Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalie
Frequent user August 2019 Ontario

Wedding Set-up

Natalie, on August 16, 2018 at 10:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Just wondering if it’s common or unreasonable to ask a venue to be allowed to set up and rehearse the day before the wedding?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on August 16, 2018 at 23:24
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Some venues have multiple weddings in a weekend, so they may not allow it unless you pay for the night before. We asked our venue to rehearse the day before, and we could have the ceremony space for the afternoon, but not the evening. We had the reception space for the morning early. My friend's venue had a wedding the day before hers, so she had to have the rehearsal a few days before.

• Natalie
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Natalie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you everyone! This has all been great advice Smiley heart. I was nervous booking with our venue over this as I don’t want to even have to think of setting up the morning of the wedding but we chose a different date and they’re allowing us set up the day before. So exited!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue had the reception area set up the day before as soon as we arrived. My husband and I put the final touches on the tables and head table. I put the guest favours per table as arranged on the sheet created on windows word.

The Thank You card was places too rather than sending it after. Waterbeads and LED lights were placed before the start of the evening start.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ask your venue. Ours has no problem with us coming the evening before to set up if they don’t have anything going on. And no we don’t have to pay for it.

I think most venues only make you pay a fee if you are actually holding a rehersal the night before.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would ask them. But it will probably cost more. I know my venue does. It also depends on their availability. If you're wedding is on a Saturday, you might not be able to set up and rehearse the day before because they might have a Friday wedding.

I'm getting married on a Friday, and my venue doesn't even offer Friday set-up for Saturday weddings because they're booked solid. We had the option to pay more for a Thursday set-up, but chose not to do it.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It all depends on your venue. We have to pay $150 extra to have the rehearsal the day before, and we get the venue booked off for 2 hours. It's still an active venue, and they could have other events on the Friday (wedding is Saturday), so we have to wait until much closer to the date to figure out if we can bring stuff/set up anything the night before.

You can check with venues before booking, but it is not mandatory by any means to include a rehearsal, or to allow you in the day before. It will be part of their contract/policy, so make sure you ask those questions before committing and realizing you're stuck.

Some venues won't even let you in before a certain time on the day of! We can go in as soon as there is staff there, but sometimes you literally only have from noon til midnight on the day. Double check!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that is pretty common. Check what the specifics are for your venue.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can definitely ask the venue to set up the day before. If they don't have any other events going on that day I can't see why not.

We have the whole day before the wedding to set up for ours and it will definitely make a difference- less stress and pressure for time. Then you can enjoy your rehearsal and rehearsal dinner with family Smiley smile

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If they don't have anything the night before, they will allow this. However, don't expect the place to be ready probably until past 6 pm based on my previous experience.

• Andrea
    Devoted January 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's very reasonable. The church I'm having my ceremony at includes a rehearsal in the price. We will do the rehearsal 1-2 days before my wedding. In terms of setting up, I dont see why a venue wouldn't allow doing this a day early or so, unless they have other events scheduled before yours.
  • April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I believe it depends on the venue. Some places hold weddings on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so in that case you wouldn’t be able to set up early.

I would definitely check and if nothing is booked prior I would tell them you want to set up early!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics