time and worry would have been avoided if he'd chosen a pro from the start! Get contracts, even from friends, everyone!!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine was the same as Tori's- he wanted to do online invitations. A lot of the older people in our families don't know how to use a computer- plus I love the idea of mailing/receiving invitations and RSVPs and such.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the worst suggestion was that we play all Arabic music all night, because "almost all of the guests speak Arabic." Um, yeah.... almost all of his guests. Think he might have temporarily forgotten that about a third of the guests are my friends and family, who speak no Arabic at all. We (eventually) settled on a 50/50 split between Arabic and "English" music.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmm... this is a good one haha He said who cares about the decorations no need to decorate, people can wear jeans- this kills me and I will never let people wear jeans. I hate when people show up to wedding in jeans even when stated its formal event. To me I also want it to look nice and have some decorations. There was many other little small things but yea lol

• Joey
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww, that's so sad! I'm glad you talked him out of feeling that way and went through with your (beautiful) wedding!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm.... I would say the worst suggestion that my FH has given thus far would be to do online invitations.... Half of my family lives on a farm and of those - the majority don't even have computers... Other than that he gives good advice!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The repeating line of why are you getting married to me? He felt it wasn't worth it, yet he know he can't be with someone else. That being said, the fact he wanted to cancel the wedding after so much deposit and payments being gone for no reason. Hot headedness stopped and realized that anything done wasn't going to stop and go forward.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This was the exact same thing my FH wanted to have. And at first I was all for it, until we started telling family and not many were happy that they couldn't make it, including my 86 year old grandmother who wouldn't be able to enjoy the heat for a week! Having family around for our wedding was more important to me.

2 Week honeymoon is ok with me!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Having a destination wedding. It would not be possible for my grandparents, who are in their late 90s, to attend. This was super important for me. So, we are having a wedding at home and taking a 2 week Caribbean holiday to compensate and make both of us happy.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics