Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Newbie June 2019 Ontario

Wedding theme

Michelle, on December 29, 2017 at 21:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
I would love input about the colours I chose. I chose Grey, White and Yellow. I can't decide plus the venues are all expensive so I'm thinking about a community center

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 7, 2018 at 21:50
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The colour choice are very nice to give tje look you're after.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think those colours will go well together and you can take them in many different directions.

• M
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your colours are perfect for your wedding. I got my theme from Pinterest.
  • M
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. Your comment has definitely helped me with my colours, also if you know of any community center in Brampton or Mississauga or banquet hall that I can bring in my own caterer would help me a lot
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think that your colours will look great together and also they give you lots of freedom in both flowers and center pieces.

I also pretty much agree with what’s been said earlier. Community centres can be cheaper, but you have to do all the work, from renting furniture to cleaning and tear down. I am not sure whether hiring a coordinator and a cleaning team would result to the wedding being as expensive as in any other venue though. For instance, we are having an intimate 60 people wedding, so when I put the numbers down from several quotes I had received, I figured out that a community hall would only be approximately 1000 cheaper, but I didn’t want to have to stress about everything for that much money.

Maybe with a bigger guest list, the numbers start being significantly different?

In any case, finding a venue was the only thing that was stressing me out till it was done, so I totally feel you. Happy holidays and good luck Smiley smile
  • Shay
    Frequent user February 2019 British Columbia
    Shay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ooo soft yellows and greys look amazing together! Or dark greys and those deep(?) Yellows. Great color choices!

I'm doing spring and have two dresses of my mom's best friend (who passed away) which I want to incorporate into my own dress/ring pillow or something. So my options are purple or burgundy if I use that as my base. Leaning towards pastel purples and greys!!! All-inclusive local venue for me as I have family coming from PEI to BC for the first time for this..one location is worth it but with a limited budget my options are also limited as is my wedding planning freedom. 6 in one hand half a dozen in the other! I think a community centre is a great choice!

• Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is in April so we are doing spring colours like blushes, and golds accents. Pinterest has so many different colour pallets.
  • M
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for responding but as you said more freedom and that's what I want, to be able to bring much own caterer
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been to quite a few weddings at Community Centres! I think most of them offer a bit more freedom than other venues. For example, you can bring in your own caterer or bartender. The downside is having to set up everything yourself (and cleaning it all up again!) but they usually give you the night before to set up so it can be a fun time with your bridal party.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics