Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What is the strangest thing you've been asked about your wedding?

Joey, on December 5, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20

People can get a little nosey when they know you're planning a wedding. It's kinda sweet! They're excited for you! But of course this can lead to some awkward situations, and lots of probing questions. What is the strangest thing you've been asked about your wedding?

giphy.gif

20 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 18, 2017 at 11:37
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did get asked on many occasions what is the gift the MOD or welcome bags will be or have, what we are wearing and common questions. All my answers were "if i tell you, I'll have to serve you on a silver platter". Lol, they didn't ask again. Your FIL sounds very excited, yet anxious to be everywhere things happen with the 2 of you. I heard my parents say many things which wasnt coping with me. I wish you all the best.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know if I've been asked weird questions.. more so just sort of demands.

I called my dad to tell him we got engaged and the first thing out of his mouth was:

'Why didnt you call me when it was happening?' .... can you know, obviously I should have told FH to stop so I could speakerphone my dad.

He then followed it up with

'Can I tell the rest of the family instead of you?'

And THEN

'Oh and you can't get married in June 2018 cause thats when I was thinking of going on holiday'.. this bit was annoying cause we got engaged in June 2017 and had always talked about a June wedding.. now we're having a July one.

Love my dad but he's a pain.

• Lynsey
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree! That will never happen though Smiley smile I’m just thankful I don’t have both of our parents telling us what to do
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    "So then you'll soon get babies!?"
    "We don't really want children to be honest"
    "Nooooo, you guys should get a lot of babies! You both have big, big eyes so they would be so beautiful!"
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I wish these people would be more supportive of our decisions, instead of telling us what to do. Oh well.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably the weirdest thing I got asked was what our wedding date was after being engaged for less than a day. we didn't even choose a date until 2 months after we got engaged let alone 2 days!

• Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got asked or should I say told to Not have a Saturday wedding from my MIL because she works. We went with a Sunday wedding but not because of her. It just happens to be three years on the date we picked that we have been together. But she is happy.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah it was my godmother and she is rather forward all the time so I'm used to it.
    We were originally talking about getting married Spring 2018 since it would have been just over a year engaged and stuff (got engaged last Christmas). Since we both like fall so much, my husband convinced me we could totally get our wedding planned for Fall 2017 so we decided to pick a date that was in the fall. This threw everyone off since we had been talking about 2018 lol. I'm sure more people had the same thought but didn't say anything to us lol

• Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve had numerous people tell me not to change my last name (3 times it came from divorced people who are bitter at the hassle of changing things back)
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Someone that is a client of mine (and not a close client / relationship) asked what my budget is and if I’ve gone over it 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend (one of my bridesmaids) asked if I thought I was missing out on anything by getting married.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Been asked:
    1) are u planning to have kids?
    - not planning to!

2) enagaged in 2015...why 2018 wedding?
    - 8 is a lucky number in Chinese culture.
  • Shaina
    Frequent user April 2019 Ontario
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing really... yet. I know it's gonna happen though.
    I will say that when DFs dad told a couple of his family members one of them started asking about when we're having more kids and stuff, I kind of got the feeling that she thinks I'm pregnant and that that's the reason we got engaged because she just kept trying to push the topic.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yikes. Well I suppose that's one less person you need to worry about inviting! I happen to really love my FH's last name, and it's four letters like my last name is so it still fits really nicely.

I haven't had anything too probing just yet, but we'll see where the next two years take us!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got a lecture on how anti-feminist my choice to take my husband's last name is. They got an earful on what it means to be a feminist. Let's just say that we don't talk much anymore.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The oddest thing I was asked, well more a statement. I get all the time, but you're so young! But then they talk to me and realize I'm mature for my age lol
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg!!! Someone actually asked you that?? So forward!!!!
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well I just started planning, soo we will see where this could take us. Hopefully we don’t encounter any crazy questions
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was asked if I could make sure certain people were seated with their backs to each other....wasn't really about us, but it was a bit strange.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the oddest thing we got asked is if I was pregnant as we were having a short engagement (9 months 5 days).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics