Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

What colour suits?

Stephanie, on January 2, 2018 at 13:55 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 19

Hi all,

Just wondering what colour of suits you are all going with. Black? Grey? White?

What about shirts and ties? Same colour as each other, different colours from your theme?

My fiance is actually the one deciding this but I'm just looking for suggestions for him!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Summer, on January 5, 2018 at 19:58
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we are going to do blank pants, white collared shirt, purple tie with a black vest. My MIL will be sewing some floral designs into onto the vests. I don’t really think my FH needs to wear a suit!
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our colours are dusty blue, seafoam blueish/green, blush pink, and grey. The groomsmen are going to wear grey, the bridesmaids are wearing 'cornflower blue'. I think we are going to go with bow ties for the guys either to match the girls or in the other blue/green colour. I think I will have my flower girls in the blush pink.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah haha but we won't be going down that root

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I like this idea! My friend did something similar--her husband was in a full suit and the groomsmen were in dress shirts and ties. I like the look of the vests though so I'm hoping my fiance likes it as well. I want him to look different from the others.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's cute! I do want my fiance to look different than the groomsmen so I'm thinking different shade suits or leaving out the jackets on the guys.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm actually not a fan of white suits. I'm glad my fiance hasn't even joked about this!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's my thought as well! I want my fiance's suit to be different from the groomsmen!

• Dawn
    Frequent user July 2018 Ontario
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're thinking navy blue suits, white shirts, and green ties. My FH is also in charge of this decision, but I hope he will match the ties to the colour swatch from the Bridesmaid’s dresses.
  • Samantha
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a dark grey almost black with midnight blue ties! My husband will wear the full suit and the groomsmen will just have the vests
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Currently my FH is going with All Black with a flower that matches the purple in the girls dresses. But I wish he would at least go with a matching tie to the colour I chose (Regency Purple).

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we got engaged the ONLY thing I was adamant about was that I wanted my FH in a light grey suit. He was wearing a light grey suit the first time I met him so it meant a lot to me lol.

Our colours are grey, white and yellow so it works out.

The groom will be wearing a light grey suit and the groomsmen will be in charcoal grey suits.

ALL of them will have white shirts, yellow ties and pocket squares.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a cream colour suit as my husband wore black colour itself.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably going traditional black. We did joke how my FH should wear a white suit, as I'm not in white so one of us might as well be! hahaha but I don't think he was quite fond of the idea after thinking hard about it.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are all over the place with this! As of right now, we think we are going with groomsmen in grey or black suit pants, white shirt and vests, ant the groom in same pants and shirt but a jacket no vest. Or.. all in same grey or black pants, white shirt, groomsmen with either vest or no vest and groom in suspenders.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé is going to wear the classic black suit with a black vest and tie. He originally wanted his groomsmen in black suits with a blue vest and tie, but I’m trying to convince him to have his groomsmen wear dark grey. I think it’d make him stand out with his boys in a similar way my white dress makes me stand out with my girls. I want him to stand out too! The day is for both of us. I just have to convince him of this! Haha
  • Samantha
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is wearing a navy blue suit with a silver vest and grey shirt, with a blue patterned tie and brown belt and shoes. Our colours are navy blue, white and silver, and our theme is a bit more laid back and rustic so we didn’t want to do black. Grey suits I find are timeless if you don’t want to do colour, or maybe he could wear a vest that is a pop of colour Smiley smile
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband wore a dark grey 3 piece suit and the groomsmen wore black suits. They all wore white shirts. Groomsmen wore red and black striped ties to match the bridesmaids and my husband wore a black tie with tiny red polka dots on it.

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé is going to be wearing a navy blue suit. Our venue is very rustic and we didn’t want to be like others we wanted to stand out a bit.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m thinking charcoal. Prob same colour shirts and ties. If we do anything different it’ll be tie probably!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics