Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maggnard-Smanta
Devoted July 2022 Quebec

What are your opinion on party favors? Do you plan on having them?

Maggnard-Smanta, on January 4, 2022 at 11:30 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 67
I honestly don't know what do give out as party favors! I want something the guest can keep and remember. We have a videobooth, but I was wondering if it was necessary to give out something else.

I have no idea!
What are you girls doing? I know some people don't give them at all.

67 Comments

Latest activity by Maggnard-Smanta, on February 27, 2022 at 10:29
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes lots of different opinions!
  • katiekies
    Curious May 2023 British Columbia
    katiekies ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen a lot of sites say that wedding favours aren't necessary, especially if you're wanting to save money or put the money towards something else in the budget ... that being said, I totally get it: you have all these people coming, you want to give them SOMETHING, right?

I'm planning to do a candy table - it's one of the cheapest options for favours, and with all the out-of-town guests we have I figured they could take the candy to snack in their hotel room or on the car/plane ride back home.

I don't know how many people actually keep wedding favours ... I figured this would make more people happy (especially with how many kids are on our guest list).

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Repurposing and mason jars. Love it!
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good for you! I totally get it budget wise. You did well! Mason jars are useless! I l know I would use it haha
  • Leanne
    Beginner April 2024 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are ordering shot glass mason jars and my MOH is going to customize them for us with our wedding date. We were also thinking of putting each guests name on them and also using it as "name cards" for the tables
  • Carly
    Frequent user May 2022 British Columbia
    Carly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had big plans to do a combo of 2 sauces (hot sauce and honey) “something sweet, and bring the heat, together makes a tasty treat) but budget wise to include another $500 or so thing just didn’t make sense for us, so instead I changed it up.
    I’m actualy combining a few things and taking the mason jar water glasses (which were already collected) and multi purposing with the place settings and circuit cutting the guests name as well as a small wedding date on the bottom. Guests can use it for the night (or not :b) and take it home. Rather than spending an extra $4.50 or so a person (in the sauces, plus still doing placecards) I’m taking my $.25 mason jar glasses plus the cost of the Cricut
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is creative! It's a sweet touch. Good for you ☺️
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is great! Both are nice touches ☺️
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancee came up with a VERY creative idea! As we both live to cook & entertain, and my fiancee and her sister are experts at scrapbooking, we decided to create a mini cookbook covering our favorite recipes. As we couldn't have our date nights with the epidemic going on, we experimented with a number of new & different recipes and decided to put them together for the cookbook. We are including a bit of everything - vegetables, meat/poultry, desserts and even drinks. The books will be waiting at the table for each guest/family.
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As we are going through the booking process we have hired a photo booth which will give everyone a photo - favour # 1! As well, we are having a massive sweet table and since we are staying at the hotel that night we will have giftboxes available for any one to take home extra goodies to eat at home....

• Kim
    Devoted June 2022 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am all about wine, so we're going to be giving our guests bottles of wine that we bottled ourselves! They have custom labels on them as well to note the date.

Worst case scenario, if people leave them behind, I'll happily take them home Smiley xd

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Vinod! 😊
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Indian wedding do give some nice gifts though it doesn't get used all the time. Dishes or something crystal is given as a simple token of Thank you. We gave a crystal motive trealight holder placed under a Thank You card.

My eldest brother got married back in 2000 and they gave nice box of 6 champagne glasses as favours.

Other options I have seen are donations to a charity you support and your guests can do the same under your name as a gift. Edibles are an easy way of letting your guests enjoy something sweet during the party or at home.

You two share something special otherwise you feel is there to give as a favour, do it as it means that much to you to share.

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Cool! Something edible and the photobooth go great together.
  • Lizzy
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Lizzy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That’s what we’re thinking of as well: photo booth and football cookies for our theme 🙂

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Really a nice idea!
  • Chantell
    Beginner November 2022 Ontario
    Chantell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancée & I booked a vintage photobooth & our party favors is Hot Sauce. We wanted something that the guest can enjoy. We both come from European backgrounds & they love their hot sauces Smiley laugh

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tea is really nice!
  • Maude
    Curious March 2022 Ontario
    Maude ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing tea favours, since my fiance and I love tea. And everyone coming knows we love tea. I personally think favours should be something they will actually use, not just a trinket that goes on a shelf. Love the idea of photo booths as well that some of you have!

Happy wedding planning Smiley smile
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's sound like a great balance 😊
  • A
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Amy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing a photo booth and a candy table. Something for people to remember the night and something sweet to leave with.
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is really thoughtful of you both!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a photo booth/ video booth is a great substitute for a physical favor, another option worth spending money on would be an editable favor, anything else is not worth spending money on in my opinion.
  • Rebecca O
    Curious May 2022 Saskatchewan
    Rebecca O ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are donating $100 each to two different charities that we’ve chosen, and putting the donation under “Mackey/Olson wedding guests”. We thought we would personally rather give that money to a charity then try to figure out what to send everyone home with haha
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's a great idea!
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is super cute!
  • Tori
    Newbie October 2023 Ontario
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing them. Our venue is a sugar bush so little maple syrup bottles is what our guest will receiving.
    (We’ve decided on the maple leaf shaped bottle)
    What are your opinion on party favors? Do you plan on having them? 1

• Jesslcabon
    Jesslcabon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not doing favours. We are hiring a photo booth that prints unlimited pictures - that will be their souvenir lol
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Valid points there. More savings is better!
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow ok... Didn't know favors weren't that popular tbh
  • Janel
    Beginner July 2022 Alberta
    Janel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No favors here. I don't see the point in them and i agree a lot get left at the table. I don't even remember anyone's favors honestly.

• Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also not doing favors. I've heard also that guests don't really care too much about them and why spend the time and money on something that we really don't need to do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics