Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

What does your guest list look like?

Amanda, on January 9, 2022 at 13:15

Posted in Plan a wedding 55

Are you hosting a huge bash or a more intimate celebration? Are your invites going to mainly friends, or family? How did you decide on the number of guests? I know everything with covid has changed a lot of couples plans My fiance and I are having only close friends and immediate family attending...

Are you hosting a huge bash or a more intimate celebration? Are your invites going to mainly friends, or family? How did you decide on the number of guests? I know everything with covid has changed a lot of couples plans

My fiance and I are having only close friends and immediate family attending our big day. No extended family, cousins of cousins etc. We both wanted a small wedding no matter what plus having our wedding in a different province made that choice so much easier! Our total number is 68

cfb_71698.jpg

55 Comments

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I think it's just the right amount of people.

I totally agree with you! We bought our home almost 2 years ago so I totally understand where you're coming from. They're not cheap and putting a wedding on top of that isn't easy either!

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lovely number.
    My husband and I wanted a small inexpensive wedding as well. We put down on a house, so it only made sense to keep it nice as small as well. We had no more than 60 at ours. It was really lovely. Would do it all over again with the people that we had there.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's totally understandable. Weddings aren't cheap!
  • Jacquie
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Jacquie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a small wedding. Not sure if it's small enough to be considered a micro-wedding, but 40 people including us. We've mainly done this due to costs. But also because I'm not really big on large crowds. If we had all the money in the world I don't think I would ever go over 75 guests.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me neither!!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really hope so. I don't want to plan any more 😆
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a good idea to have different plans for different situations with this pandemic. We also have this in place just incase we are stuck with only 50 people for our summer wedding

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We didn't want to go over 100 either! 70 people is a great number and crossing my finger for you, myself and other brides this spring and summer that we're able to have our full guest list

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were originally around 250 but once covid hit, we came up with different plans depending on what the gathering limits are. In the end, we cut anyone who was out of our geographical area and limited family invites to certain members. My wife's family is huge and inviting all of them would have meant none of our friends would be able to attend. In the end, we had 65 at our wedding.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We never wanted to go past 100 people to invite so we booked our venue with that in mind. We did invited all our family which actually isn't too terrible. FH is only child. I have one sister I talk to and I am not close to my father. So we have fairly small families. We only invited about 85 people including children. We have about 15-20 friends each and the rest is family. With children we have 70 people
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel the exact same way!! This community has been wonderful ❤
  • Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely! On a random note, I am just loving this wedding wire community! Sure we have lots of friends/family that have gotten married and can provide advice, but sometimes a strangers advise is so valuable! So thanks everyone Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wouldn't we all! but sometimes limiting how many guests is a good thing in a way

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh yes something like that needs to be done. Oh my gosh! I can't even imagine sending an invite even though you know for sure that they're not coming

• Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep, it’s hard but got to do it! Unfortunately our relationship has basically been all throughout Covid so he hasn’t gotten to meet a lot of people. We have been together two years.
    My family has lived in New Zealand and I lived there for a bit so lots of friends there. My mom keeps saying, “well they aren’t going to come but you should still send them an invitation”. Sorry but no, and also, postage is expensive haha. I’ll send them a Christmas card lol
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I personally hate when parents get involved with the guest list when the couple is paying for it themselves. My fiance and I had the same situation when my FMIL. She wanted to have the guests that my fiance hardly even knew maybe met once or twice and we had to out our foot down with her and let her know that sorry but we're only have these pacific people and that is it.

• Katie
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having around 140 people (hopefully no more lol). We both have large extended families, so it will mainly be family and a few of our close friends.
    95% of my family is in Ireland so I know a lot won’t be able to make it. Now my mom just needs to stop adding people! I’ve unfortunately had to out my foot down since my fiancé and I are paying for the wedding ourselves.
  • R
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Rere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, yes I am okay with that I always wanted a small wedding, but I would like to add a few more people lol.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know covid has defiantly changed the amount of guests so much. I think you'll have a great time with that small amount of people no matter what Smiley heart

• R
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Rere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a very small wedding, we really like our venue which does micro weddings. We are only aloud 18 people because of covid. I think there max is like 30 or 40. So hopefully by our wedding date we can add a few more people, but it still will only be 25 people. Just close family and close friends.
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too! Allows more time to enjoy the guests
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I personally think smaller the better!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a fairly small wedding. Our guest count is 60 people. Close family and friends only

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics