Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maddy
Frequent user June 2017 Ontario

What colour will be your wedding shoes?

Maddy, on September 9, 2016 at 19:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 25

Hi community! Smiley smile I admit I have a thing for red shoes... I think they go well with everything and because I wear them often - almost everyday - people often ask me I'm a fan of the Wizard of Oz Smiley laugh ... but for the wedding, I was thinking I should go for something more subtle, but I don't like the idea of wearing white shoes... so I'm looking for other ideas. What color will be your wedding shoes?

25 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly, on September 22, 2016 at 15:04
  • Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My shoes will be an off white same as my dress

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like the picture on the left and top right. They are beautiful. Since my wedding is in the summer, I would choose the top right shoes since they are open toes.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Natalie Smiley heart Welcome to the community!

I'm really happy to see you participate in this discussion. You're the first bride in the community who is going for a tea length dress and I think it's a wonderful idea! Smiley love

Since you're 12 months ahead for your wedding, I thought you'd like to have a look at this checklist to help you in your preparation. Smiley smile

Checklist: Things to Do 12 months before the wedding

You could also have a look at these discussions and tell us if you like the new trends for 2017.

Wedding Dress Trends for 2017

Writing I Do on your wedding shoes. Yes or No?

Looking forward to read your comments!

Have you already started dress shopping?

• Natalie
    Newbie October 2017 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm probably going to go for a tea length dress, so killer shoes are a must as they will be on show! I'm thinking of navy for the BM dresses, so I'll probably go with navy shoes to match them and pull the colours together. Early days yet, so lots of time to pick something.

Good luck with your search!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Amanda, I absolutely love your colour boots and it has such a beautiful meaning on your pick. So romantic! Smiley heart

Actually I created this topic for you Smiley winking

8 ideas for a cowboy theme wedding

There are a lot of ideas you are gaoing to love ¿do you? let me know Smiley laugh

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are welcome Maddy!Smiley smile cheers Smiley heart
  • Maddy
    Maddy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks simone!! that's sooo kind of you!! Smiley love i really appreciate it Smiley heart Smiley heart

• Maddy
    Maddy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds good, i'll let you know Smiley smile

and if you come up with good high heels ideas that are comfortable let me know too Smiley winking

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are so cute, I was going to make my own ribbon laces, but I may have to hunt down something with the date on them now! Also, just looked for those laces on Etsy... the shipping is ASTRONOMICAL!!! I almost fell out of my chair... looks like I'll have to find a DIY for that

I'm SO excited about the shoes, I got "I DO" stiched on the backs, and I'm swapping out the lace up in the back of my dress for some purple lace up to match the shoes (and my wedding colours)

Wedding Shoes!

Wedding Shoes!

Wedding Shoes!

Wedding Shoes!

• Amanda
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's your day and if you love red shoes I think that is what you should wear, hands down! Especially if they are something that you wear everyday - it's part of who you are. Plus, what's wrong with a pair of loud wedding shoes?

My wedding shoes are cowboy boots, the first thing my finace ever bought me - and also happen to be one of the colours (my favourite colour). I lucked out in that they are both my something old and something blue. Smiley winking

My Wedding Shoes

My Wedding Shoes

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Richelle Smiley heart

You can have a look at the bridal stores on our website. They also sell accessories like shoes and you might just find the perfect pair. Smiley smile

Wedding Dresses Toronto

Do you prefer red shoes like these or the white ones I showed below? Smiley smile

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Maddy, red is a beautiful color and it is very verstile. Blue and silver are also a colors to pair together. Don't worry, just try them out and whatever you choose, I am sure you will look fabolous. Smiley smile

• Richelle
    Curious July 2017 Ontario
    Richelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Emilie i like these type of flat shoes. but more of a shiny satin look. let me know if you know of anywhere that sells white or red satin shoes. that are flat like this one

• Richelle
    Richelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes red and white. If you find any red or white satin flat shoes that are comfortable to be in let me know

• Maddy
    Maddy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi richelle, welcome to the community!! i love your idea! flats are way more comfortable. i'm still hesitating if i should wear high heels or flats but i'd prefer high heel for the style. are red and white your wedding colours?

• Maddy
    Maddy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi valerie, my colour is silver.... which literally goes with everything!! i guess that's also why i can't really decide... maybe i'll also have to see what my other accessories or decorations are like

• Maddy
    Maddy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks simone! i also considered blue for my wedding shoes and my colour is silver so i'm wondering if i should go for something like that too.... waiting to see what my other accessories will be like... but i also like the red Smiley ups i can't choose! i'll try a few pairs this weekend see what i can find

• Maddy
    Maddy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks so much everyone for suggestions!! i appreciate it soooo much!!! Smiley love Smiley love I think I will go for high heels... although i'm scared my feet will hurt so i really have to find a good pair!!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Richelle! Smiley heart

It's always important to feel comfortable in your shoes for dancing Smiley winking What kind of dance will be your first dance? Are you taking any dance lesson?

I also found these ideas for white shoes in the Real Wedding section.

Would you go for something more elegant like the first one or sports like the second one?

Flat Ivory Wedding Shoes from Shawn and Lisa's wedding

Flat Ivory Wedding Shoes

White Sports Shoes Wedding from Bryn and Natasha's wedding

White Sports Shoes Wedding

I'm curious to see the red details on your dress! You could create a discussion in the My Wedding Dress group and show us how it looks like. Smiley smile It's a group that only brides can have access to and would give great ideas to other brides!

Did you find your accessories to go with your dress?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Simone! Smiley heart

That's a great idea! I also love the blue shoes as the "something blue". Smiley smile

You could have gold shoes with sparkles, opened shoes, jewel accessory on your shoes, there are so many things you can choose from in gold! It's such an elegant colour! Here are some ideas I found.

Gold Wedding Shoes Ideas

Gold Wedding Shoes Ideas

Which one do you prefer? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Valerie! Smiley heart

I like the idea of "non-traditional" shoes! It's so great that you could have custom shoes! Does it have anything written on it like your wedding date?

I thought you might also like this idea Smiley smile

Custom Wedding Shoelaces

Custom Wedding Shoelaces

You should also take a look at this game I made, it's quite fun, I think you'd like it Smiley smile

You're getting married today... the game!!!

Will you have other custom accessories for your bridal look?

Image: Pinterest

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Maddy! Smiley heart

I love red shoes too Smiley love I think there are so many different ideas of shoes you could wear for your wedding day. Some people will have their something blue as there shoes, or something old.

I think you could also wear red wedding shoes. There are different tones you could go for like these, which are more elegant and would go very well with your silver colours.

Dark Red Shoes

Dark Red Shoes

Or this pair, which is brighter and could give a more casual look.

Bright Red Shoes

Bright Red Shoes

I think you will also like this discussion for ideas to customize your wedding shoes Smiley winking

Writing I Do on your wedding shoes. Yes or No?

Do you want to wear high heels or flat shoes?

• Richelle
    Richelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be wanting to go with very comfortable satin shoes that are flats as my first dance has a lot of movement in it. i plan on going with ivory, white or red to go with the re part of my white wedding dress

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh I'm going SUPER non-traditional and got custom purple and teal Nikes (I'm so NOT a "heels girl"). But I've always personaly loved the idea of adding a pop of colour to my dress with the shoes, so it's not like BAM in your face, but still shows that flash of you.

Maybe you could get some heels with a red sole, so that you still have your "signature" red, but you can be more subtle about it.

What are your wedding colours? I've seen photos with the bride and bridal party from like the waist down and the bride lifting her dress to show her shoes match the bridesmaids dress colour and it's REALLY cute.

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Maddy,I will be looking for gold wedding shoes to go with the colour I choice. Do you have any colours that you like? I knew some brides have gotten blue shoes for the "something blue" look.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics