Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Anastasia
Beginner September 2018 Ontario

What if i want things that aren't at a registry store?

Anastasia, on December 24, 2017 at 11:45 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
My fiance and I have been living in our own for a while and have a lot of things that we need. While we'd benefit from a registry at a place like Bed Bath and Beyond, there are also things we'd like that aren't offered at a "registry store".
Thoughts?

15 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 5, 2018 at 13:48
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha thanks. I guess I'll keep it in mind.

• Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Well, my registry.com works for baby showers as well Smiley winking
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for asking this because I have been wondering too! We won't be buying a house until after the wedding and although we would appreciate things from Bed Bath and Beyond or something like that, we just do not have the space or storage for a whole bunch of gifts and there are other things that we could put on the registry this way. Awesome!

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have to agree with myregistry.com. I took the recommendation from this thread, opened an account and it's been a blast! We don't have much since we don't really need anything but it makes it super convenient for my friends who are out of town, even family and friends here with us. We've it up for three days so far and two friends have bought items!

I love that you can see who purchased the item so you can write your thank you cards as you receive the gifts. I also love how simple it is to add items to the registry. Really, cannot recommend it enough.
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just started an account with myregistry.com and so far it's been great! As a lot of my family is from a smaller town with no mall it was great to be add things from stores such as Walmart & Canadian Tire that they are familiar with and keep it all on one website for us!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We created a public Wish List on Amazon and put the link on our wedding website.

I wish I had known about all these online registry companies prior to getting married though.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Myregistry.com is awesome because you can create a registry of things that aren't actually at stores. you can add gift cards to it, create funds for house projects or the honeymoon. you can also add things from any store so you dont have to use just one. and if there's something you want that isn't at a specific store, you can upload a picture or description and it still works like a regular item from walmart for example.

• Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good to know. Thanks for sharing I didn't know that these websites existed. There are things we wanted from Canadian Tire and a few other stores that aren't at bed, bath and beyond.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is awesome, I've heard awesome reviews about this site! Definitely going to check it out!
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Smiley heart I think this is the route I'm going to go

• Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's perfect! thanks for the tip! My friend is getting married in Canada but currently lives in Scotland so this will be perfect for her as well!

• Dana
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re also using myregisry.com! Highly recommend it
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Use an online registry with the things you need and people can get it from any store. Friends told us about just1registry.com

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're using myregistry.com. You can register things from literally any site you want to!

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Maybe for those things you can tell your close friends and relatives about them and I guess hope for the best from there.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics