Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MJay
Beginner October 2018 Quebec

What is the moh responsible for

MJay, on November 17, 2017 at 07:21 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Hi all!
My FH and I got engaged and set our date this past summer. My cousin then gets engaged after and sets her date about two months before my wedding. I am to be her maid of honor and am very excited to do that! My fear is that her wedding being right before mine is going to cause me stress before my wedding day. What are my roles as the MOH? I think she wants me to plan her an engagement party, a wedding Shower, and her bachelorette party. As a bride, I don't expect any if these things to be planned for me. What are your expectations?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on November 22, 2017 at 16:33
  • Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just explain to her since your wedding is right after hers that she shouldnt expect a whole lot so that you have time to do your own wedding.

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am just like you, I don't expect anything from my bridesmaids and MOH either. I think the MOH can help you with any decor you need if your D.I.Ying your wedding, or they can come with you to different vendors to hear different ideas or receive input. But remember bride is different, its great to communicate these to your MOH just so that you guys are on the same page.

Have fun planning Smiley smile

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I haven't really talked much to my MOH about my expectations for her. I guess I should do that! I'm hoping she'll make a speech, sign as a witness, and throw a shower (but my mom can throw that for me if she can't)
  • MJay
    MJay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone for the words of wisdom and for sharing your experiences! I really appreciate it more than I can say.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with talking to her about what she expects you to do as MOH. I also think you can lean on the other bridesmaids to plan the engagement party, bachelorette, and shower, if she wants all of those planned.

Me personally, FH and I told MOH/best man they were in charge of problems on the wedding day, they would sign the legal stuff, and we would like them to do a speech/toast. She offered to do the bachelorette. Someone else offered to do the engagement party, and my aunt the shower.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont have many expectations of my MOH.... I dont want an engagement party or a shower... So i am hoping my MOH will plan my bachelorette, but i know my bridesmaids want to help plan so it wont be too much work for any one of them. Aside from that they just need to show up to the wedding and look pretty like they always do Smiley winking
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Silly autocorrect! I changed that for you, Megan Smiley smile

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would sit down and talk to her about her expectations. Maybe letting her know that with your wedding so close to hers, it may be a bit overwhelming to be doing so much planning. I stood as MOH in 2 weddings one summer so I took a more of a tag-team approach with the bridal party -I made sure I knew what the bride's wishes were and then I recruited help with tasks when I needed it and it worked out pretty well.

My mom planned my shower and my girls planned my bachelorette and my husband and I planned our engagement party since we were hosting it.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on the person. I know that I basically planned everything because my bridesmaids both live far away. I think you can totally ask for help from other members of the bridal party seeing as you are also a bride-to-be yourself.

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on her personal preference. For my I am a type A personality so more than likely I will help plan the bridal shower and bachelorette ( want it to be more about hanging out with friends than the typical "last night of freedom") I am sure since she knows you will be stressed with your wedding she will be considerate and make sure you do t have to plan all of those big events yourself :-)
  • MJay
    MJay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    And by MPH I meant MOH. Oh autocorrect...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics