Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What is the most surprising RSVP you've received?

Lynnie, on June 18, 2018 at 10:26 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26

What is the most surprising RSVP you've received so far?

Is it a guest who RSVPed yes who you thought would be a definite no? An RSVP that can back blank? Or the dreaded RSVPing for extra uninvited guests? Which RSVP has surprised you the most?

What is the most surprising RSVP you've received? 1

Next Question: What has been the most surprisingly stressful part of planning?

To start from the beginning, click here: Wedding Planning Surprises

26 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 18, 2018 at 01:07
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did online RSVPs so they can not do this

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve only gotten one extra plus one, but it’s with the people who offered us their land for our ceremony and their cabins, shop, and home to get ready in.. I’ve heard that they’ve spent roughly 10,000 dollars on flowers and stuff so im definitely overlooking it! lmao
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

His dad's cousin said no. They were close to family and they live in Mexico. And they were really looking forward to the wedding I had save the dates done almost 9 months prior and invites sent out 6 months prior....

• Brenda
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sending our invites yet... I guess I should be prepared for some plus-one surprises!

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One of my single friends asked on the actual day of the wedding if she could bring a date she met online, i was so miffed i can't believe some people. The funny thing is she only gave us tea towels as a gift, and she was expecting me to let her bring a plus one on the of my wedding.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The dreaded plus one.... We invited a girl who was VERY single but still wrote in a plus one. I tried to tell her that we didn't have room for more people but continued to talk about this stupid plus one she was bringing. She told me 2 weeks before the wedding that she no longer required the plus one, even though I told her numerous times not to bring one lol

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The one we received with no name on it! We later realized that a friend of mine and her husband never received their invitation, even though it was sent out with everyone else’s. I think it went to the wrong house and they opened it, and sent back a fake RSVP. Everyone else was accounted for, so it must be haha!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The most surprising RSVP ever received was from an acquaintance that i don't talk to for years. My husband sent a late invite and she accepted and really showed up. Mt worst nightmare ever! She followed me for the most part and never said a word to her until today.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My fiance would do the exact same thing! I did the sample RSVP for ours so I said yes!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haven't sent the invites yet but I'm sure we'll get a least one crazy request on the RSVP
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We haven’t sent our invites yet but when showing my fiancé the website for his opinions he RSVP’d. His answer was “No”
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's too funny! It's a good thing there was a return address, or it would just be "wait to the end and see who's missing" Haha
  • Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We received an RSVP that was completely blank! No name, no meal selection, not even a "yes" or "no"!! The only thing they put on the RSVP was a return address label on the envelope, so at least we knew who it was from! Smiley laugh

When we asked the guest they said they must've been so excited that they just mailed it back without remembering to fill anything out! 😂

• Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw that's so sweet!! Smiley heart

• Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sweet!! That's awesome!

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our biggest surprise so far was that my fiancé's grandfather said yes. He later said that it will depend on his health at that point, but considering the fact that he's almost 95 and lives 2 hours away, we never even expected to consider coming.

FH is delighted with the news, since he's his only grandparent left, and he couldn't make it to the last family wedding in January.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No invites = no RSVPs....

I guess my surprising part is that my future in-laws recently said we should cut a bunch of his extended family... pretty much gave us their blessing to save hundreds of dollars on people we shouldn't care about having there.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The most surprising RSVPs we’ve gotten so far are definitly from my aunts. My dad has 5 sisters, but he only talks to 1 of them due to family drama. He had asked me if I would mind sending all of them an invite, as an olive branch of sorts, and I had said of course not! We only thought maybe 2 or 3 of them would come, especially since 2 of them live two provinces away. But to our surprise, all 5 have said they will be there...
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't sent our invites just yet, as our wedding is in September of 2019. I'm terrified by what we might receive, as I've heard so many horror stories from extra plus ones, people leaving the card totally blank, etc.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a few surprises with our RSVPs. My cousin decided to RSVP that she was bringing her boyfriend (whom she wasn't dating when she was invited and she didn't ask if she could have a plus one) , we had one of my husband's elderly aunts originally say yes and then actually decided after all not to come and we had one of the groomsmen ask if he could bring a plus one about 8 weeks out from the wedding.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our rsvp’s were online and my brother entered in “Connor McCrosby” as attending and bringing 723.5 guests!
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our Best Man/Groom's brother, RSVP'd that he was bringing a Plus One, but no name!

We had to chase him for a month to get a name. He's been on and off dating a girl for the past 2 years so we expected it to be here, but nope, it's a random girl we've never met! Pretty shocking.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't have any surprises on my RSVPs.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are sending out our invitations today so we haven't gotten RSVP's yet but I hand delivered some to co workers and they said maybe and yes and I was so surprised. The wedding is almost 3 hours away from where I work. They are making a weekend out of it and staying in hotels. Made me feel so special!

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My grandfather wants to come! Since his age and coming all the way from the Netherlands I didn't expect him to come at all but he apparently was an immediate yes. I'm super happy about it
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was only verbal as we have yet to send out invites - but when we mentioned that the wedding was to be adults only some people gave us a funny look and said "well now how are we going to make it?"... like? use a babysitter? get the other side of your family that isn't invited to the wedding to take care of them?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics